Jesus in India

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Jesus in India
Did anyone hear about the theories that Jesus lived in India between 14 and 29?

I just saw two documentaries that where very interesting. I thought I would share.
First one: Jesus was a Buddhist Monk
Most of the time they play with different theories > all about the possibility that Jesus might not have died on the cross. What happened if he didn't die in the first place, how did he recover in that case, where did he go, and what happened there (wherever). Also with a look on the apostles, on what is written in the bible and in other parts of the world.
They close with the idea that Jesus might have gone east, to India, and lived and died there. They even found a popular grave that would make sense inside this theory.

Second one: Jesus in India
The guy in this documentary goes very deep into the topic of Jesus having spent a long time in India. Going there when he was 14 and returning when he was 29. So then he wanted to teach what he had learned in India. Having some scriptures and even gospels of Mary Magdalene and Mark (?).

Over all I find this very interesting because as unlogical as it sounds first it is actually not so far fetched. It could have happened that way (assuming for the argument that Jesus did exist in the first place).

The key arguments from both documentaries that count heavy for this having happened like shown are:
# You wouldn't die within 3 - 6 hours on the cross (so said in the gospels), it takes a few days unless you break the persons legs so they can't support the weight anymore and sufficate because in that case breathing becomes incredibly difficult. But nowhere does it say that his legs have been broken.
# Jesus might have fallen into a coma or so which would have looked like he is dead because he wouldn't respond to anything around him. And in the tomb he woke up (with or without help? Someone actually brought herbs into the tomb and they where, as far as the documentary goes, healing herbs and not cleaning or so),
# If he recovered well enough to leave, where would he have gone? Not everywhere would have been save. So taking a ship that is returning home to the east (India) after delivering conduments, would have been possible.
# The missing years of his life would make sense, too. If we assume that he went to India when he was 14 (when other boys would get married) and coming back when he was 29 to teach what he learned in India. (and later returning)
# A grave of a person in India whos story fits that theory. Buried in a grave facing the way jews would been buried (north south?) in a not jewish area. With foot prints on the stone that has marks where a nail would have been. In the same place someone else was buried facing west-east (?) as usual for the religion in the area.

Ok I hope I didn't mix anything up.
For more details please watch the videos.

Any thoughts, ideas, support, counter arguments?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2012, 02:22 PM
RE: Jesus in India
Although I haven't seen the documentary you refer to, the theory is one I've heard before. My impression is there really isn't any solid reason to think it ever happened. Well, granted, there really isn't any solid reason to think there was a real human being that we call Jesus, but there is even less reason to think he ventured off to India. If there was a real Jewish Jesus, born of Jewish parents, how likely is it really that they would have traveled so far outside their own little province, let alone outside the Roman Empire. To what end?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
26-02-2012, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 09:24 PM by Thomas.)
One theory exists that the Romans would have never killed a high ranking Rabbi in a public execution.

As it goes, high ranking people were often convicted and sentenced to death, then allowed to easily escape as long as they left town in a hurry. This may explain the sightings of a resurrected Jesus, but it could all have been just made up.

He also supposedly said that he would return in the lifetime of his disciples. He did not, but could have thought that he would if he was just exiled.

Just speculation though...

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
26-02-2012, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 09:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-02-2012 12:07 PM)Leela Wrote:  # You wouldn't die within 3 - 6 hours on the cross (so said in the gospels), it takes a few days unless you break the persons legs so they can't support the weight anymore and sufficate because in that case breathing becomes incredibly difficult.

Or we could just stick him with a spear to the liver. ... That oughtta do it.

I've been looking at these fuckers for a while now, I'm interested in your read.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-02-2012, 01:59 PM
"dedicated to asceticism, voluntary poverty, daily immersion, and abstinence from worldly pleasures, including (for some groups) celibacy. "
sounds like buddha was a essenes Big Grin haha

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user