Jesus doesn't change people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: Jesus doesn't change people
Understanding is limited. The knowledge that you have attained is provided by your surrounding. The fact is it that you does not own anything since your birth the body you have got is from your parents. Death will surely show you your status. Explore the unknown within you and find the intimate truth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2015, 12:35 PM
(09-06-2015 12:30 PM)Satyam Wrote:  Understanding is limited. The knowledge that you have attained is provided by your surrounding. The fact is it that you does not own anything since your birth the body you have got is from your parents. Death will surely show you your status. Explore the unknown within you and find the intimate truth.

The body I have is from the food I eat, my DNA is a gift from both my mother and father who got it from their mother and father and so on and so forth until we get back to the last common ancestor of all life that descended from what is likely to be little more than a series of self-replicating redox reactions.

Go to church and pray for us to change. We will wait for your god to do something Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
09-06-2015, 12:38 PM
(09-06-2015 12:30 PM)Satyam Wrote:  Understanding is limited. The knowledge that you have attained is provided by your surrounding. The fact is it that you does not own anything since your birth the body you have got is from your parents. Death will surely show you your status. Explore the unknown within you and find the intimate truth.

I just told you I "explored the unknown" last night. Now there's a crusty paper towel in my bathroom trash containing "intimate truth".

Got a lady friend coming over tonight. Gonna give her a big helping of intimate truth, ifs ya know what I means homie?!

*Fist bump?
09-06-2015, 12:44 PM

"Knowledge nurtures total acceptance of belonging"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
09-06-2015, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 12:52 PM by Tomasia.)
(09-06-2015 09:59 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Do you believe in all the supernatural aspects in the Bible? That shit is pretty black and white, and if you say yes than why do we no longer see these supernatural things today?

I do think when atheists tend to speak of the supernatural, they often limit the scope of what they mean by it, water turning into wine is quite obviously supernatural, talking snakes are obviously supernatural, the departing of the Red Sea is entirely supernatural, ghost, and leprechauns are supernatural. But how about beliefs in moral order, a moral arc that bends towards justice, moral obligations, that there is good and evil in the world, that our existence has intrinsic meaning? To me all these beliefs are no less supernatural than a man being able to live several days in the belly of a whale.

Miracles abound even today of course, that matter is able to order itself in particular way, and produce conscious creatures, that blows my mind. Yet here we are, creatures that defied all odds. That we’re not just a bunch of zombies, but beings with these rich inner lives, desiring to find meaning, to be good, who see a world enriched with distinctions, plagued by our misdoings, fulfilled by doing what is right, creatures of hope, even in conditions of misery. Men that defy odds, oppressed folk able to undo the social order, through love and non-violence. Able to pierce a veil, to touch the void, and hear the echo or the tunes that emanate from it. Here are we are creatures able to love and to forgive, to be renewed and reconciled, or able to wallow endlessly in our contempt and resentments. Here we are an audience, and participants in a world that’s both monstrous, and so endlessly beautiful. A life more profound, more miraculous than a thousand departed Red Seas, yet here you are wondering were are all the parlor tricks? If you can’t see reasons to believe in the every day hum and agonies of life, then I doubt that pulling a rabbit out a hat would do the trick.

Quote:You believe simply because you want too.

If this were the case, then disbelief would simply be a matter of not wanting to believe. I believe, because I wouldn’t know how not to believe. I would have to close the doors, isolate myself in a cave somewhere, and deny all that richness that abounds. If I didn’t want to believe, the only option at this point, for me, would be to live in a constant state of denial.
09-06-2015, 12:45 PM
The most practical thing in the universe is God. Everything else is imaginary. We are just avoiding him as we don't want to break this momentum of desire. We avoid the death. Avoid the vast space beyond our sight. We have become programmed by virtue and vice and living in imaginary world ignoring truth. World is not more than merely a dream. Everything false here. Everything bound by name and shape only. No individual identity. Nothing practical more than God my dear. Explore unknown within you.
09-06-2015, 12:48 PM
(09-06-2015 12:44 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 09:59 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Do you believe in all the supernatural aspects in the Bible? That shit is pretty black and white, and if you say yes than why do we no longer see these supernatural things today?

I do think when atheists tend to speak of the supernatural, they often limit the scope of what they mean by it, water turning into wine is quite obviously supernatural, talking snakes are obviously supernatural, the departing of the Red Sea is entirely supernatural, ghost, and leprechauns are supernatural. But how about beliefs in moral order, a moral arc that bends towards justice, moral obligations, that there is good and evil in the world, that our existence has intrinsic meaning? To me all these beliefs are no less supernatural than a man being able to live several days in the belly of a whale.

Miracles abound even today of course, that matter is able to order itself in particular way, and produce conscious creatures, that blows my mind. Yet here we are, creatures that defied all odds. That we’re not just a bunch of zombies, but beings with these rich inner lives, desiring to find meaning, to be good, who see a world enriched with distinctions, plagued by our misdoings, fulfilled by doing what is right, creatures of hope, even in conditions of misery. Men that defy odds, oppressed folk able to undo the social order, through love and non-violence. Able to pierce a veil, to touch the void, and hear the echo or the tunes that emanate from it. Here are we are creatures able to love and to forgive, to be renewed and reconciled, or able to wallow endlessly in our contempt and resentments. Here we are an audience, and participants in a world that’s both monstrous, and so endlessly beautiful. A life more profound, more miraculous than a thousand departed Red Seas, yet here you are wondering were are all the parlor tricks? If you can’t see reasons to believe in the every day hum and agonies of life, then I doubt that pulling a rabbit out a hat would do the trick.

If this were the case, then disbelief would simply be a matter of not wanting to believe. I believe, because I wouldn’t know how not to believe. I would have to close the doors, isolate myself in a cave somewhere, and deny all that richness that abounds. If I didn’t want to believe, the only option for me would to live in a constant state of denial.

You could always try brain surgery and damaging sectors of your brain instead. Perhaps that would work opposed to locking yourself in a cave.

Btw, that consciousness may just as well be a supernatural illusion the same way you think people believe in a good/bad morality is. It's actually a false idea that we are culturally or evolutionary formed to think of as the real way when it could easily be argued it isn't.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-06-2015, 12:53 PM
I pray for all of you to become more atheist as it is the first step of becoming real theist. Every person has to find his own path to attain truth. In this you cannot advantage of Jesus way or path. But its wrong to avoid ultimate truth as sooner or later you will have to face it.
09-06-2015, 01:00 PM
(09-06-2015 12:44 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

If this were the case, then disbelief would simply be a matter of not wanting to believe. I believe, because I wouldn’t know how not to believe. I would have to close the doors, isolate myself in a cave somewhere, and deny all that richness that abounds. If I didn’t want to believe, the only option for me would to live in a constant state of denial.

Another theist giving God credit for nature. Just stop it. It's disgusting.

I'm compelled by our amazing universe and the complexity of life on our plant. I even chuckle about the saying, "we are the universe trying to figure itself out".

But I'm not giving credit much less using it as evidence for something that doesn't exist.

You disregard God's parlor tricks of 2000 years ago because we have consciousness. We had consciousness 2000 years ago too! Always got an excuse...but to believe in God you have too! What does that tell you?

It's this simple: God is either there or he isn't. And those who claim to be in the know continue to be forced to move God from man's view. He's been forced from above the clouds to outside the universe in a small amount of time.

God can only be found inside one's head. Can I cut off the top of yours to get your evidence?
09-06-2015, 01:03 PM
(09-06-2015 12:38 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  

I just told you I "explored the unknown" last night. Now there's a crusty paper towel in my bathroom trash containing "intimate truth".

Got a lady friend coming over tonight. Gonna give her a big helping of intimate truth, ifs ya know what I means homie?!

*Fist bump?
This isn't you that's doing sex. Its sex that is driving you. Slave never have their will they are only slaves. You are only instrumental now. Sex with the soul if u can otherwise you will become puppet in the hands of virtues and vice.