"Jesus" really wasn't such a great guy!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2011, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 09:53 PM by defacto7.)
RE: "Jesus" really wasn't such a great guy!
(19-09-2011 11:51 PM)MSteele323 Wrote:  Can someone please explain why when i hear the name Jesus I get enraged? It has always happened ever since i was little. I never understood that.

You are clearly possessed by minions of Satan.

sorry.... Angel

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2017, 09:02 PM
(24-08-2011 01:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  “But as for my enemies who did not want me for their king, bring them here and execute them in my presence” (Luke 19:27 NJB). I have yet to find an explanation from a Christian that can justify these atrocious words.

(24-08-2011 07:06 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I don't have a bible anywhere near me( I thought I'd found one but it turned out to be a Harry potter book) so I can't varify this claim.
If you don't have a Bible with you here are two places you can read it online.

Basically, all I've found is that the "servants" he told told this to knew he wasn't serious and was quoting what a king would usually say. I guess it technically wasn't his style to kill his enemies, but I'm also not sure how big Jesus was on being facetious. From what I can tell Christians want there to be a good explanation for Luke 19:27 and there just isn't one.
[+] 1 user Likes hehtheist's post
09-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Gosh...........6 years dead. Is this another zombie thread?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
09-10-2017, 04:06 AM
Not as much of a zombie as Jesus Tongue

He was a prick. Or rather, the poorly written character (which comes off as some sort of melding of several personalities) is a prick. People have to heavily cherry pick him to make him seem like a good guy.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2017, 04:42 AM
I grew up with the idea of Jesus as a guy who drank a lot of wine, was a carpenter and hung out with hookers.

Seemed ok to me.

But after reading all of this, he sounds like a prick.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results