Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us
really ? this is the great sacrifice that redeemed mankind of its sins ? the loss of 3 days ? after coming back he was partying like usual with his chums

what is the point of him sacrificing his life if he's gonna come back to life 3days later

the resurrection just seems a little to convenient
he died, and came back to life and went back to daddy with his physical body, so the writers didn't have to worry about people looking for the body of the son of god

also did anyone else notice that when the bible talks about things, the further it is in the past the more vague it gets on the finer details... or any details in general ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Ace's post
16-07-2014, 08:05 AM
RE: Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us
(16-07-2014 07:42 AM)Ace Wrote:  really ? this is the great sacrifice that redeemed mankind of its sins ? the loss of 3 days ? after coming back he was partying like usual with his chums

what is the point of him sacrificing his life if he's gonna come back to life 3days later

he died, and came back to life and went back to daddy with his physical body, so the writers didn't have to worry about people looking for the body of the son of god

also did anyone else notice that when the bible talks about things, the further it is in the past the more vague it gets on the finer details... or any details in general ?

Yep it just leaves so many little plot holes. I mean did they really not think anyone would look at this and ask for more details. The most poorly written book I've ever read.
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
16-07-2014, 08:41 AM
(16-07-2014 08:05 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 07:42 AM)Ace Wrote:  really ? this is the great sacrifice that redeemed mankind of its sins ? the loss of 3 days ? after coming back he was partying like usual with his chums

Yep it just leaves so many little plot holes. I mean did they really not think anyone would look at this and ask for more details. The most poorly written book I've ever read.
Holes in the plot, holes in his hands, holes in his feet, holes everywhere...
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
16-07-2014, 08:54 AM

So he can lord it over everyone for literally all eternity of course! It's probably a common scene up in heaven, "What do you mean you don't want to play checkers with me? Is that any way to treat someone who died for three days for you!?".

Quote:the resurrection just seems a little to convenient

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure people would have found like a dozen different bodies and thousands of bones. Ya know, like there are fifty crosses worth of pieces of his cross. Yes
16-07-2014, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2014 09:34 AM by Ace.)
(16-07-2014 08:54 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  So he can lord it over everyone for literally all eternity of course! It's probably a common scene up in heaven, "What do you mean you don't want to play checkers with me? Is that any way to treat someone who died for three days for you!?".

there's an easy way the writers could've avoided this plot hole by writing this

Jesus said after 3 days have passed since my death you must destroy my remains for I will not need it, my soul will rise and return to my father in heaven
............................. 3 days later...................................
corpse is destroyed by his followers (who abandoned their families to follow a stranger)

this would make more sense, well actually it wouldn't make anymore sense (at least the meaning of the word sacrifice is lived up to, or in this case died upto)
but ghost of jebus is more sanitary than zombie jebus..... who knows what would happened if he stayed, maybe he would've started the zombie apocalypse
16-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Re: Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us
I'm still trying to figure out how dying Friday and having the body gone Sunday morning is 3 days.,less than 48 hours would of gone by

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Re: Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us
I'm still trying to figure out how dying Friday and having the body gone Sunday morning is 3 days.,less than 48 hours would of gone by

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-07-2014, 09:42 AM
(16-07-2014 09:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm still trying to figure out how dying Friday and having the body gone Sunday morning is 3 days.,less than 48 hours would of gone by

because the people who wrote the damn bible got their information from people who heard it from people who heard it from people who saw it more than 10years ago Smartass

random person 1: he died on friday evening and came back to life on sunday morning, I saw it happen morethan 10years ago
random person 2: he died on friday and came back to life on sunday morning
random person 3: he died on friday and came back to life on sunday
random person 4: he died on friday and came back to life on sunday
writer: how did jebus die ?
random person 5: he died on friday and came back to life on sunday
writer: so Friday, Saturday and Sunday, that three day, seems legit since I asking people who never saw it HAPPEN!!!!
16-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Plus death, in religious terms, is really just separation of the soul from the body. Not exactly any big deal as far as sacrifices go.

In fact, many people having out of body experiences believe their soul has separated from the body and I don't see them going around claiming they rose from the dead when it was over.

(16-07-2014 08:41 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Holes in the plot, holes in his hands, holes in his feet, holes everywhere...
That reminds me of the Disney movie. Tongue

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
16-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Pssshh....it wasn't even a sacrifice. He took back his life. A sacrifice would've been him staying dead. I can't claim I sacrificed an episode of Californifation if I recorded it and watched it later. That's just having your cake and eating it.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."