Jesus of Gamala
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Jesus of Gamala
(29-01-2014 11:40 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Woo Woo. Uppy time!

Chas, get a sense of humour.

Is there any point to this? Ultimately, if the King Arthur legend is based on Jesus of Gamalot, then maybe one could make a movie with di Caprio as J of Gamala. Or one could tell Christians that they were worshipping Jesus of Gamalot as an antidote to their proseletysing. My mother used to tell Jehovahs that she was a reincarnation of Mary Queen of Scots just so they would go away.

I prefer to read entertaining theories than to throw buckets of cold dirty water onto everything anyone says just because...

I suggest you stick your head in a bucket of cold, dirty water as it might make you come to your senses.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-02-2014, 12:29 AM
(30-01-2014 04:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 02:35 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  As I am getting nowhere with my attempt to educate you lot, I googled Ralph Ellis King Jesus and came up with 500,000 entries and most of them, up to page 11 or so, were positive. If one plots the exponential growth of interest in this topic I expect that it will be hitting TV and regular news programs within the next two years or so and that it will then be topped off by an admission by the Pope that they knew about this all along. I put even money on the Vatican producing Excalibur before 2018.

re "As I am getting nowhere with my attempt to educate you lot"

Friend, you need to dampen your enthusiasm for Ralph and keep reading around the topic. Try not to be patronising. People here, generally speaking , are well informed and open minded. They've given Ralph a go, but not been convinced

I've been studying the history for seven years, and I can't make head nor tail of Ralph's ideas. There may be bits of truth in his ideas, but to go there is a minefield.

If you think some point he's making makes sense, then present your reasons clearly and succinctly.

You've quoted Josephus (which most of us have read before,) yet I fail to see your point.

I am sorry if I come across as patronizing.

I don't mean to be. If I say someone comes from Moose Jaw, you can assume that I am from there, or close, so that was intended to be a joke. Shocking

Anyway, if you look at this book by William Schofield, a Harvard professor you will see that the creation of mythical bardic characters was part of the Celtic tradition

Jesus Christ of the NT is a similar invention but what Schofield quite clearly deonstrates is that these types, in Celtic tradition, are propaganda tools of the rulers.

Atwill just says that the NT is a fiction. I agree, but I think it was a propagandist tool and it was fashioned on a certain set of moral precepts. I don't know where they came from, maybe Judaism and Zoroastrianism. And it seems, and I emphasize "seems", to be based on a character called Jesus of Gamala who Ellis says was a descendant of Cleopatra and Julius Caesar and a very wealthy man, who was a Jewish high priest and was crucified and taken down by Josephus. He wasn't resurrected.

This doesn't require one to believe in miracles or anything. It is just trying to make sense of what Christianity is. The Magi were magicians in the Zoroastrian and Egyptian world. I can see why someone writing a story about a nativity would say there were Magi and shepherds there if the people belonged to a sect which worshipped the Ram and were of Egyptian/Persian ancestry, and the child was the descendant of some royal line. That makes sense. It doesn't mean I "believe" in fairies. I can just see what Ellis is saying and to constantly abuse someone because they understand his argument, which does not involve "believing" in anything, is just plain insulting.

As for there being a hole at the centre of the earth, well, I had never heard that before. The paper simply asks a question about gravitational force at the centre of the earth. There are lots of hollow places called "caves". So what? And the railway thing just shows that famous people like Newton took all this Egyptian stuff very seriously and that might explain why the Brits have a narrow train guage which was highly significant because of the Eurotunnel and the idea that trains from Europe and Britain can't travel on each others tracks which limits the usefulness of the tunnel. It may seem like esoterica to someone in Texas but it isn't if you are in England and you can't ship your goods through Europe by train. That is why the English are so resentful of Europe, because the English had to change their currency to decimal, standardize their electricity, change their measurement system when they joined the European community so people asked questions about why they had these old Imperial systems based on 12 instead of the decimal system. People were prosecuted in England and still can be for selling meat and other commodities in the old weights and measures but they still use it because they are attached to it. They still measure their body weight in "stones" which is 14lbs. Of course, it is easy to read things like that and react by thinking it all sounds strange and calling me a crazy person because I lived in England for many years and know about things like that, and about the pervasiveness of the Arthurian legends there.

Getting back to Arthur, you still get mainstream TV presenters in England postulating that Jesus came to England:

And this guy is as mainstream as they get:

I think it's crazy by the way. But here, I get called crazy because I find someone who has an explanation of why people in England might have this obsession with the idea. The anthem of the Labour party of the UK, which Tony Blair belonged to is "Jerusalem" by Willam Blake in which it is asked, "And did those feet, in ancient times, walk upon England's mountains green". And is London the New Jerusalem?

So, that is what you get in England. Ellis at least tries to find a logical explanation for the mythology which doesn't involve anything other than locking up a real person in a prison fort.
Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 01:36 AM by Deltabravo.)
I am sure you will all enjoy this one:

If you apply rules of agglutination you get this:

Richard... Rich=rex=king Ar= Aryan d= of

Harris= Har (as in hearth, place of fire)= fire ris = rex= lord = Horus

I am convinced that the "christ" is just Horus and it stems from the worship of the sun and of fire which gives us many words today which go back to these concepts

The only reason I post all this is to try to help break down these myths, not because I believe them. If they don't help then just ignore them but the DNA research and climactic studies suggest a Near East origin for Europeans with linguistic studies showing that Indo-European languages also originated from this area so it is not surprising that our dieties come from very old astrological religions.

If it doesn't help people here understand what religion is about then I'm sorry but it has helped me figure out what Christianity is all about and I believe Atwill is pretty close and Ellis agrees with him except he adds in elements of the life of Jesus of Gamala.

While I am interested in this because I find it fascinating, I am also interested in Michio Kaku
Find all posts by this user