Jesus isn't coming back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2017, 03:25 AM
RE: Jesus isn't coming back
(07-04-2017 03:09 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  There was a short film I watched a few years back, on the subject of Jesus returning.

He returned, at random, in modern day London, and walked into the first pub he saw to announce his return. This was a real working class pub, and nobody really cared he was there. He performs miracles, (turning water into wine), but nobody believes it to be true, and eventually a big fight breaks out. As the turmoil heats up, as it tends to do in low end British pubs, (tables are broken/windows smashed, people knocked out), Jesus just walks back outside and re-ascends to heaven, thinking it's not worth it.

I think it was supposed to be a religious thing, as if "see what would happen", but I do agree that IF (and or course it isn't going to happen) but IF that were to happen, he probably would get totally ignored as a crazy person, and just disappear again.

That's funny, cause it works under the same restrictions and limited imagination that the bronze age goat herders did.

All of us could devise a more undeniable show of the divine, but the writers of the Old and New Testaments thought that talking animals and curing lepers was really hot shit. They've been upstaged by Disney movies and modern medicine. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2017, 03:38 AM
Despite being an atheist, I would LOVE for it to be true, the whole Jesus coming back thing. Mainly as to get recognised by anybody, he'd basically have to become a celebrity. I think Family Guy did a commentary on that type of deal, but it's true really.

I think Jesus being on some sort of American Talk show would be hilarious XD

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
07-04-2017, 03:47 AM
(07-04-2017 03:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Despite being an atheist, I would LOVE for it to be true, the whole Jesus coming back thing. Mainly as to get recognised by anybody, he'd basically have to become a celebrity. I think Family Guy did a commentary on that type of deal, but it's true really.

Jesus on Instagram.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-04-2017, 03:51 AM
(07-04-2017 03:47 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 03:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Despite being an atheist, I would LOVE for it to be true, the whole Jesus coming back thing. Mainly as to get recognised by anybody, he'd basically have to become a celebrity. I think Family Guy did a commentary on that type of deal, but it's true really.

Jesus on Instagram.

[His post on Instagram, generic selfie of him flexing] Hey guys it's my birthday which can only mean one thing! Happy Christmas! #J-Christ #WorldHideAndSeekChampion #CheckOutTheHolyGuns

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
07-04-2017, 06:01 AM
(06-04-2017 10:51 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Mr. Christ has been attempting to return all over the world almost daily for hundreds of years but keeps getting digested by Catholics who swallow instead of spit.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP