Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us
(16-07-2014 07:42 AM)Ace Wrote:  really ? this is the great sacrifice that redeemed mankind of its sins ? the loss of 3 days ? after coming back he was partying like usual with his chums

what is the point of him sacrificing his life if he's gonna come back to life 3days later

the resurrection just seems a little to convenient
he died, and came back to life and went back to daddy with his physical body, so the writers didn't have to worry about people looking for the body of the son of god

also did anyone else notice that when the bible talks about things, the further it is in the past the more vague it gets on the finer details... or any details in general ?

The astrological/mythicist view is that this represents the three days between 22 and 25 December when the sun god reaches its lowest point in the sky and then rises. If a person were to come back to life after three days that would signify they were a god, so it goes. I have my doubts, obviously...

Another theory is that he didn't actually die at all. Josephus recounts taking a friend down from a cross where said friend was crucified between two other. This person supposedly survived. Whether he had been up there for three days is, I think, unlikely.

But, yes, God gave his only son for a limited time of three days hanging, for much of it unconscious from a cross, to save all humanity, and if you believe this, you go to heaven.

This is something that literally more than a billion people have believed. However, if you say that there is a rational explanation of this story arising out of a real event where a Nazarene rebel was crucified by the Romans and survived, then apparently, you are a "crackpot" because we all know that Jesus must have been some peace preaching "dude".Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 02:48 PM
(16-07-2014 07:42 AM)Ace Wrote:  really ? this is the great sacrifice that redeemed mankind of its sins ? the loss of 3 days ? after coming back he was partying like usual with his chums

what is the point of him sacrificing his life if he's gonna come back to life 3days later

he died, and came back to life and went back to daddy with his physical body, so the writers didn't have to worry about people looking for the body of the son of god

also did anyone else notice that when the bible talks about things, the further it is in the past the more vague it gets on the finer details... or any details in general ?

One of the aspects of the christian crucifixion that totally pisses me off is that they make out like no one else was ever crucified......ever.....only poor ol' Jesus. (if it even happened.) Hell, there were many, many thousands of people crucified in ancient Roman time. It was all in a days work for the guys that hoisted people up on crosses. I'm sure they grabbed a bit of lunch between crucifixions and gabbed about mundane stuff while it was all going on. Passerbys probably didn't even look up from their goat herding and sheep shearing to notice.

It simply wasn't anything special to be hanging on a cross and die there.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-07-2014, 03:18 PM
(16-07-2014 02:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

One of the aspects of the christian crucifixion that totally pisses me off is that they make out like no one else was ever crucified......ever.....only poor ol' Jesus. (if it even happened.) Hell, there were many, many thousands of people crucified in ancient Roman time. It was all in a days work for the guys that hoisted people up on crosses. I'm sure they grabbed a bit of lunch between crucifixions and gabbed about mundane stuff while it was all going on. Passerbys probably didn't even look up from their goat herding and sheep shearing to notice.

This might have been Catholic (not sure), but when I still went to church related things as a kid, they would occasionally make a big deal of two thieves crucified next to him. One of them said something about how Jesus didn't deserve it or something and so went up to heaven with him...I think, they didn't focus on this often.

So, they know it happened to other people, but for Jesus it was just special I guess. Rolleyes
19-07-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2014 09:45 PM by Jagare.)
(16-07-2014 01:26 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Pssshh....it wasn't even a sacrifice. He took back his life. A sacrifice would've been him staying dead. I can't claim I sacrificed an episode of Californifation if I recorded it and watched it later. That's just having your cake and eating it.

Exactly.

What sacrifice? How does an immortal deity sacrifice himself any way???
In fact, you can't even use the suffering on the day he died as an example of his sacrifice because a deity who can walk on water could easily manipulate his nerves so that he felt no pain whatsoever. Is Jesus even recorded in the scriptures as ever crying out in pain??

Pathetic. The story is pathetic and the messiah is a joke.

[Image: 025-prometheus.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Jagare's post
19-07-2014, 03:33 AM
yeah, Jesus didn't sacrifice shit.

Jesus was the lord thy god. There for according to these words he spoke himself, professing himself as yahwey. He has lived for eternity before and will live for eternity afterwards of the universe.

I broke my left arm 20 years ago. That was a tiny bit of pain and today it does not effect me...PERIOD! I could care less about any of that. When I banged my funny bone yesterday. Fuck If I care right?

