Jesus as lover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Jesus as lover
The sex in heaven thread reminded me of a set of books that is popular with lonely Christian women. Jesus is depicted as a passionate lover of your soul, your prince, who wants to envelop you in his strong loving arms. When my wife was a Christian she had one of these and I was shocked at all of the sexual overtones.

Here's the description of the title 'His princess bride: love letters from your prince'

'In His Princess: Love Letters from Your King, beloved author Sheri Rose Shepherd helped women understand just how much their Father in Heaven loves them. Now she reveals to them how to enter into a passionate relationship with the lover of their souls. Any woman who has been yearning for her Lord--her Prince--to whisper the sacred secrets of eternity to her through his Word will thrill to discover His Princess Bride.

In this life-giving book, Shepherd shares with readers fifty love letters from their Prince. These loving and affirming messages will show readers in vivid detail the unquenchable love their Prince has for them and how they fit into the family of God. Readers will also find fifty prayers that will help them put into words the love and devotion they long to express to their Lord. Gorgeous packaging and four-color interior design make this a perfect gift to connect the hearts of women to the heart of Christ.'

Seems like they are longing to connect to more than his heart.

http://www.amazon.com/His-Princess-Bride...y_b_text_y
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like freetoreason's post
30-08-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: Jesus as lover
So to the cannibalism of communion is added necrophilia. These people should be seeing a doctor, and I don't mean a doctor of divinity.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
30-08-2014, 09:05 AM
[Image: 3d40840d9044aad019196799c8e4ffa2_zpsbb3ae7c8.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
30-08-2014, 09:07 AM
It's a strange sub-culture, one of my religious nieces was into Amish forbidden romance. I don't even pretend to understand the layered sexual inhibitions/fantasies this implies.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
30-08-2014, 09:20 AM
The user reviews were hilarious. "The kind of book that fills me up." No

I think the book should have a pocket vibrator free with purchase.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
30-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Not to worry, there's also a version for the little princesses, 'His little princess: treasured letters from your king'
http://www.amazon.com/His-Little-Princes...24FPPAN6H8

And for the teens, 'His princess girl talk with God: love letters for young women'
http://www.amazon.com/His-Princess-Girl-...2DC8TRPZ99

Looking through the also bought it's amazing what a racket this crazy lady has built. Yes the reviews are hilarious. Tells me Christian women need to be getting a lot more sex, in a variety of ways.
30-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Brought to you, no doubt, by the same people who write the Harlequin Romances.

Does Jeezus look anything like Fabio on the cover?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
30-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Books to add to my 'never, ever read' list. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
30-08-2014, 11:05 AM
That is just sad. There they save themselves for the ultimate lover - just to arrive there disembodied. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh, so this is the book for christian fat chicks.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube