Jesus vs Horus vs Mithras vs etc.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 12:06 PM by Weeeeee_Zard.)
I've seen this in zeitgeist and other forums but I haven't found anything on the Egyptian book of the dead that I could quote as a parallel to a quote in the bible.

Lets start with Jesus vs Horus myths.

Can anyone point me to the exact place where it's said that Horus was born from a virgin, had 12 disciples, waked on water and al that bullshit?

Thanks!

I don't want to pull this as an argument if I can't back it up.

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Weeeeee_Zard's post
26-02-2013, 06:47 AM
RE: Jesus vs Horus vs Mithras vs etc.
yeah i know what you mean. I can't find any credible sources for this either.
Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 07:53 AM
That movie isn't very credible in many forms.. that being one of them where they speak of things which are possibilities as fact.

I don't know of any sights have deep details.. I did see a religious site against the argument that they were "equal" point out how several claims were wrong but several were quite similar. They took the argument as being directly ripped off but I have no clue where that was.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
26-02-2013, 08:28 AM
The gospels resemble the template for the Greek myths more, as Dr. McDonad pointed out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOzCMy9e5E
The connection with Mithraism/Zoroastrianism is a little more academic, as the Hebrew idea of ritual purification was changed by Saul of Tarsus, to "personal" (salvation), "purification", (which he got from Mithraism). Tarsus, (his home town), was a hot-bed of Mithraism/Zorastrianism. There are similarities, but the convincing "proof" is the completely different cultural shift away from the Hebrew notion of what a "sacrifice" would do. The Hebrews, in general, did not believe in immortality.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...surrection

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

26-02-2013, 12:10 PM
I see, I've been skeptical at the Horus vs Jesus similarities because I haven't found anything besides "king of kings and lord of lords"

I haven't found the astrological correlation either as a sun god and the winter equinox.

Good info about Mithras. I will look into it more.

Thanks.

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Re: Jesus vs Horus vs Mithras vs etc.
Well. Horus was born from the widowed mother izis after taking her deceased husband penis n using it to bring horus .. so she wasnt definately vergin ...
Horus was a son of god who became a god
Horus was associated with the famous symbol (the key of life) witch resembles the crucifix ...
I m not aware of any gospels for horus
Similarities with crishna are more obvious IMO
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/
08-03-2013, 07:01 AM
And let's not forget about Tammuz, son of god, born of a virgin, sacrified on a tree (albet in the underworld), where his virgin mother would cry at his feet and rescue him, and he would return to the upper words, redeemed, and ready to sow some wild oats!
What is it about gods and virgins? Don't they know that an experienced woman is much more fun? Wink

“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders