Jesus doesn't change people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Jesus doesn't change people
(09-06-2015 01:03 PM)Satyam Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 12:38 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I just told you I "explored the unknown" last night. Now there's a crusty paper towel in my bathroom trash containing "intimate truth".

Got a lady friend coming over tonight. Gonna give her a big helping of intimate truth, ifs ya know what I means homie?!

*Fist bump?
This isn't you that's doing sex. Its sex that is driving you. Slave never have their will they are only slaves. You are only instrumental now. Sex with the soul if u can otherwise you will become puppet in the hands of virtues and vice.

This sounds a lot cooler if you imagine Yoda's voice as you read it.

"Jerking off you must not. Waste of time to chase the pussy it is. Save you Jesus will. Cry he does when touching ones self."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
09-06-2015, 01:30 PM
(09-06-2015 01:00 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  It's this simple: God is either there or he isn't. And those who claim to be in the know continue to be forced to move God from man's view. He's been forced from above the clouds to outside the universe in a small amount of time.

But of course in the Christian religion we’re not particularly talking about the God outside, but a God that emptied himself in flesh and blood, as the bruised and murdered man of the crucifixion, who cast his lot among the poor, and the oppressed, whose voice is found among them. That to behold the God, one must first behold the Man.

Of course this sort of stuff, elicits nothing more from you then bewildered contempt, nothing but spite and resentment. All but another thing to trample on, and spit at. The why, is the more interesting question.
09-06-2015, 01:35 PM
(09-06-2015 01:30 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 01:00 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  It's this simple: God is either there or he isn't. And those who claim to be in the know continue to be forced to move God from man's view. He's been forced from above the clouds to outside the universe in a small amount of time.

But of course in the Christian religion we’re not particularly talking about the God outside, but a God that emptied himself in flesh and blood, as the bruised and murdered man of the crucifixion, who cast his lot among the poor, and the oppressed, whose voice is found among them. That to behold the God, one must first behold the Man.

Of course this sort of stuff, elicits nothing more from you then bewildered contempt, nothing but spite and resentment. All but another thing to trample on, and spit at. The why, is the more interesting question.

None of the 1st paragraph does any of the 2nd paragraph... THE 2nd paragraph is what causes the 2nd paragraph. It's the generalized arrogance and assertions of knowledge, about the minds of other people, that are contemptible.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-06-2015, 01:37 PM
(09-06-2015 01:30 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

I spit at it because its a pack hypocritical lies. Focus on your Jesus if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't make the rest of it go away. For Jesus to exist, God has to exist.

Have we really come full circle in this conversation that you've resorted to "Jesus juice"? Didn't take long for you to give up defending the bullshit.
09-06-2015, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 02:14 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(08-06-2015 08:30 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  What does morally change people? How does a man who is far from a good person, become a good person? By what means is one able to stop being a selfish, inconsiderate person, a philanderer, and poor father, and hope to become a good person, a good husband and father? By what means is one able to leave behind the abyss of his immoral life, and find himself fulfilled by a moral one? One thing is clear, to be a good person, is a hardly a matter of recognizing that one is far from it. It may be a start, but could just as easily lead to a life of perpetuating the same habits one so desires to break but can't find himself able to.

God, Jebus, Vishnu, Allah or whatever else isn't needed at all for that kind of transformation. However the difference seems to be...you do all the work to become a better person and give an invisible friend all the credit?!

There are plenty to profess deep belief in a deity and fail miserably at self improvement. Wonder why that is?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2015, 02:04 PM
(09-06-2015 01:37 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  For Jesus to exist, God has to exist.

Jesus existence is independent of God's exist, but if God does not exist, we would need a different version of the story, a fifth Gospel, a Gospel of disbelief. A man who died for convictions, defeated by the cruel wheels of history, reminding him that his convictions amounted to nothing.

Quote:Have we really come full circle in this conversation that you've resorted to "Jesus juice"? Didn't take long for you to give up defending the bullshit.

We haven't gone full circle, we haven't moved. We're always in the same place, the place in which you seek to find that which justifies and sustains your contempt, and resentments. There's something delightful about that feeling isn't there? That it's a thing to desire, and be consumed by, even if at some level it seems repulsive.

