Jesus makes no sense when put into context.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2013, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2013 10:53 PM by Lawls.)
Jesus makes no sense when put into context.
I've been reading up on the history of Christianity. And I think that Jesus makes absolutely no sense when put into context of Judaism. The OT says that Yahweh will not become a man, as he is omni-everything and doesn't need a earthly body to do something. Christians always try to claim that Jesus was the messiah, but he doesn't realize any of the messianic prophecy in the OT. Adding to that, the messiah that the Jews were (and still are, apparently) hoping for. Wasn't a god-man, but a normal human being who was a skilled warrior. And would conquer and make Israel a world power, the Jews never had the concept of "eternal redemption for sin" or "hell". As I said before, the OT says that God will not impregnate humans, nor will he incarnate as a man, it's made clear that if he wants to say something, he'll do it directly. I think it's pretty obvious that the Jesus story is created from Pagan myths, as they were the ones who created the "Gods impregnating humans" thing, Which is not a part of Judaism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Lawls's post
11-11-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Jesus makes no sense when put into context.
(11-11-2013 10:47 PM)Lawls Wrote:  I've been reading up on the history of Christianity. And I think that Jesus makes absolutely no sense when put into context of Judaism.

And Judaism makes "absolutely no sense when put in into the context of" reality. Do talking snakes, Noah's ark, and the Tower of Babel "make sense"? Does Yahweh "make sense"? From my reading of Leviticus there's nothing Yahweh hates more than a gay man, wearing a blended shirt, practicing organic farming.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chippy's post
11-11-2013, 11:01 PM
[/quote]

And Judaism makes "absolutely no sense when put in into the context of" reality. Do talking snakes, Noah's ark, and the Tower of Babel "make sense"? Does Yahweh "make sense"? From my reading of Leviticus there's nothing Yahweh hates more than a gay man, wearing a blended shirt, practicing organic farming.
[/quote] Eating a meal made from lobster and pork.Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Lawls's post
11-11-2013, 11:03 PM
(11-11-2013 11:01 PM)Lawls Wrote:  Eating a meal made from lobster and pork.Smile

I forgot about that. Well done. ;-)
11-11-2013, 11:08 PM
(11-11-2013 11:03 PM)Chippy Wrote:  And Judaism makes "absolutely no sense when put in into the context of" reality. Do talking snakes, Noah's ark, and the Tower of Babel "make sense"? Does Yahweh "make sense"? From my reading of Leviticus there's nothing Yahweh hates more than a gay man, wearing a blended shirt, practicing organic farming.

Quote:Eating a meal made from lobster and pork.Smile

Nope.
Someone shaving, while gossiping with a menstruating woman.
Leviticus 19:27, 19:16, and 15:19-20

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-11-2013, 11:13 PM
(11-11-2013 11:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 11:03 PM)Chippy Wrote:  And Judaism makes "absolutely no sense when put in into the context of" reality. Do talking snakes, Noah's ark, and the Tower of Babel "make sense"? Does Yahweh "make sense"? From my reading of Leviticus there's nothing Yahweh hates more than a gay man, wearing a blended shirt, practicing organic farming.

Nope.
Who is an unbeliever and wasn't a virgin on the day she married.
11-11-2013, 11:18 PM
(11-11-2013 11:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Nope.

Gossiping with an irritable menstruating woman over a shellfish brunch is exactly what I'd expect the blended-shirt wearing, gay organic farmer to be doing.
[+] 8 users Like Chippy's post
11-11-2013, 11:24 PM
(11-11-2013 11:18 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 11:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope.

Gossiping with an irritable menstruating woman over a shellfish brunch is exactly what I'd expect the blended-shirt wearing, gay organic farmer to be doing.

So Yahweh hates SoHo?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-11-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 12:03 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-11-2013 11:18 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 11:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope.

That's not altogether untrue. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-11-2013, 12:25 AM
I reckon Benjamin Netanyahu is after the job of messiah myself...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]