Jesus-con

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Jesus-con
In the last 20 years Comic cons have made huge money.

I say we start a parallel for those people who believe in different superhero....

Just think - we could get a shitload of goofy geeks to show up dressed as their favorite biblical character to pay big for tickets, we'll have some speakers run a panel or two, have some merchandising to sell, we can take kickbacks from local restaurants and hotels.....

We'll make a fucking fortune...

Look out Stan Lee..... We're taking over....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-08-2017, 04:00 PM
RE: Jesus-con
(26-08-2017 03:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In the last 20 years Comic cons have made huge money.

I say we start a parallel for those people who believe in different superhero....

Just think - we could get a shitload of goofy geeks to show up dressed as their favorite biblical character to pay big for tickets, we'll have some speakers run a panel or two, have some merchandising to sell, we can take kickbacks from local restaurants and hotels.....

Big Grin

Ooh! I could get Mormon president Thomas S. Monson (who, according to Latter-day Saint theology, speaks directly to God) to sign my Book of Mormon and Mormon Jesus Poster!

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
26-08-2017, 04:33 PM
I bet that dickhead Ken Ham would jump at the chance. Maybe have it at his failed Ark Encounter. It could be like the Christian nerd's Mecca.
Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
26-08-2017, 04:37 PM
(26-08-2017 03:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In the last 20 years Comic cons have made huge money.

Big Grin

That idea has legs!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-08-2017, 04:53 PM
They have something similar. There are "conferences." Like a comicon, they have people who love talking about imaginary heroes who fought against the evildoers. My ex's sister gets giddy during planning her trips to them.

Now we need a figurehead who's a mean old SOB like Stan is in person. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
26-08-2017, 09:22 PM
There's actually a lot of conferences like this:
Women of Faith
Women of Grace
Steubenville Conferences around the country
Music festivals like Creation & Winterjam

All of those are just off the top of my head. Tongue Oh and if one wants kitsch, there's the International Christian Retail Show or the retail show for the Christian Booksellers Association.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2017, 09:58 PM
(26-08-2017 09:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ... the retail show for the Christian Booksellers Association.
When I managed a Barnes & Noble they offered to send me to that (or something similar, I forget). I politely declined. Then I worked for a competitor who also offered. Declined again.

If I believed in curses...
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
27-08-2017, 04:16 AM
If there was a Church of Marvel or Church of DC, and people got to regularly cosplay as their favorite comic characters every Sunday with widespread social approval? Comic-cons would mostly cease to be a thing anymore.

Just sayin'...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-08-2017, 07:15 AM
(27-08-2017 04:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If there was a Church of Marvel or Church of DC, and people got to regularly cosplay as their favorite comic characters every Sunday with widespread social approval? Comic-cons would mostly cease to be a thing anymore.

Just sayin'...

If I ever run for public office, I promise to be sworn in on an issue of Action Comics if elected.

So help me Superman.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-08-2017, 01:10 PM
(26-08-2017 09:58 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(26-08-2017 09:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ... the retail show for the Christian Booksellers Association.
When I managed a Barnes & Noble they offered to send me to that (or something similar, I forget). I politely declined. Then I worked for a competitor who also offered. Declined again.

If I believed in curses...

Drat, and I would've gone. Tongue There's a book called Rapture Ready! where a Jewish author goes through America looking at Evangelical culture, and he goes to one of the trade shows and describes it in detail. At one point the President of one of the bigger groups mumbles to him, "Just because Jesus can save your soul, it doesn't mean he gives you a good product."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user