Jesus proving it was manmade?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Jesus proving it was manmade?
Maybe most of you already have thought of this, but...

If you were in Jesus' shoes and wanted to prove you were the messiah,
wouldn't it be very convenient to say, when people ask: "Ey, but you look like a normal human!"
"Yeah, but God sent me down here in human form."

I think, if it all was true, there would be no Jesus.
For me, Jesus is one of the strongest indications it's all made up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: Jesus proving it was manmade?
I don't see it. Existence of Jesus is irrelevant to the existence of god. Not that I believe god exists but why Jesus is strong indication of it's - religion I presume - being made up?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-04-2015, 01:51 PM
The problem isn't really with Jesus existing. He could have existed, he may not have. To me, it doesn't really matter.

What matters is what he could "supposedly" do. I could care less if a person existed in the past, but if said person is claiming they can turn water into wine, walk on water, raise from the dead, and all these other magic tricks...I want proof for it.
20-04-2015, 02:15 PM
(20-04-2015 01:51 PM)Dusky Wrote:  The problem isn't really with Jesus existing. He could have existed, he may not have. To me, it doesn't really matter.

What matters is what he could "supposedly" do. I could care less if a person existed in the past, but if said person is claiming they can turn water into wine, walk on water, raise from the dead, and all these other magic tricks...I want proof for it.

I totally agree with you. I've had discussions with theists saying there is no proof that Alexander the Great existed either. My reply is that if Alexander the Great claimed he could fly or was a god who was going to send people to hell if they didn't believe in him then I'd sure as hell want proof, but as it stands it really doesn't matter if Alexander existed. He was just a guy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-04-2015, 02:28 PM
In the way of historical figures, there are plenty on the same level as Jesus, most of whom did not identify themselves as deities. So if Jesus did in fact possess God like abilities, I find it nearly impossible that evidence and knowledge of his existence would be questionable. Since it is, the idea of him being God-like should be immediately discarded. That and the fact that his supposed powers have never been verified to exist for anyone or anything.
20-04-2015, 02:47 PM
(20-04-2015 02:28 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  In the way of historical figures, there are plenty on the same level as Jesus, most of whom did not identify themselves as deities. So if Jesus did in fact possess God like abilities, I find it nearly impossible that evidence and knowledge of his existence would be questionable. Since it is, the idea of him being God-like should be immediately discarded. That and the fact that his supposed powers have never been verified to exist for anyone or anything.

I think the Roman Emperors would have made an immediate and decisive move against anyone that had thousands of followers and was supposedly doing miraculous signs. John The Baptist wasn't supposed to be able to untie the thong of Jesus' sandals, yet he ended up in prison in short order. No Roman leader would have tolerated someone with that much acclaim to walk about freely for three years.
Jesus would have been lucky to even walk around three months, especially if John The Baptist gave him his blessing.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
20-04-2015, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2015 04:38 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(20-04-2015 02:47 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 02:28 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  In the way of historical figures, there are plenty on the same level as Jesus, most of whom did not identify themselves as deities. So if Jesus did in fact possess God like abilities, I find it nearly impossible that evidence and knowledge of his existence would be questionable. Since it is, the idea of him being God-like should be immediately discarded. That and the fact that his supposed powers have never been verified to exist for anyone or anything.

I think the Roman Emperors would have made an immediate and decisive move against anyone that had thousands of followers and was supposedly doing miraculous signs. John The Baptist wasn't supposed to be able to untie the thong of Jesus' sandals, yet he ended up in prison in short order. No Roman leader would have tolerated someone with that much acclaim to walk about freely for three years.
Jesus would have been lucky to even walk around three months, especially if John The Baptist gave him his blessing.

Exactly.

If Jesus existed, they did make a decisive move against him. They strung him up naked on a cross. That was a punishment reserved for anyone who threatened Roman power. It was meant to intimidate anyone else who had dreams about rebelling against Rome.

The two men Yeshua was crucified with were labeled as “lestai,” incorrectly translated in some bibles as “robbers.” In fact “lestai” was a derogatory term for insurrectionists, who, by armed action, opposed Roman rule (http://www.drabruzzi.com/jesus_movement.htm, http://haqol.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/th...i-rebel/). So Jesus was crucified by the Romans between two zealots, we’re told he thought he was king of the Jews, and the reader is expected to believe he wasn’t a zealot!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post