Jesus makes no sense when put into context.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 05:50 AM
RE: Jesus makes no sense when put into context.
Organic farming was the only kind around back in the day. I think you're thinking of companion planting or permaculture.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
(12-11-2013 05:50 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Organic farming was the only kind around back in the day. I think you're thinking of companion planting or permaculture.
Yeah, the rule was to not plant two types of seeds in one field. I can't believe I used to believe this crap, if the Bible gets one thing right. It's "the truth will set you free" it sure did when I became an Atheist Smile.
[+] 3 users Like Lawls's post
12-11-2013, 08:40 AM
(12-11-2013 08:22 AM)Lawls Wrote:  ...
I can't believe I used to believe

Spoken like a true skeptic.

Damnit! My goat-stew milk just boiled over.

Just kidding.

Big Grin

12-11-2013, 02:27 PM
(12-11-2013 08:22 AM)Lawls Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 05:50 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Organic farming was the only kind around back in the day. I think you're thinking of companion planting or permaculture.
Yeah, the rule was to not plant two types of seeds in one field. I can't believe I used to believe this crap, if the Bible gets one thing right. It's "the truth will set you free" it sure did when I became an Atheist Smile.

What is your position on sowing diverse seeds together? Farms rotate crops and separate crops from growing in competition with one another...
12-11-2013, 03:06 PM
(12-11-2013 02:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 08:22 AM)Lawls Wrote:  Yeah, the rule was to not plant two types of seeds in one field. I can't believe I used to believe this crap, if the Bible gets one thing right. It's "the truth will set you free" it sure did when I became an Atheist Smile.

What is your position on sowing diverse seeds together? Farms rotate crops and separate crops from growing in competition with one another...

There are many cases where different plants are mutually beneficial.

I have planted onions and strawberries together and won prizes at the Grange Fair for both.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Lets face it, if the Bible were true, God would hate 99.999% of people ever to live on this planet.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
12-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Speaking of Yahweh and Jebus... in hypothetical context, of course... cause, that's all they really are

Assuming Jesus was "put on earth to forgive all sin" and all one need do would be to accept him as god to accomplish this ...

I'm thinking this to be a highly unethical proposition offered up by Yahweh.

Given this to be my one chance for absolution upon death, which determines my eternal fate, I think I would advise Yahweh that I chose not to have anyone take responsibility for my transgressions. It would be unethical to do so and compromise my ethical and moral integrity.

Then there's this thought...
Taking into account Yahweh's behavior previous to Jesus, one might become suspicious at this sudden "get out of jail free card" being so generously presented.

Perhaps the entire Jesus incident was a diversionary scenario to see how many faithful would jump to the messiah conclusion. It's such a great deal - it gets everyone off the hook - why, it is practically it's own "Pascal's wager".

Perhaps this is the reasoning behind the Jews being "the chosen people" - they are still waiting for the messiah. And Christians simply fell for the oldest trick in the book.

Book - get it? Tongue

Oh that Yahweh... what a kidder he always was. Tongue Seriously, just ask Job.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-11-2013, 06:28 PM
PleaseJesus, look up
* http://www.sgaonline.org.au/companion-planting/
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Companion_planting
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companion_plants

If you ever find yourself as a substance farmer in Biblical times, those links may save your life... if your neighbours don't kill you for breaking local custom.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
12-11-2013, 06:41 PM
(12-11-2013 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have planted onions and strawberries together and won prizes at the Grange Fair for both.

You will burn in hell, blasphemer! While all the good "straight gardening" christians laugh maniacally from their perch in heaven.

It's gonna be so great.....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
12-11-2013, 07:39 PM
God HATES mixed crops Angry.