Jesus prayed to himself!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Jesus prayed to himself!?
I have always found it odd the way Jesus allegedly was always criticizing his followers...."oh ye of little faith'.......

......... one would think, having witnessed his stopping the wind, calming the sea, turning water into booze etc : they would have been oozing with faith.

Of course the gospels were written several decades post all of this and exaggerations become rife..............
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 04:50 PM
(02-08-2014 04:42 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I have always found it odd the way Jesus allegedly was always criticizing his followers...."oh ye of little faith'.......

......... one would think, having witnessed his stopping the wind, calming the sea, turning water into booze etc : they would have been oozing with faith.

Of course the gospels were written several decades post all of this and exaggerations become rife..............

You know, I think I could re-interpret scriptures without the exaggerations. For example, when Jesus calmed the wind, he actually broke wind. When he walked on water, he probably just stepped in a puddle. When it said he was the Son of God, it meant Son of a Bitch. So you can see why they had problems believing.......

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-08-2014, 08:30 PM
It's really very simple.

This trinity horseshit was invented centuries after the jesus horseshit. This is a very awkward way of trying to remedy the problems thus caused.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
02-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Mainstream Christianity is so obviously designed by a committee...

It's as if the whole thing is just to find some common ground between "Jesus is the son of God" and "Jesus is God"... Some bright spark in the office got a promotion when he said "I know, how bout he's both?"...

And we're supposed to believe some shit they just made up one afternoon in Nicea?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2014, 09:10 PM
(31-07-2014 09:07 AM)AmishLatinJew Wrote:  Most religions impose the supernatural for their proof, but are unable to show that supernatural event or being. So sense, is likely something that a religion will lack. If I tell a christian that I walked on water, they'd call me a liar, but when Jesus did it, it's cool. As far as the trinity, there are way more crazy scenarios and images that come to mind with the trinity mind-f*** than simply if he was praying to himself. But yes, its still silly.
Naha nobody will call you liar now, they'll just call you mind freak like Chris angel Smile
02-08-2014, 09:17 PM
(02-08-2014 08:58 PM)Sam Wrote:  Mainstream Christianity is so obviously designed by a committee...

It's as if the whole thing is just to find some common ground between "Jesus is the son of God" and "Jesus is God"... Some bright spark in the office got a promotion when he said "I know, how bout he's both?"...

And we're supposed to believe some shit they just made up one afternoon in Nicea?
Muslims get horrified when they hear Christians believe Jesus is the son of god because their god in their book clearly denied the paternity claims saying Jesus is just a prophet who should be blessed in their prayers five times a day...
I guess a DNA test might solve the problem here Smile