Jesus' opinion on homosexuality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2015, 11:38 AM
RE: Jesus' opinion on homosexuality
Sorry
Jebus had no opinion on "homosexuality" as there was no concept, as such, (no clue about "orientations") until the 19th Century, until the SCIENCE of Psychoology arose.

As for what the ancient Hebrew view on same sex sexual activity was, read and learn :

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid117446

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 11:43 AM
(05-03-2015 11:26 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  A little known omission from the bible was that his greatest commandment was to cup the balls.

Well, they came close... a few samples from Genesis:
(24:2) And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh:
(32:25) And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
(47:29) And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt:

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
05-03-2015, 11:47 AM
(05-03-2015 11:43 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 11:26 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  A little known omission from the bible was that his greatest commandment was to cup the balls.

Well, they came close... a few samples from Genesis:
(24:2) And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh:
(32:25) And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
(47:29) And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt:

So far one of my favorite new learnings from the Bible.

Scratch my scrotum...yup, a little to the right now....good, good Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-03-2015, 12:07 PM

Paul briefly mentions it in the first half of 1 Corinthians 10:16:
Quote:The cup of blessing which we bless

He then goes on to talk about many of them partaking in the body of Christ (the "bread"), I think simultaneously. I'm not sure about that last part.
1 Corinthians 10:16-17
Quote:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation[a] in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation[b] in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.

Now, given that Paul never met Jesus in person, I can only assume that "partaking in the body of Christ" must be somehow symbolic. I don't know exactly what they did in these early meetings, but given Christ's words on men not being defiled by what they put into themselves, I think we have a pretty good idea...
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
05-03-2015, 02:17 PM
(05-03-2015 11:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sorry
Jebus had no opinion on "homosexuality" as there was no concept, as such, (no clue about "orientations") until the 19th Century, until the SCIENCE of Psychoology arose.

As for what the ancient Hebrew view on same sex sexual activity was, read and learn :

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid117446

There's a great book called Sex and Punishment: Four Thousand Years of Judging Desire by Eric Berkowitz. He's a writer and lawyer. He starts off the book with a four thousand year old murder case in Mesopotamia written on some ancient tablets which also involved a freedman, a male slave and a widow named Nin-Dada. Interesting stuff and fascinating look at sexual punishment throughout history. I highly recommend it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-03-2015, 04:35 PM
You can't enter heaven unless Jesus enters you.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
05-03-2015, 05:24 PM
(05-03-2015 04:35 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  You can't enter heaven unless Jesus enters you.

I paraphrased that to a girl once......................

She didn't go for it............

Blush

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-03-2015, 06:28 PM
(05-03-2015 12:07 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Paul briefly mentions it in the first half of 1 Corinthians 10:16:
Quote:The cup of blessing which we bless

He then goes on to talk about many of them partaking in the body of Christ (the "bread"), I think simultaneously. I'm not sure about that last part.
1 Corinthians 10:16-17
Quote:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation[a] in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation[b] in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.

Now, given that Paul never met Jesus in person, I can only assume that "partaking in the body of Christ" must be somehow symbolic. I don't know exactly what they did in these early meetings, but given Christ's words on men not being defiled by what they put into themselves, I think we have a pretty good idea...

THAT was hilarious!!!!!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
06-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Proof of the omission.

[Image: eDh2NDEyMTI=_o_gay-jesus-clip-i-will-sur...funny-.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac