Jesus had hemorrhoids for our sins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 09:31 AM by TheInquisition.)
RE: Jesus had hemorrhoids for our sins
(16-03-2015 10:32 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 05:04 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  LOL! Did you know that this is an atheist site? I don't give a fuck about Jeebus blood magic pagan rituals. It's an amazing aspect of human psychology that a grown adult takes any of this seriously. You live in a world where these blood magic rituals actually make sense, I want no part of this barbaric insanity.

So how big of a hyssop branch is needed to sprinkle the blood in the temple?
Was the hyssop branch not necessary with Jesus' blood? Was it not necessary to sprinkle Jesus' blood with a hyssop branch on an altar in the temple?

If you think any of us here find any of this stuff interesting or real, you're sadly mistaken.

You know that hyssop is a plant and Jesus died upon a tree for us? You know that John 19 specifically mentions that when (other) prophecy was fulfilled, Jesus took sour wine from a sponge held on a hyssop branch? You know that the writer of Hebrews, anticipating your question, explains why Jesus didn't die in the temple area--specifically right from Hebrews where we were discussing why Jesus had to die earlier in THIS thread?

The point of all this is I've concluded that if you feel the NT is some kind of written conspiracy(s) to trick you, that the conspirators did a more than admirable job of addressing every vital doctrine and hundreds if not thousands of prophecies.

Did you know hyssop was used in ancient Babylonian ceremonies in celebration of the spring equinox?

Quote:At sundown on the eve of this full moon, they sacrificed their first-born lamb or goat, dipped a bunch of hyssop and bitter herbs in the blood, then daubed the doorposts of their homes.

Guess where the Jews derived their religious cult practices from.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 11:56 AM
(17-03-2015 09:19 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 10:32 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You know that hyssop is a plant and Jesus died upon a tree for us? You know that John 19 specifically mentions that when (other) prophecy was fulfilled, Jesus took sour wine from a sponge held on a hyssop branch? You know that the writer of Hebrews, anticipating your question, explains why Jesus didn't die in the temple area--specifically right from Hebrews where we were discussing why Jesus had to die earlier in THIS thread?

The point of all this is I've concluded that if you feel the NT is some kind of written conspiracy(s) to trick you, that the conspirators did a more than admirable job of addressing every vital doctrine and hundreds if not thousands of prophecies.

Did you know hyssop was used in ancient Babylonian ceremonies in celebration of the spring equinox?

Quote:At sundown on the eve of this full moon, they sacrificed their first-born lamb or goat, dipped a bunch of hyssop and bitter herbs in the blood, then daubed the doorposts of their homes.

I see. The article was not convincing and besides--where did the other six festivals and a fast come from? (Lev 23). Where did the Sabbath come from? Most people worked seven days before Sabbath laws were instituted. Of course, as an atheist, you should work Saturdays and Sundays and show you protest the Jewish and Christian Sabbaths.

Regardless, you skimmed right over my point that the type and shadow of Passover is not easily explained.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2015, 04:33 PM
(17-03-2015 11:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 09:19 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Did you know hyssop was used in ancient Babylonian ceremonies in celebration of the spring equinox?

I see. The article was not convincing and besides--where did the other six festivals and a fast come from? (Lev 23). Where did the Sabbath come from? Most people worked seven days before Sabbath laws were instituted. Of course, as an atheist, you should work Saturdays and Sundays and show you protest the Jewish and Christian Sabbaths.

Regardless, you skimmed right over my point that the type and shadow of Passover is not easily explained.

Your denials are not convincing, you are up to your eyebrows in your cult, but it's quite clear that the Hebrews did not receive their religious rituals from YHWH, they got them from Babylonian and Sumerian myth.

Origins of Judaism

The cult of Judaism holds no special place in religious development, it's just another religion derived from an earlier religion. YHWH is as real as Marduk, Enlil Enki or Chemosh.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
18-03-2015, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2015 05:22 AM by TheInquisition.)
(17-03-2015 11:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Regardless, you skimmed right over my point that the type and shadow of Passover is not easily explained.

The process of delusion, this "type and shadow" nonsense is simply another layer of delusion.

The bible writers use standard mythical and literary motifs in their stories. It's just like the "hero gets the girl" motif in movies. The firstborn get sacrificed, blood is needed to appease the gods, but many actually fall for this childish stunt and think it actually demonstrates some sort of biblical prophetic power, all they are doing is reusing cultural/religious motifs to tell a story.

I got to hand it to these myth makers though, they probably had an idea that people would fall for their nonsense long after their time. You're being played like a fiddle by the makers of myth, I have a really great bridge in Brooklyn if you're interested.

[Image: Apologist%20snakeoil_zps9mzgen61.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
18-03-2015, 09:59 AM
I see no refutations here, only sophistry. I'm open if you'd like to try again.

As Flaubert was wont to say, le bon Dieu est dans le detail (the good god is in the detail).

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
18-03-2015, 02:21 PM
(18-03-2015 09:59 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I see no refutations here, only sophistry. I'm open if you'd like to try again.

As Flaubert was wont to say, le bon Dieu est dans le detail (the good god is in the detail).

Is that you leaving Q? This thread smells better already.

[Image: 5926d01acd8fdaeb6fdd120dde46068b.jpg]

19-03-2015, 10:21 AM
(18-03-2015 02:21 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 09:59 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I see no refutations here, only sophistry. I'm open if you'd like to try again.

Is that you leaving Q? This thread smells better already.

Repeating, I'm open to discussion if you use logic, science, even the Bible, rather than sophistry.

19-03-2015, 10:22 AM
(19-03-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 02:21 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Is that you leaving Q? This thread smells better already.

Repeating, I'm open to discussion if you use logic, science, even the Bible, rather than sophistry.

You drown in irony when you accuse others of sophistry.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(19-03-2015 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Repeating, I'm open to discussion if you use logic, science, even the Bible, rather than sophistry.

You drown in irony when you accuse others of sophistry.

It would be ironical to drown in irony, yes, as you did when you AGAIN resorted to personal attacks, i.e. sophistry, instead of facts. No thank you. And yes, it is sophistry, that is, a fallacious argument, to accuse me of being less than sincere or learned.

20-03-2015, 03:36 PM
(20-03-2015 02:06 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 10:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  You drown in irony when you accuse others of sophistry.

It would be ironical to drown in irony, yes, as you did when you AGAIN resorted to personal attacks, i.e. sophistry, instead of facts. No thank you. And yes, it is sophistry, that is, a fallacious argument, to accuse me of being less than sincere or learned.

Are your feelings hurt little preacher man?

[Image: Tissue-Cry-baby.jpg]