Jesus's genealogy problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Jesus's genealogy problem
If a professional genealogist mapped out my family history in the same manner that Jesus' genealogy in the Bible is listed I'd refuse to pay that person. I don't debate Christians much but when I do I like to point out this glaring problem.

Here's how the Jesus genealogy plays with Luke and Matthew.

http://www.christianitydisproved.com/jes...jesus.html

Not only are the two entirely different but when pointing this fact out I find that christians do a fancy dance step around this nonsense by changing the subject or go with the "his heritage is through Mary's family." But....but....IT'S NOT, you idiot!

Jesus' genealogy should read as follows:

Jesus

God.

That's it. But they have a bit of a conundrum because they need to take the lineage from Jesus to Joe back to Dave but in doing so it directly bypasses god. So he's not really the son of god he's the great, great, great, great, great, great...(etc) great, great grandson of god. A bunch of idiots wrote the gospels.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-01-2016, 06:41 PM
RE: Jesus's genealogy problem
[Image: facebook_2014697557.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
13-01-2016, 06:45 PM
(13-01-2016 01:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If a professional genealogist mapped out my family history in the same manner that Jesus' genealogy in the Bible is listed I'd refuse to pay that person. I don't debate Christians much but when I do I like to point out this glaring problem.

Not only are the two entirely different but when pointing this fact out I find that christians do a fancy dance step around this nonsense by changing the subject or go with the "his heritage is through Mary's family." But....but....IT'S NOT, you idiot!

Jesus

God.

That's it. But they have a bit of a conundrum because they need to take the lineage from Jesus to Joe back to Dave but in doing so it directly bypasses god. So he's not really the son of god he's the great, great, great, great, great, great...(etc) great, great grandson of god. A bunch of idiots wrote the gospels.

That has always been one of my favorites too. "You say you believe everything in the Bible? Do you believe that Joseph had two fathers? , No? then you don't believe everything the Bible says!" And I look it up for them. One of the best, because then they cannot say that it doesn't count since it came from the old testament which the best ones do.
13-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Yeah, and the Christian attempts at weaseling out of it by proclaiming one of the genealogies was Mary's doesn't wash, the bible is pretty clear that both genealogies go through Joseph, it states it right there in Matthew 1:16 and Luke 3:23.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-01-2016, 08:59 PM
(13-01-2016 01:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If a professional genealogist mapped out my family history in the same manner that Jesus' genealogy in the Bible is listed I'd refuse to pay that person. I don't debate Christians much but when I do I like to point out this glaring problem.

Jesus

God.

Well, actually there is not one genealogy they can come up with *other* than Jesus which is done through the matrilineal line. It's not a valid Hebrew *thing*. The male line was ALL that counted. Period.
Never. Ever. Not. One.

What's even dumber, is Matthew does spend the entire chapter doing his thing, (which may have been written before the concept of the divinity of Jesus had fully coalesced, and we know the concept of his *divinity* is different in each gospel), but then at the end of Chapter 1, Matthew says Joseph was not the father, thus invalidating his own earlier Chapter 1. Forgetful much ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2016, 10:17 PM
(13-01-2016 07:16 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Yeah, and the Christian attempts at weaseling out of it by proclaiming one of the genealogies was Mary's doesn't wash, the bible is pretty clear that both genealogies go through Joseph, it states it right there in Matthew 1:16 and Luke 3:23.

In my son's bible, it actually says that some manuscripts have entirely different names. I asked my wife how then can she trust the outlandish stuff if they can't even agree on who Joseph's dad was? I mean he would have been known as "Joseph, son of ......." to all who knew him so if these are eyewitness accounts of who knew him, then shouldn't these at least line up? Her response: "well, these were written by different people." IT"S THE SAME FUCKING GUY!!!!!!! It doesn't matter whose account it is, these should match.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-01-2016, 09:13 AM
The problem is even worse: There is literally no documentation or records of any type that back up any generation in the christ genealogy.

Most people were illiterate back then. They did not keep birth certificates or death certificates, and even if they had, the chances of them surviving till today are fairly remote.

It's yet another one of the many ways christian religions lie to the masses.

(There was no Roman census either, but that's a whole 'nother thread.)

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
14-01-2016, 09:31 AM
The genealogy in Luke is that of Mary.

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/matt...and-luke-3

Joseph was not biologically related to Jesus but Matthew gives his genealogy because it was through him that inherited his right to be king of the Jews.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2015/0...ng-joseph/

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Jesus would have had only one set of DNA making him a total freak. This thought never of occurs to Christians.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-01-2016, 09:47 AM
I wonder what would happen if you sequenced jesus's dna. Scrape some off the shroud of turin or whatever. Or get some from a eucharist.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow