Jesus historicity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: Jesus historicity
(21-11-2014 12:00 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 08:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Don't sweat it, this is a self-derailing trainwreck.

Don't use that word... if you say it 3 times he will show up. Gladly Jesus has never responded to a call of that matter or else he would be extremely busy on Sundays.

TW is scarier than Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetl....

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2014, 04:55 PM
(21-11-2014 03:43 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  If Jesus existed, it was the same way Santa Claus existed.

Yeah, there's a historical guy in there somewhere, but if you think he bears any resemblance to the legend that grew around him, it's long past time to grow up.

It's amazing how powerful indoctrination is.
The Santa Clause myth is easily given up yet other supernatural myths are dearly carried to the grave with little questioning.
21-11-2014, 05:30 PM
My take on all this is simple.

The historical Jesus got his ass handed to him by the Romans, who strung him up on a couple of sticks and told him to go fuck himself.

The mythical Jesus can blow me.

Pizza anyone?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like Free's post
21-11-2014, 10:42 PM
(21-11-2014 05:30 PM)Free Wrote:  My take on all this is simple.

The historical Jesus got his ass handed to him by the Romans, who strung him up on a couple of sticks and told him to go fuck himself.

Pizza anyone?

Such language. Such attitude. Everyone has been here longer than me therefore has squatting rights but I find vulgarity offensive and distasteful. Is it really necessary to communicate in this way. Seth Andrews level of communication is on a higher wavelength rather than what is often expressed here so why is this forum not following in his form.
Are there no moderators.
21-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Read the forum rules. This is a forum, not a censor board.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
21-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Quote:So you want us to believe let me guess, that Paul didn't mean brother literally in reference to James,

Hate to be the one to break it to you but 'paul' is as phony as your jesus shit.

Paul seems to have been an invention of Marcion c 140. At least, he does not appear in xtian writings until after 160. Justyn Martyr never heard of paul.... although he did hear of Marcion. I'm sure these facts would never trouble your little fundie mind. That's okay. Leave the heavy thinking to others.

You go pray to your jesus thingy. Enjoy yourself.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
21-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Quote:Yeah, there's a historical guy in there somewhere

Really? Must there also have been a "historical" Osiris, or Thor, or Quetzlcoatl, or Shiva, or Marduk, etc? Myth is a powerful force in human imagination. The insistence that all other myths are simply myths but 'jesus' must have had a real person behind it is little more than special pleading.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
22-11-2014, 12:54 AM
(21-11-2014 10:42 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  
(21-11-2014 05:30 PM)Free Wrote:  My take on all this is simple.

Pizza anyone?

Such language. Such attitude. Everyone has been here longer than me therefore has squatting rights but I find vulgarity offensive and distasteful. Is it really necessary to communicate in this way. Seth Andrews level of communication is on a higher wavelength rather than what is often expressed here so why is this forum not following in his form.
Are there no moderators.
A) Bollocks to squatting rights. Precidence doesn't mean shit.
B) How Seth "Cunting" Andrews talks doesn't really mean anything unless it's been codified as part of the forums rules of conduct.
C) My left nut says that swearing is exactly as valid a method of self expression as any other fucking thing.
D) Only some of that matters. You are somewhat justified in asking that people restrict their vocabulary if you feel it offends you. So long as you don't take issue with it's use as emphasis rather than a piece of common expression. Politely request "clean" language as part of an OP and I think you'll probably get it.

Sure. I'd love a pizza.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
22-11-2014, 04:51 AM
(21-11-2014 11:00 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Yeah, there's a historical guy in there somewhere

Really? Must there also have been a "historical" Osiris, or Thor, or Quetzlcoatl, or Shiva, or Marduk, etc? Myth is a powerful force in human imagination. The insistence that all other myths are simply myths but 'jesus' must have had a real person behind it is little more than special pleading.

There is near unanimity among scholars that Jesus existed historically......

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
22-11-2014, 05:08 AM
(21-11-2014 10:53 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Read the forum rules. This is a forum, not a censor board.

Can't help but wonder how many potential quality posters must stay away because of the lack of self-censorship when it comes to choice of language and character attacks and the appeal to emotion rather than intellect under the guise of self expression and freedom of speech.