Jesus isn't coming back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 12:32 PM
RE: Jesus isn't coming back
great video!
Christians have been saying he is coming back "any day now", or that the "end times are Nigh" for over 1500 years.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
06-04-2017, 12:32 PM
(06-04-2017 12:05 PM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 11:57 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I've always thought a pretty clear reading of the Bible indicated Jesus was supposed to return relatively soon after he left the first time.

That's my point. Jesus talks about coming back like he's going to happen really soon (within the apostles own life time). It didn't happen.

Yet people keep waiting and predicting.

The transfiguration excuse makes no sense either, because like you pointed out, it happened like a week later. Saying some of them will still be alive a week later isn't even close to any kind of declaration. That's like me telling everyone at work "some here won't taste death before the start of football season."
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
06-04-2017, 12:34 PM
(06-04-2017 12:32 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 12:05 PM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  That's my point. Jesus talks about coming back like he's going to happen really soon (within the apostles own life time). It didn't happen.

Yet people keep waiting and predicting.

The transfiguration excuse makes no sense either, because like you pointed out, it happened like a week later. Saying some of them will still be alive a week later isn't even close to any kind of declaration. That's like me telling everyone at work "some here won't taste death before the start of football season."

hahahahaha... nice. And yes, you're exactly right! Bingo!

Haha, some of you here will not taste death before you taste some bad ass pizza

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD1ljs...6B_gsP7J9g
[+] 1 user Likes OutLoudAtheist's post
06-04-2017, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 08:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
They were all "apocalyptics", and they all got it way wrong.They expected the end-times at any moment. Paul also thought the end-times were coming (very) soon, which is why he said people should not marry, and had to justify what happened to people "who had already fallen asleep in the Lord". When the temple was destroyed, they were sure it was about to happen. Then in the bar Kochba revolt (132), Jerusalem was sacked and destroyed, they could not figure out what the hell was going on, when it STILL didn't happen. It's one of the main reasons we have Christianity as we know it. Everything had to be re-thought in terms of a permanent religion that originally thought it was about to be irrelevant.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-04-2017, 12:48 PM
(06-04-2017 12:34 PM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 12:32 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  The transfiguration excuse makes no sense either, because like you pointed out, it happened like a week later. Saying some of them will still be alive a week later isn't even close to any kind of declaration. That's like me telling everyone at work "some here won't taste death before the start of football season."

hahahahaha... nice. And yes, you're exactly right! Bingo!

Haha, some of you here will not taste death before you taste some bad ass pizza

I make pizza for a living. But, its good pizza.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
06-04-2017, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 02:06 PM by Thoreauvian.)
Jesus isn't coming back? You ruined the ending!

You should have said, "Spoiler alert!"

Gasp
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
06-04-2017, 01:40 PM
(06-04-2017 01:18 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Jesus isn't coming back? You ruined the ending.

You should have said, "Spoiler alert!"

Gasp

hahahaha well played.. Damn... other people always come up with the good ideas.

lol this reminds me of conversations I have with my wife. Sometimes she thinks I said something that is really funny. Turns out I didn't say what she thought I said and what I actually said was completely not funny. Then I ask her "Why didn't you give me that idea before I said it!"

My YouTube channel:
[+] 2 users Like OutLoudAtheist's post
06-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Jesus, if he existed, is dead dead dead dead dead dead dead.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Yup.

[Image: 32968410.jpg]

He's diddly-do-da-dead.

Dead, dead, dead.

And he isn't coming back

Why?

Because he's dead!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-04-2017, 01:53 PM
(06-04-2017 01:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Jesus, if he existed, is dead dead dead dead dead dead dead.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Yup.

[Image: 32968410.jpg]

He's diddly-do-da-dead.

Dead, dead, dead.

And he isn't coming back

Why?

Because he's dead!

hahaha... this reminds me of a Simpsons episode where the kids are crying "he's already dead!"

My YouTube channel:
[+] 2 users Like OutLoudAtheist's post
06-04-2017, 02:23 PM
What no one has realized yet is that Jesus came back last week, plopped down in Syria. Assad with the help of the Russians gassed him. Drinking Beverage

He wasn't long for this world...again.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post