Jesus loves the little atheists, All the atheists of the world.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Jesus loves the little atheists, All the atheists of the world.
(25-05-2013 03:34 PM)Vlad Wrote:  Apparently, we're still going to Hell.

http://www.examiner.com/article/vatican-...ng-to-hell

Oh thank God. phew ... [Image: phew-1.gif]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-05-2013, 05:06 PM
I was worried. I really want to still make it to the party. I know all the best will be there! Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
25-05-2013, 06:08 PM
All the good rock musicians and many scientists will be in hell, so I'm relieved.

Godless in the Magnolia State
27-05-2013, 10:27 PM
(25-05-2013 09:58 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote: while you yourself didn't believe any of it, in order to mock theistic beliefs. I disagree with such behavior

I'll see you in hell...Angry

Can you expound on your sentiment, please?
27-05-2013, 11:53 PM
(27-05-2013 10:27 PM)fat cat Wrote:  
(25-05-2013 09:58 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'll see you in hell...Angry

Can you expound on your sentiment, please?

I'd be glad to.

I don't believe in hell, I'm making an assumption that you don't either. Therefore expounding upon my sentiment, I'm making a fucking joke. I find it rather sad that I had to explain it to you. If you'd like to save the world by being the perfect atheist then I commend your effort, but maybe I'm not a savvy soldier in your army. I came to this forum under the assumption that my way of thinking and my humor might be well received and reciprocated. So far I have found it to be satisfactory, until you showed up and pissed in my cheerios. Now I have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a whole new way of living my life because you don't happen to approve of my sense of humor? Grow a sac.

Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-05-2013, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 12:57 AM by fat cat.)
(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I don't believe in hell, I'm making an assumption that you don't either. Therefore expounding upon my sentiment, I'm making a fucking joke.

Thanks for explaining. I asked, because going by your emoticon, I thought you were expressing frustration.

(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I find it rather sad that I had to explain it to you.

And I'm disappointed you anthropomorphized the situation rather than tell me how you feel because of what you assume about me. Smile

(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you'd like to save the world by being the perfect atheist then I commend your effort, but maybe I'm not a savvy soldier in your army.

I am not an atheist. "Perfection" is not a term I apply to anything. I am not forming an army. If I was forming an army, it would be a voluntary army, and I would not at all mind you not wanting to be part of it.

(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I came to this forum under the assumption that my way of thinking and my humor might be well received and reciprocated. So far I have found it to be satisfactory, until you showed up and pissed in my cheerios. Now I have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a whole new way of living my life because you don't happen to approve of my sense of humor? Grow a sac.

I never said you should come up with a whole new way of living because I generally dislike sarcasm, nor that you should change anything about your life for any reason.

That you apparently can't be satisfied when one person doesn't enjoy your humor is down to you. Do you think it possible you are the one lacking a "sac"?
28-05-2013, 05:54 PM
(28-05-2013 12:32 AM)fat cat Wrote:  
(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I don't believe in hell, I'm making an assumption that you don't either. Therefore expounding upon my sentiment, I'm making a fucking joke.

Thanks for explaining. I asked, because going by your emoticon, I thought you were expressing frustration.

(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I find it rather sad that I had to explain it to you.

And I'm disappointed you anthropomorphized the situation rather than tell me how you feel because of what you assume about me. Smile

(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you'd like to save the world by being the perfect atheist then I commend your effort, but maybe I'm not a savvy soldier in your army.

I am not an atheist. "Perfection" is not a term I apply to anything. I am not forming an army. If I was forming an army, it would be a voluntary army, and I would not at all mind you not wanting to be part of it.

(27-05-2013 11:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I came to this forum under the assumption that my way of thinking and my humor might be well received and reciprocated. So far I have found it to be satisfactory, until you showed up and pissed in my cheerios. Now I have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a whole new way of living my life because you don't happen to approve of my sense of humor? Grow a sac.

I never said you should come up with a whole new way of living because I generally dislike sarcasm, nor that you should change anything about your life for any reason.