I'd wager there a lot more to the well in which it comes from, than whatever hovers superficially in our conversation. Perhaps all sorts of pain and disappointment?
09-06-2015, 02:17 PM
(09-06-2015 01:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  God, Jebus, Vishnu, Allah or whatever else isn't needed at all for that kind of transformation. However the difference seems to be...you do all the work to become a better person and give an invisible friend all the credit?!

There are plenty to profess deep belief in an deity and fail miserably at self improvement. Wonder why that is?

The world is filled with men who desire to be good, but can never get beyond their own depravity. One long look at human history, and we see it littered by moral failings, with only handful of success stories. Belief in God doesn't particularly do the trick, nor does belief in his non-existence.

But when a man strives to be better, when he desires to be good, what is this form he's desiring to become? It seems more rooted than merely a thing of social expectations. Who is it that brings to life his failings, that embeds in him the desire to be good. What sustains one man, and cripples another, allows one man to be transformed, another to live endlessly in his failings.

You don't have to refer to anything here as God or Jesus of course, but one has to be grateful to that thing, or things, that pours light into the shadows.
09-06-2015, 02:20 PM
(09-06-2015 02:04 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 01:37 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  For Jesus to exist, God has to exist.

Jesus existence is independent of God's exist, but if God does not exist, we would need a different version of the story, a fifth Gospel, a Gospel of disbelief. A man who died for convictions, defeated by the cruel wheels of history, reminding him that his convictions amounted to nothing.

Quote:Have we really come full circle in this conversation that you've resorted to "Jesus juice"? Didn't take long for you to give up defending the bullshit.

We haven't gone full circle, we haven't moved. We're always in the same place, the place in which you seek to find that which justifies and sustains your contempt, and resentments. There's something delightful about that feeling isn't there? That it's a thing to desire, and be consumed by, even if at some level it seems repulsive.

I'd wager there a lot more to the well in which it comes from, than whatever hovers superficially in our conversation. Perhaps all sorts of pain and disappointment?

Pain and disappointment huh? Appears I might be striking a nerve.

Is there where you suggest I'm just mad at God? What pain and disappointment are you suggesting? I've never really been a believer. I tried it and felt corny.

I lash back at it because I'm surrounded by fools who blindly believe in the Christian myth and their Jesus. Where I live if you don't believe, then you are the fool or a Satan worshipper. Gays are discriminated against and bigotry reigns. Laws are affected by the elected leaders who either believe or claim to believe to get the votes of the majority.

You're woo attempts to control my life with laws and threats of damnation. Pain and disappointment? No sir. Confusion and rage? You god damn right!
09-06-2015, 02:30 PM
(09-06-2015 02:20 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Is there where you suggest I'm just mad at God?

No, I don't think that's it.

Quote:I lash back at it because I'm surrounded by fools who blindly believe in the Christian myth and their Jesus. Where I live if you don't believe, then you are the fool or a Satan worshipper. Gays are discriminated against and bigotry reigns. Laws are affected by the elected leaders who either believe or claim to believe to get the votes of the majority.

Is it because they blindly believe in the Christian myth and their Jesus. Or because they look at you like a fool, etc? Is the rage fueled by what they believe, or how these beliefs directly impact you?

Quote:You're woo attempts to control my life with laws and threats of damnation. Pain and disappointment? No sir. Confusion and rage? You god damn right!

Has anyone actually attempted to control your life personally? Has religion violated your personal space in such a way? Or is it is influence and effect on others primarily that fuels your rage?
09-06-2015, 02:41 PM
I think believers are morons in that single regard, but I don't say that to them. Generally speaking, in my neck of the woods, if you admit to being atheist, you're met with ridicule or worse...pity. I don't need a retard who believes in a magic zombie pitying me, and its head scratching to know that this person thinks I'm the idiot. But like I said, this train of thought only applies to their religion.

And as a white male of heterosexual preferences, I'm only condemned when I admit to non-belief, but many close friends have not been so fortunate.

I'm not sure how many more pieces I need to add together for you to get why I despise the bullshit you worship.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post