Jesus is every-fking-where!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: Jesus is every-fking-where!
Jesus is everywhere because he is omnipresent. Sorry I couldn't resist!!! Tongue

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
06-10-2015, 07:22 PM
...so is Elvis! Cool

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
06-10-2015, 07:28 PM
Are the "blow jesus out your ass" types extremists? or am I just being overly sensitive?

The "blow jesus out your ass" types are mild compared to those who say if you are not saved by being born again you will go to hell.

izzi
06-10-2015, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 07:43 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
It depends on how die-hard the religious people in question are. If they try to force their religion in any way (for instance if they believe in eternal punishment) then they're worthy of ridicule. If they don't, they're mostly harmless and wouldn't bother with them.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
06-10-2015, 07:51 PM
(06-10-2015 04:37 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Good luck and enjoy your time here.

I have been and will continue to, thanks.

I feel a little differently about it than I did the other night. I was in a bit of a funk. I see your points about Americans having a largely different perspective than that of other's living in areas with fewer xtians and also the persistence of irrational people that have a tendency to congregate here.

I had a lengthy (long for me anyway) talk with a young earth creationist today in person and I started to get pretty aggravated with him! I kept my cool and made my arguments and listened to his bullshit, but I'll do better avoiding him in the future.
[+] 1 user Likes mediocrates's post
07-10-2015, 05:27 AM
We get the crazies on this forum all the time, we also get the annoying preachers that come uninvited to this forum to push their version of garbage, it gets very tiresome. Here's a thread with the troll Godexists:

The Godexists Library of Ignorance and Incredulity

He's worn out his welcome with his spamming walls of text that have been debunked and torn apart on this forum, now he needs a banhammer -looong overdue!

It's not that we're mean, we're set upon by these asshats and we've run out of patience with all of them.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
07-10-2015, 05:33 AM
(07-10-2015 05:27 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  We get the crazies on this forum all the time, we also get the annoying preachers that come uninvited to this forum to push their version of garbage, it gets very tiresome. Here's a thread with the troll Godexists:

He's worn out his welcome with his spamming walls of text that have been debunked and torn apart on this forum, now he needs a banhammer -looong overdue!

It's not that we're mean, we're set upon by these asshats and we've run out of patience with all of them.

This is true. In fact many wore out their welcome LONG ago and for some reason are still allowed to post. To say it irks many of us is a major understatement.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-10-2015, 06:12 AM
(07-10-2015 05:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 05:27 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  We get the crazies on this forum all the time, we also get the annoying preachers that come uninvited to this forum to push their version of garbage, it gets very tiresome. Here's a thread with the troll Godexists:

This is true. In fact many wore out their welcome LONG ago and for some reason are still allowed to post. To say it irks many of us is a major understatement.

^^^THIS! It's gotten to the point where if certain theists try to jump in on a thread I started, I will just plainly tell them to fuck off because I really don't have the patience for their bullshit anymore and nothing productive will come of it.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
07-10-2015, 09:37 AM

I've wondered why this hasn't happened yet either. It was the crux of why Rocketsurgeon left.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
07-10-2015, 10:33 AM
It depends on the tone of the theist. I love civil, intelligent, intellectual discourse with someone of opposing or different views, it is how we grow as humans. Sadly there isn't much of that around. Those who feel strong enough about their religious views to join an atheist forum are usually "looking for a fight" and come across that way. Their opening post will be something along the lines of "looking for an atheist to debate"...or "atheists are going to hell"...etc...then their post will be the usual ignorant vitriol common from those types of people.

We do have some civil and intelligent theists here, and I enjoy reading their posts and interacting with them.

I must admit I also enjoy dragging a loud and obnoxious theist around the school yard while beating him/her with the knowledge stick. Unsure That isnt done in hopes of deconverting him/her as the odds of them being open minded enough to contemplate opposing information is slim and none.

The reason I even bother to debate is I don't do it hoping to convince the guy or girl I am debating, because again, if they feel strongly enough to debate, they arent usually looking to change teams...I do it for those that watch the debate who are perhaps on the fence, dealing with some inner doubt...and maybe a few of them get a seed planted in their mind that will prompt them to do some research, think about a theory, perhaps something I said strikes their fancy....you know spark some individual thought...and they go on and learn and dig into the dogma...and then turn away from the delusion once they find out it is all fiction, forgery and fantasy...and if just one person does that then it is all worthwhile...and it is.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post