Jesus historicity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 07:47 PM
RE: Jesus historicity
(22-11-2014 06:40 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  "The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low that every person of sense and character detests and despises it." -George Washington

"Such as thy words are, such will thine affections be esteemed; and such as thine affections, will be thy deeds; and such as thy deeds will be thy life/Socrates

In the greater scheme of things, notwithstanding specific elements otherwise uncommon, there stands an abyss of incompatibility whereas the differential- subsequently referred to as normalcy- can often explicitly create a digression in which the following should be adhered to:

Fuckoff.

Thank you and have a pleasant stay at TTA.

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2014, 08:04 PM
(22-11-2014 06:40 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  "The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low that every person of sense and character detests and despises it." -George Washington

"Such as thy words are, such will thine affections be esteemed; and such as thine affections, will be thy deeds; and such as thy deeds will be thy life/Socrates

Thank you Church Lady. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-11-2014, 10:41 PM
(22-11-2014 07:47 PM)Free Wrote:  

In the greater scheme of things, notwithstanding specific elements otherwise uncommon, there stands an abyss of incompatibility whereas the differential- subsequently referred to as normalcy- can often explicitly create a digression in which the following should be adhered to:

Fuckoff.

Drinking Beverage

So many great quotes I can use to respond to this. Was actually hard to decide. I chose this one......

"A single profane expression betrays a [person's] low breeding." -Joseph Cook

My sentiments are in good company
22-11-2014, 10:45 PM
(22-11-2014 10:41 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 07:47 PM)Free Wrote:  In the greater scheme of things, notwithstanding specific elements otherwise uncommon, there stands an abyss of incompatibility whereas the differential- subsequently referred to as normalcy- can often explicitly create a digression in which the following should be adhered to:

Fuckoff.

Drinking Beverage

So many great quotes I can use to respond to this. Was actually hard to decide. I chose this one......

So now that you've established that you're a snob, and think you're "better bred" that everyone else, maybe you could stop all the deflection, posturing, and actually address the POINT you've been trying to evade. Your assertion about "historicity" is not supported by any evidence.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-11-2014, 10:46 PM
(22-11-2014 08:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Thank you Church Lady. Thumbsup

I'm not a lady nor do I attend church but thanks for the thumbs up.
22-11-2014, 10:59 PM
(22-11-2014 10:41 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 07:47 PM)Free Wrote:  In the greater scheme of things, notwithstanding specific elements otherwise uncommon, there stands an abyss of incompatibility whereas the differential- subsequently referred to as normalcy- can often explicitly create a digression in which the following should be adhered to:

Fuckoff.

Drinking Beverage

Censorship feeds the dirty mind more than the four-letter word itself.
~Dick Cavett

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-11-2014, 11:09 PM
This is an atheist forum, right? I hate it when people use quotes to make a point; it just tells me you can't come up with something original or you can't think for yourself.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2014, 11:11 PM
(22-11-2014 10:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 10:41 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  So many great quotes I can use to respond to this. Was actually hard to decide. I chose this one......

So now that you've established that you're a snob, and think you're "better bred" that everyone else, maybe you could stop all the deflection, posturing, and actually address the POINT you've been trying to evade. Your assertion about "historicity" is not supported by any evidence.

I simply said there is near unanimity amongst scholars and attached a link with some evidence. (Although you say I hadn't provided any). You stated the problem is that these same scholars are religious therefore they suffer some bias.
I didn't respnd as I do not know that to be true or false. Perhaps it's you that should provide some evidence for your interesting assertion.

I tend to give the scholars some credit for their craft in that they know what confirmation bias is although I'm fully aware of how powerful indoctrination can be.

This does not mean I believe Jesus walked on water or that I believe in a God. Quite the contrary.

Show us some evidence that the majority of scholars are Christians and suffer confirmation bias in their profession. That's interesting.
22-11-2014, 11:19 PM
(22-11-2014 10:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 10:41 PM)Luckyluciano Wrote:  So many great quotes I can use to respond to this. Was actually hard to decide. I chose this one......

Censorship feeds the dirty mind more than the four-letter word itself.
~Dick Cavett

You can call it censorship, I'll call it having respect for others. My wife was reading this thread along with me in the beginning until she witnessed the attacks and profanity and immediately was no longer interested.
22-11-2014, 11:29 PM
(22-11-2014 11:09 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  This is an atheist forum, right? I hate it when people use quotes to make a point; it just tells me you can't come up with something original or you can't think for yourself.

Yes right, this is an atheist forum. Too bad you hate it when people use quotes. You must cringe every time someone posts a link as supposed evidence to prove their point. Does that mean they are not original and can't think for themselves? I don't see much of a difference with what I did really. I'm just proviiding evidence others dislike locker room style profanity as I do.