Jesus has left the building

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Jesus has left the building

Stumbled over this cat whilst looking for "hot atheist" vids. The guy states he now accepts the historicity of Jesus, but this little series seems like good stuff. (Haven't finished watching it yet. Tongue )

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Jesus has left the building
After watching alla that stuff, I stumbled over to the dark side. Big Grin

Here's an apologetic link: http://www.tektonics.org/copycathub.html I agree with about nothing that JP gots to say, but he seems to have done the research. Thumbsup

13-07-2012, 07:32 AM
(13-07-2012 07:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  After watching alla that stuff, I stumbled over to the dark side. Big Grin

Here's an apologetic link: http://www.tektonics.org/copycathub.html I agree with about nothing that JP gots to say, but he seems to have done the research. Thumbsup

Poor Bucky. He does like to go on about the alleged myth stealing. Looks like he's going to have to find something else to rant about.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
13-07-2012, 08:45 AM
(13-07-2012 07:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Poor Bucky. He does like to go on about the alleged myth stealing. Looks like he's going to have to find something else to rant about.

He's a fundie. Can't stop a fundie. Big Grin

Nah. Even JP admits Horus has potential in said role. Horus looks good for numerous reasons, not the least of which is the Canaanite association with Egypt.

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Damn those pesky Caananites! Always interfering where they're not wanted!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-07-2012, 09:42 AM
That's an interesting site but while I'm no expert, a few of the Egyptian dates seem "stretched" and goings on seem based more on "lore" rather than archeological findings. It all seems oddly cherry picked. The odd language used addressing the Egyptians almost seems like a personal affront to their superiority... a strange insecurity, considering they're all dead. After reading all that... the rest of what this guy had to say just seemed laughable.

I understand he's trying to compare history to shit he's finding in the Bible and holy writings and that's cool. But it's not enough to just read a bit here and there to get the substance of history. If he would seriously go over the mass of Egyptian information we do have, written by people who were there, he'd find the difference between witnessed accounts and made up folklore.

But, I'm guessing factual accounts of the time are not what some people wish to convey when they just want to make a point. Kind of interesting that he's willing to go out on a limb and even acknowledge that there may be parallels between historical fact and myth. But then, he has no intention of acknowledging which might actually be myth.

Criminy - all that time doing all that research just to further shore up and perpetuate a myth. This fucker'll never get anywhere. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-07-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm pretty sure he just does it all to pick up bitches.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-07-2012, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 04:10 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-07-2012 07:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-07-2012 07:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
Poor Bucky. He does like to go on about the alleged myth stealing. Looks like he's going to have to find something else to rant about.
Bucky has never once "gone on" about even one of the mentioned myths ... not that he wouldn't if he had been smart enough to notice. Am just now looking into how much the Greeks knew about what the Sumerians were cooking up. He hasn't gotten to alla that other shit yet. The whole thing blows itself to smithereens, (a good name for a carbon molecule, no ?) without leaving the neighborhood. The Christians didn't need to go shopping. They kept and changed the Chaos myth into apple eating. Same myth, different/incorrect emPHAsis. No need for Jeebus, if there was no "fall". There wasn't. Paul and Augustine cooked up Original sin. Motivational speakers gotta make you think yer not motivated if yer gonna pay to listen again.

Bucky has briefly mentioned the fact that the Moses Javeh god, (the mountain/volcano god..Egyptian source), is NOT the same Yahweh, (god of the armies .. one of the 70 sons of El Elyon, from Edom).

Liar, liar pants on fire. Bucky ain't no fundie. I like operas.

He still is looking for bad news in the good news. They admit they'e tellin' ya the "good news", (only), from day 1. Not the news, not the bad news, not the good news and the bad news, just the good news. What do expect to find in THAT ?

Lots of good links and resourses in hoc's vid. . .. some things "ain't exactly so" .. (no Q source for Mark mentioned, and the original Mark did NOT end with *them* "running away" from Jeebus, , it ended with the empty tomb), but for Freshmen, it's good. Only done #1, be back, after the rest.

BTW, the entirety of present day Christianity is built on a misinterpretation of an ancient Choas myth. ( http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ic+orogins ). The Garden myth in Genesis is about Chaos and Order, NOT about sin and disobedience. See Martin Buber's "Good and Evil".
http://www.iep.utm.edu/buber/#SH2e , http://www.amazon.com/Good-Evil-Martin-B...0023162805

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-07-2012, 10:18 AM
(13-07-2012 09:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm pretty sure he just does it all to pick up bitches.
Smooth talker - no wonder the ladies love you. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Oops...Oh, Hey, Bucky...didn't see you standing there. Confused Blush

~Izel