Jesus loves the little atheists, All the atheists of the world.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 03:41 AM
RE: Jesus loves the little atheists, All the atheists of the world.
(23-05-2013 08:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So you're telling me they're gonna send me to heaven whether I want to or not?

Who are the "they" you propose will send you to heaven?

(23-05-2013 08:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I knew god was a prick.

So you've been acquainted with God, huh?

(23-05-2013 09:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Who wants to feel like you're obligated to go to the wife's office party and make uncomfortable chit-chat with complete strangers?

Do you presume to know how you will feel after death?

(23-05-2013 10:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  As Bucky says, the Vatican has always been all about power. Power over the plebs.

Hence the threats of hell and promises of heaven.

Are you implying not a single person in the Vatican can sincerely believe in Hell and Heaven?

(23-05-2013 11:34 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  If he thinks I'm willingly going to spend eternity with child molesters and Nazi's, or at least share the same Blood with them he can stick that dildo hat up his own ass.

As far as I can tell, he said nothing about you particularly, and said nothing he believed was a matter of any human's willingness.

(24-05-2013 12:01 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The only thing more unreasonable than committing suicide and going to more Hell...

Hmmm...I didn't realize existence could be unreasonable (or reasonable)...

(24-05-2013 12:01 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  ...Committing suicide and going to Heaven with all the pricks you were trying to get away from in the first place.

...let alone that we can predict its post-death reason/unreason.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 05:23 AM
(24-05-2013 03:41 AM)fat cat Wrote:  
(23-05-2013 08:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So you're telling me they're gonna send me to heaven whether I want to or not?

(23-05-2013 09:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Who wants to feel like you're obligated to go to the wife's office party and make uncomfortable chit-chat with complete strangers?

(23-05-2013 10:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  As Bucky says, the Vatican has always been all about power. Power over the plebs.

Are you implying not a single person in the Vatican can sincerely believe in Hell and Heaven?

(23-05-2013 11:34 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  If he thinks I'm willingly going to spend eternity with child molesters and Nazi's, or at least share the same Blood with them he can stick that dildo hat up his own ass.

As far as I can tell, he said nothing about you particularly, and said nothing he believed was a matter of any human's willingness.

(24-05-2013 12:01 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The only thing more unreasonable than committing suicide and going to more Hell...

(24-05-2013 12:01 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  ...Committing suicide and going to Heaven with all the pricks you were trying to get away from in the first place.

I'm going to go out on a limb here I say that all the quotes you replied to were made tongue-in-cheek...just saying Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
24-05-2013, 05:27 AM
(24-05-2013 03:41 AM)fat cat Wrote:  

Re
"Are you implying not a single person in the Vatican can sincerely believe in Hell and Heaven?"

I don't know what each and every individual thinks. Neither do you. I do know that the Vatican is a filthy rich corporation that has a vested interest in keeping the commoners believing in heaven and hell. They will play lip service to this nonsense, and it is nonsense, as long as it keeps the cash registers ticking over. Do you believe in heaven and hell?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2013, 02:02 PM
(24-05-2013 05:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 03:41 AM)fat cat Wrote:  Who are the "they" you propose will send you to heaven?

I'm going to go out on a limb here I say that all the quotes you replied to were made tongue-in-cheek...just saying Drinking Beverage

Those with a boner for uber-philosophy tend to live with their heads in the clouds. Everything must be picked apart and examined on a deeper level. Or something goofy like that. Rolleyes

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
24-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:So you've been acquainted with God, huh?

I dare say as much as anyone else has. I've read enough of the bible to stand by my assertion.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
25-05-2013, 04:58 AM
(24-05-2013 05:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I'm going to go out on a limb here I say that all the quotes you replied to were made tongue-in-cheek...just saying Drinking Beverage

Believe it or not, that's also the limb I went out on upon reading those quotes.

(24-05-2013 05:27 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I don't know what each and every individual thinks. Neither do you. I do know that the Vatican is a filthy rich corporation that has a vested interest in keeping the commoners believing in heaven and hell. They will play lip service to this nonsense, and it is nonsense, as long as it keeps the cash registers ticking over. Do you believe in heaven and hell?

No, I do not believe in heaven and hell, and nor was I under the impression I know what anybody but myself thinks. While I am unwilling to believe any of the Vatican is sincere, I was just in disagreement with generalizing the Vatican.

(24-05-2013 02:02 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Those with a boner for uber-philosophy tend to live with their heads in the clouds. Everything must be picked apart and examined on a deeper level. Or something goofy like that. Rolleyes

Are you implying I am such a person?

(24-05-2013 02:33 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:So you've been acquainted with God, huh?

I dare say as much as anyone else has. I've read enough of the bible to stand by my assertion.

That's basically what I was disagreeing with. Under the impression you are an atheist, I assumed you were characterizing God on the basis of the Bible and things people have declared about God, while you yourself didn't believe any of it, in order to mock theistic beliefs. I disagree with such behavior, because while it may be harmlessly funny to you and other atheists who also have had such one-sided views on God, many theists may in response become defensive and more likely to hold onto their beliefs.

I'm basically of the perspective that after centuries of religious folks condemning and shunning non-believers, I think we can regard them with a more accepting and inclusive consciousness in an attempt to break down the behaviors which perpetuate lofty faithful notions.
25-05-2013, 08:55 AM
It makes me wonder if [perhaps] some of the higher ups in the Catholic church actually are aware of all the issues with their own bible, accepted history, and what may actually be reality. Therefore, maybe this new Pope is saying this because there is a hidden secret, . . . but still a need to keep a "status quo" for the rest.

Just a thought.
25-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote: while you yourself didn't believe any of it, in order to mock theistic beliefs. I disagree with such behavior

I'll see you in hell...Angry

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Apparently, we're still going to Hell.

http://www.examiner.com/article/vatican-...ng-to-hell
25-05-2013, 03:54 PM
It seems like his "I'll see you there" quote was referring to "I'll see you doing good work while I do good work", rather than "I'll see you in heaven".

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.