Jesus is every-fking-where!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: Jesus is every-fking-where!
(07-10-2015 10:33 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The reason I even bother to debate is I don't do it hoping to convince the guy or girl I am debating, because again, if they feel strongly enough to debate, they arent usually looking to change teams...I do it for those that watch the debate who are perhaps on the fence, dealing with some inner doubt...

This kind of brings me back to my original point. Retaliating with angry words and insults would appear to be the death throws of a person hopelessly losing a debate to the casual, fence-riding, observer.

I've come to realize that everyone deals with the ridiculousness differently. Some want to beat it with a stick, others want to disprove it, and still others want to understand the mental illness that causes so many to reject irrefutable evidence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mediocrates's post
07-10-2015, 11:26 AM
(07-10-2015 11:12 AM)mediocrates Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 10:33 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The reason I even bother to debate is I don't do it hoping to convince the guy or girl I am debating, because again, if they feel strongly enough to debate, they arent usually looking to change teams...I do it for those that watch the debate who are perhaps on the fence, dealing with some inner doubt...

This kind of brings me back to my original point. Retaliating with angry words and insults would appear to be the death throws of a person hopelessly losing a debate to the casual, fence-riding, observer.

I've come to realize that everyone deals with the ridiculousness differently. Some want to beat it with a stick, others want to disprove it, and still others want to understand the mental illness that causes so many to reject irrefutable evidence.

All true Big Grin

I don't usually throw insults around. I prefer to beat them soundly with their own "holy books"...dismantling them is child's play. Those that see me state things like "no one who ever wrote of jesus knew him"...say to themselves no way...then when I lay out the facts the big seeds of doubt begin to be sown as they realize oh shit....its true. Then they go off and validate the information themselves (usually I provide citations from christian scholarly works) and find out it is legit..and the journey down the path to freedom from the blindfold of faith begins...

further helped along by the hollowness of the theists arguments which I eviscerate to great detail. So seeing how empty and fact less their position is, and seeing the empirical evidence that supports my position does great things for exposing those on the fence to reality versus fiction, evidence versus misinformation.

anyway...blah blah blah

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
22-02-2016, 11:40 PM
You see it all day, every day, over and over and over. My facebook wall is full of people praising Jebus 24/7 and spouting off about dem dar evil gays and this nation is a christian nation and blah blah blah, it's all over. And yet they cry about their being a war on Christians. It's laughable.

Let the music be your master, will you heed the Master's call?