Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
(10-12-2015 07:08 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  [Image: c53bbb4801207522932520b30da51dcb.jpg]

Anyone remember this guy?
*lick*lick*lick*lick*
Nothin'.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
10-12-2015, 07:32 PM
(10-12-2015 01:17 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... wait, WHAT?

That can't be right.

That CAN'T be right.

Christmas music is an annual attempt to recreate the antiquated childhood memories of baby boomers. It is NOT snappy!

(I made the mistake of walking into a store between Thanksgiving and Christmas yesterday. The horror.)

I am so thankful that I don't have to work retail and listen to that crap from Halloween through New Year's Day. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-12-2015, 09:00 PM
I want one of these for my truck.

[Image: 16353b662bb25a520fb617f5aae4d39b.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
10-12-2015, 09:44 PM
(10-12-2015 07:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 04:53 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Ugh. Yeah, it's secular, but it's still ugh. Name two popular Christmas songs that were written less than forty years ago. The entire genre is stale, stagnant, and monotonous.... especially when you play it over store intercoms for 10 hours straight with no break at all.

Silent Night and O Holy Night. Do I win?

Written in 1818 and 1847, respectively. No, sir, you do not.

(10-12-2015 07:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 01:17 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... wait, WHAT?

That can't be right.

That CAN'T be right.

Christmas music is an annual attempt to recreate the antiquated childhood memories of baby boomers. It is NOT snappy!

(I made the mistake of walking into a store between Thanksgiving and Christmas yesterday. The horror.)

I am so thankful that I don't have to work retail and listen to that crap from Halloween through New Year's Day. Tongue

*twitch*

*twitch*

So this hypothetical retail employer. Would it by any chance stock things that can be employed violently as weapons? Gardening tools? Appliances? Neckties? Powdered creamer?
10-12-2015, 10:09 PM
(10-12-2015 09:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I want one of these for my truck.

[Image: 16353b662bb25a520fb617f5aae4d39b.jpg]

I'm stealing that. It'll be on my Christmas cards this year. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-12-2015, 12:56 AM
O Holy Night is still one of my favorite songs. Seasonal or otherwise.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-12-2015, 08:57 AM
(10-12-2015 01:17 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Christmas music is an annual attempt to recreate the antiquated childhood memories of baby boomers. It is NOT snappy!

You read XKCD, too? Wink
11-12-2015, 09:48 AM
(10-12-2015 05:29 PM)kim Wrote:  Don't know about "popular" but I alwayss liked this one ...

Yeah, I love Sarah Silverman and this song is pretty snappy too. But I've got young children who I like to dance and sing with. I don't think these lyrics are quite appropriate for their innocent little ears to hear. Laugh out load

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
11-12-2015, 09:54 AM
(11-12-2015 12:56 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  O Holy Night is still one of my favorite songs. Seasonal or otherwise.

I've always liked this song too. Ranks up there with Ave Maria as one of the religious songs I still like.

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper
[+] 2 users Like mgoering's post
11-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Saturnalia is the best....

We own 4 Saturn SC2's....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.