A shit ton of pain 2000 years ago? You think Yahwey fucking cares anymore in the slightest bit? Fuck no! Why the hell would he? Why would anyone? Would he even be able to remember that? I wouldn't!

Dying kinda implies you will never come back ever again.

Now, lets take the sacrifice of dying in and of itself.
This life is just a test for unfathomable riches, paradise and happiness according to Christians. The world back in those times were miserable. Sending someone to paradise is HARDLY a sacrifice.

If I quit my job and make arrangements to have a man who has been homeless for 20 years to take my place. Is that a sacrifice? If I do not already have a job to go to after I quit. So long as I am "giving up something forever" then Its a sacrifice.

Now, If I make arrangements to where this same thing happens BUT I get my job back in 3 days and we both keep our jobs anyway. Its NOT a sacrifice. Just like
having yourself killed when you already made the pre arranged plans of coming back is NOT a sacrifice.

A Christian counter to this is you lose your humanity well, according to "most" Christians and the bible. You become something better then human when you lose your humanity. You no longer have emotions other then "good" ones apparently. You can never become bored or have need to entertainment or anything that is remotely considered human or a part of what we experience as living beings.

You basically die and hand all of your memories of your past life to a lifeless, emotionless robotic spirit that does nothing but praise and worship yahwey for an eternity and act like the NSA and spy on everyone.

Jesus didn't Sacrifice SHIT.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
19-07-2014, 04:38 AM
(16-07-2014 03:18 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 02:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  One of the aspects of the christian crucifixion that totally pisses me off is that they make out like no one else was ever crucified......ever.....only poor ol' Jesus. (if it even happened.) Hell, there were many, many thousands of people crucified in ancient Roman time. It was all in a days work for the guys that hoisted people up on crosses. I'm sure they grabbed a bit of lunch between crucifixions and gabbed about mundane stuff while it was all going on. Passerbys probably didn't even look up from their goat herding and sheep shearing to notice.

This might have been Catholic (not sure), but when I still went to church related things as a kid, they would occasionally make a big deal of two thieves crucified next to him. One of them said something about how Jesus didn't deserve it or something and so went up to heaven with him...I think, they didn't focus on this often.

So, they know it happened to other people, but for Jesus it was just special I guess. Rolleyes

The two men Yeshua was crucified with were labeled as “lestai,” incorrectly translated in some bibles as “robbers.” In fact “lestai” was a derogatory term for insurrectionists, who, by armed action, opposed Roman rule (http://www.drabruzzi.com/jesus_movement.htm, http://haqol.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/th...i-rebel/). Jesus was crucified by the Romans between two zealots, we’re told he thought he was king of the Jews, and the reader is expected to believe he wasn’t a zealot!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2014, 04:45 AM
(16-07-2014 08:41 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 08:05 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Yep it just leaves so many little plot holes. I mean did they really not think anyone would look at this and ask for more details. The most poorly written book I've ever read.

Holes in the plot, holes in his hands, holes in his feet, holes everywhere...

No wonder why the book is called 'holy'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-07-2014, 06:26 AM
(16-07-2014 07:42 AM)Ace Wrote:  really ? this is the great sacrifice that redeemed mankind of its sins ? the loss of 3 days ?

What's more, he only lost three days out of infinity days.
19-07-2014, 08:57 AM
(19-07-2014 06:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 07:42 AM)Ace Wrote:  really ? this is the great sacrifice that redeemed mankind of its sins ? the loss of 3 days ?

What's more, he only lost three days out of infinity days.

I wonder what the average level of common sense was back in those day
19-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Life expectancy 2000 years ago was about 30 years. Death by violence was very common. Even without resurrection the "sacrifice" was nothing remarkable or noteworthy, the crucifixion was just one among that day's batch of three, killing men who at their age would most likely have met death not much later anyway, either by violence, or by treatments administered by the physicians of the day that were more likely to kill you than the affliction being treated.

The cartoon a few posts back highlights an aspect of the "sacrifice" that usually escapes notice: as an occasion of human suffering it's very mild. Even with the flensing beforehand the physical discomfort was short-lived. To many people who have endured far worse for far longer, that "sacrifice" must seem like a broken fingernail compared to their own misery - being asked, no, commanded to respect it as some sort of cataclysmic event can only come across as cruelly insulting.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post