Jesus historicity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Jesus historicity
(19-11-2014 10:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Because you're illiterate.

Considering your history here, you're not exactly one to be flinging around the term "illiterate", Mr. Doesn't-know-the-difference-between-illusion-and-allusion, now are you ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-11-2014, 03:53 PM
(19-11-2014 11:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Considering your history here, you're not exactly one to be flinging around the term "illiterate", Mr. Doesn't-know-the-difference-between-illusion-and-allusion, now are you ?

Said the man who doesn't know the difference between it's and its.
19-11-2014, 03:57 PM
(19-11-2014 03:53 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 11:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Considering your history here, you're not exactly one to be flinging around the term "illiterate", Mr. Doesn't-know-the-difference-between-illusion-and-allusion, now are you ?

Said the man who doesn't know the difference between it's and its.

It wasn't me that was going around calling others illiterate, (other than you) now was I, you *charitable* Christian buffoon.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Quote:So basically, Josephus was speaking of another so called Christ, who by coincidentally had a brother named James?

They were ALL Christoses you idiot. That's the point. Josephus the JEW didn't know shit about your stupid-ass godboy. The story had not been written at that time.

YOu do know that Y'shua was a very common name in the 1st century...I hope. Although given your general level of apologetic horseshit you probably think your boy was the only one.

Quote:whereas he ought to have said that the conspiracy against Jesus was the cause of these things happening to the people, since they killed the prophecied Christ, [E1] even says, being unwillingly not far from the truth, that these things befell the Jews as vengeance for James the just, who was a brother of Jesus who is called Christ,

Okay, to continue your education....silly though that task may be with such a flaming asswipe as yourself.... what you do not seem to grasp is that Josephus said no such thing. Careful reading of the section in question...something you are probably incapable of doing...shows that Josephus never says the sentence on James - he never calls him "Just" - was carried out.

I realize that a jesus freak moron like yourself cannot handle nuance but what Free and I are discussing is the likelihood that if anything resembling the TF had existed in Book XVIII that Origen would have ignored it and instead went for the absurd allegation that it was the death of this 'James' guy who which led to the destruction of the city.

Here is what Josephus says about the destruction of the city.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/josephus/works/files/war-5.htm

Quote:And now, "O must wretched city, what misery so great as this didst thou suffer from the Romans, when they came to purify thee from thy intestine hatred! 'For thou couldst be no longer a place fit for God, nor couldst thou long continue in being, after thou hadst been a sepulcher for the bodies of thy own people, and hadst made the holy house itself a burying-place in this civil war of thine. Yet mayst thou again grow better, if perchance thou wilt hereafter appease the anger of that God who is the author of thy destruction."

Ch 1: (3)

Josephus discussing the Zealots attacking the priests within the temple.

Try and get with the program. You might have to pull your head out of your ass to do so but you may find the air fresher.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-11-2014, 06:58 PM
(19-11-2014 04:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  They were ALL Christoses you idiot.

All Christoses with brother's named James? Or was it just an uncanny coincidence that this particular Christoses had a brother named James?

Quote:That's the point. Josephus the JEW didn't know shit about your stupid-ass godboy.

Other than of course in the passage in which he mentions the stoning of his brother, but we're just supposed to buy the dribble that this was another Christoses, who just so happened to have a brother named James, just like Jesus the stupid-ass godboy, and this was all just an unfortunate coincide for mythicist and the like.

Quote:YOu do know that Y'shua was a very common name in the 1st century...

Yes, there were just so many Y'shua floating around, who were believed to be the Messiah, who also had a brother named James. Right? It's all just a coincidence right? Why can't you just admit this, that you think this was all just an uncanny coincidence?

Quote:..shows that Josephus never says the sentence on James - he never calls him "Just" - was carried out.

It doesn't matter that he called him Just or not, or even if he misattributed certain events to him. The point is Oregin recognized that Josephus mentioned James as Jesus's brother. Oregin also viewed Jesus as having an actual brother named James, and so did Paul, who in fact met him.

So you want us to believe let me guess, that Paul didn't mean brother literally in reference to James, Josephus was talking of another Jesus, who was called Christ, who had a brother named James that was stone, and that what Oregin just mistakingly believed Jesus had a brother named James, and that Josephus also mentioned him?

And all this shit was just a serious of seemingly connected coincidences.

Is this the shit you're selling? Come on be clear about it.
21-11-2014, 03:32 AM
Debating the historicity of Jesus is a perpetual exercise of scouring the Internet locating your confirmation bias on the topic.

i think the most important question which needs to be asked here is, in this day and age is, does anyone here with intellectual honesty believe any man (Jesus or any others) has ever suspended or temporarily altered the laws of physics?

(This is not intended to high jack this thread. If everyone is really enjoying the mental gymnastics then you should continue.)
[+] 1 user Likes Luckyluciano's post
21-11-2014, 08:19 AM
(21-11-2014 03:32 AM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  (This is not intended to high jack this thread. If everyone is really enjoying the mental gymnastics then you should continue.)

Don't sweat it, this is a self-derailing trainwreck.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-11-2014, 10:05 AM
I don't really have a dog in this fight. I never will believe anyone ever had or ever will have supernatural abilities. That doesn't mean I won't accept it if the evidence is overwhelming and peer-reviewed, but until then, everything is natural. We are what we are.

As for Jesus, who the fuck cares? We can't do anything about it now, and no matter how hard we try to prove either side, the other side will have its counter. I see no problem with the guy existing, given the evidence, but the messiah-miracle crap has no evidence to support it, and that his story is nearly identical to so many other mythological messiahs makes it all the more impossible for me to swallow.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
21-11-2014, 12:00 PM
(21-11-2014 08:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 03:32 AM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  (This is not intended to high jack this thread. If everyone is really enjoying the mental gymnastics then you should continue.)

Don't sweat it, this is a self-derailing trainwreck.

Don't use that word... if you say it 3 times he will show up. Gladly Jesus has never responded to a call of that matter or else he would be extremely busy on Sundays.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-11-2014, 03:43 PM
If Jesus existed, it was the same way Santa Claus existed.

Yeah, there's a historical guy in there somewhere, but if you think he bears any resemblance to the legend that grew around him, it's long past time to grow up.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 2 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post