That you apparently can't be satisfied when one person doesn't enjoy your humor is down to you. Do you think it possible you are the one lacking a "sac"?

Eh, sorry I guess I jumped the gun there. Shouldn't have assumed you were an atheist, I know how everyone hates to be labeled as such. Angel

Anyway, I have a very large sac thank you very much. It tends to swell when I've been sippin' the whiskey, you just got me riled up is all. I'm a big internet badass when I'm on the sauce if you can't tell. Rolleyes

But yes it irked me that you singled me out for no apparent reason other than a dislike of sarcasm......Really? Have you been on this forum?? They should have named it The Sarcastic Atheist Forum.

By the way, out of curiosity, if not an atheist what is your flavor of deism/theism?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-05-2013, 06:04 PM
(28-05-2013 05:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 12:32 AM)fat cat Wrote:  Thanks for explaining. I asked, because going by your emoticon, I thought you were expressing frustration.

Eh, sorry I guess I jumped the gun there. Shouldn't have assumed you were an atheist, I know how everyone hates to be labeled as such. Angel

Anyway, I have a very large sac thank you very much. It tends to swell when I've been sippin' the whiskey, you just got me riled up is all. I'm a big internet badass when I'm on the sauce if you can't tell. Rolleyes

But yes it irked me that you singled me out for no apparent reason other than a dislike of sarcasm......Really? Have you been on this forum?? They should have named it The Sarcastic Atheist Forum.

By the way, out of curiosity, if not an atheist what is your flavor of deism/theism?

Oh nooooooo, not us. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-05-2013, 02:53 AM
(28-05-2013 05:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Eh, sorry I guess I jumped the gun there. Shouldn't have assumed you were an atheist, I know how everyone hates to be labeled as such. Angel

That's okay. I really didn't mind you thinking I was, and I don't mind labels so long as they are accurate and the person using them acknowledges there is much more to anybody than the labels they fit in.

What I did mind was you reducing my position to seeking perfection, and mentioning an army as if I was pressuring anybody to agree with me and change their ways. But even that I did not mind much.

(28-05-2013 05:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Anyway, I have a very large sac thank you very much. It tends to swell when I've been sippin' the whiskey, you just got me riled up is all. I'm a big internet badass when I'm on the sauce if you can't tell. Rolleyes

I appreciate the whiskey context. Smile
But I have a proposition that I hope you will consider: I can not rile you up.

(28-05-2013 05:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  But yes it irked me that you singled me out for no apparent reason other than a dislike of sarcasm......Really? Have you been on this forum?? They should have named it The Sarcastic Atheist Forum.

This is the only reason I mentioned your sac. I meant no offense by the question, but instead was hoping you'd question your perception of my efforts, because I did not single you out, and thus wondered if you were preemptively defensive. If you'll notice, I responded to more sarcastic posts than just yours. And what you can't notice, is that for whatever reason, my mind wanted to respond to your words regardless of who posted them, and the same goes for my response to anybody else.

(28-05-2013 05:54 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  By the way, out of curiosity, if not an atheist what is your flavor of deism/theism?

It would have actually been more accurate to say I don't consider myself an atheist, because I don't know exactly which term applies to me. I have long thought of myself agnostic, but recently came across a definition that made me wonder, and I haven't yet taken the time to figure it out. Whatever category I fit in, I don't really care, because I have no problem with taking the time to say I don't assume any deity(ies) does or does not exist.
29-05-2013, 12:50 PM
(29-05-2013 02:53 AM)fat cat Wrote:  It would have actually been more accurate to say I don't consider myself an atheist, because I don't know exactly which term applies to me. I have long thought of myself agnostic, but recently came across a definition that made me wonder, and I haven't yet taken the time to figure it out. Whatever category I fit in, I don't really care, because I have no problem with taking the time to say I don't assume any deity(ies) does or does not exist.

Ah, right on. Yeah, I never really liked the whole "definition of labels" thing. It seems to go round and round depending on how a person wants to define their terms. I guess that's why I said fuck it, atheist seems to be the clearest, simplest default word for not believing in any specific god so that's what I run with. But I smell what you're steppin in.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post