Jesus appears in Dream to ISIS militant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2015, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2015 10:09 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: Jesus appears in Dream to ISIS militant
21 months straight, against my will, for nothing I did. They did it because I insisted on trial and my innocence, and they put me in a psych ward with shit-smearers and "scream like I'm being stabbed right this moment" 23-hours-a-day (literally! the guy took a break from 3 to 4 PM every day, then started back up... I have no idea why) howlers, in order to try to "break" me into taking a plea bargain and/or give them names. Didn't work, but it did severely hamper my ability to defend myself, when the time came.

And I can't say that I didn't lose my mind. How would I know?

I do know it damaged me pretty badly. I know that there were 4 suicide attempts by others in the 6-cell unit, 2 of them successful, while I was there. I watched through my cell door window-slit (4" wide by 30" tall) as they carted away the bodies. (They "fixed the problem" by bolting a piece of 3/4" thick plexiglass over the bars in the outside translucent "window", which the suiciders had been using to hold up the other end of their bedsheet-nooses... this led one of our crazies to begin punching it in the center to make it reverberate like a giant bass drum in the concrete echo-chamber that was the Unit, throughout the day. Joy.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2015, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2015 06:22 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(05-06-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  How the fuck does any English speaking person name his / her kid "Oral" ? Huh

Presumably Ma Roberts knew she was raising a colossal cocksucker, eh?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-07-2015, 01:45 PM
[Image: 2m2g7yb.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
21-07-2015, 01:47 PM
(21-07-2015 09:57 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  21 months straight, against my will, for nothing I did. They did it because I insisted on trial and my innocence, and they put me in a psych ward with shit-smearers and "scream like I'm being stabbed right this moment" 23-hours-a-day (literally! the guy took a break from 3 to 4 PM every day, then started back up... I have no idea why) howlers, in order to try to "break" me into taking a plea bargain and/or give them names. Didn't work, but it did severely hamper my ability to defend myself, when the time came.

And I can't say that I didn't lose my mind. How would I know?

I do know it damaged me pretty badly. I know that there were 4 suicide attempts by others in the 6-cell unit, 2 of them successful, while I was there. I watched through my cell door window-slit (4" wide by 30" tall) as they carted away the bodies. (They "fixed the problem" by bolting a piece of 3/4" thick plexiglass over the bars in the outside translucent "window", which the suiciders had been using to hold up the other end of their bedsheet-nooses... this led one of our crazies to begin punching it in the center to make it reverberate like a giant bass drum in the concrete echo-chamber that was the Unit, throughout the day. Joy.)

I have often wondered how people who work in the crazy wards maintain sanity? I am a pretty resilient person, but I know I couldn't be surrounded by crazy day after day and not get cracks in my brain...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
21-07-2015, 02:16 PM
(21-07-2015 01:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have often wondered how people who work in the crazy wards maintain sanity? I am a pretty resilient person, but I know I couldn't be surrounded by crazy day after day and not get cracks in my brain...

It's because they're not there 24 hours a day. They don't have to (attempt to) sleep there, most importantly.

They can go home, fuck their spouse, drink beer, and sleep in a real bed in a quiet room. (Or quiet-ish, if they have kids.)

I "worked" three 8-hour shifts every day, that whole time. Heh.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
21-07-2015, 11:45 PM
Holy shit... Sorry you went through that man. This is why I know you've got a strong mind. To come outta there still in possession of your sense of humour and just... being the all round nice guy that you come across as... that's impressive.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Quote:.....Jesus came to him in his sleep, he touched Ali’s dreaming forehead and said “Now you belong to me.” Then he put his finger on Ali’s dreaming heart and said, “You have been saved, follow me. You belong to me.”

**Edited excerpt from the book*****
Jesus then continued gently touching Ali's supple skin. He then gingerly cupped the great stones of Ali and asked "would you take me to heaven?" Ali was afraid but unconcerned as he was being paroled in a few days and afterall, Jesus had protected him when the other gang members tried to shank him in the exercise yard last Tuesday. Jesus was the best cellmate anyone could ask for. He owed him that.......

Better version of Doyle's book. Thumbsup

I guess this could go in the "quotes taken out of context" thread.

Edit: This was not a jab at you RS. Just wanted to let you know.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac