Jesus was Married???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-09-2012, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 06:02 PM by Livelife8072.)
Jesus was Married???
Just came out today. What do you think? Does this put a new spin on Jesus' life? Also, what will Christians think about this new discovery?
Enjoy

Live life, cause you only have one!Youtuber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Livelife8072
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: Jesus was Married???
(18-09-2012 05:53 PM)Livelife8072 Wrote:  Just came out today. What do think.. Does this put a new spin on Jesus' life?

First please scientifically prove there was a Jesus of Nazareth as described in the bible. Then I will consider any other circumstantial anecdotes about that presumed person. Such as: was he married? To whom? Did he cheat? With whom? Could he even get it up...? Etc. etc.

Quote:Also, what will Christians think about this new discovery?

Xtians don't think.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Janus's post
18-09-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 06:03 PM by Livelife8072.)
(18-09-2012 06:24 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(18-09-2012 05:53 PM)Livelife8072 Wrote:  Just came out today. What do think.. Does this put a new spin on Jesus' life?

First please scientifically prove there was a Jesus of Nazareth as described in the bible. Then I will consider any other circumstantial anecdotes about that presumed person. Such as: was he married? To whom? Did he cheat? With whom? Could he even get it up...? Etc. etc.

Quote:Also, what will Christians think about this new discovery?

Xtians don't think.

I did make this statement already in the description on this video. I don't believe the historical Jesus ever existed. But, I want conversation from Christians and others to see what they think.

Live life, cause you only have one!Youtuber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Livelife8072
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Wow. Well I guess that explains it. "Like a sheep to the slaughter", and all that crap. Yeah right. No wonder he went so willingly.
If Jesus was married then we should think of his death on the cross as the end of his suffering.

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Cant see the video becassue I am in China. But if you really think about it, it would be really surprising if Jesus was not married and had already raised a family before he started preaching in his late 20's.
He was, after all, a Rabbi. And rabinical teachings encourage marriage and frown on celibacy. In other words, if he wanted to be taken seriously as a preacher he would have had to have had a wife and children

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 2 users Like PeterKA's post
18-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I've already browsed a few Christian forums and the consensus there seems to be that this discovery is either:

1) An Atheist forgery
2) The work of Satan
3) Or referring to another Jesus...after all, Jesus was a common name.

It's amazing all the mental gymnastics the Christian mind must perform to hang on to their beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence that their faith is man-made.
[+] 2 users Like Ozzie's post
18-09-2012, 09:26 PM
"New discovery"??
Obviously never seen The De Vinci Code.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
18-09-2012, 10:01 PM
They'll likely ignore it, saying it couldn't have been "real" because it didn't make it to the final cut of their book.

I was under the impression that it was suggested strongly that Jesus was supposed to have been married to Mary Magdalene in some "lost" books of the Bible they dug up somewhere? I never researched that very much, but I recall having watched a bit of a documentary that talked about the subject of "lost" gospels a while back, and that was mentioned in the film.
18-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, caught wind of that over on Reddit earlier this evening. I'm sure it will be swept under the rug just like various other texts/gospels, like the one where young Jesus is portrayed as a trickster.

At the end of the day, they're all just fictional tall tales, so it doesn't really matter.

It would be like finding out that Zeus has (another) wife.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
18-09-2012, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 11:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Actually this is nuthin' new. In the Nag Hammadi Library, which was found in Northern Egypt, in 1945 North Of Luxor, South of Cairo, a number of suppressed Gnostic gospels were found. One of them was the Gnostic Gospel of Philip. In this text, Jeebus' "companion" is Mary Magdalene, and some say the intent was to say they were married, and if not certainly he kissed her a lot, and she was the leader of his followers, (much as she originally was in the Jerusalem community, before they intentionally turned her into a whore, in order to marginalize her powerful position). So, the fact that this find is a Coptic text fits nicely with other North Egypt stuff, if indeed it is authenticated, and not just another fake. These texts were intentionally mostly burned, as they presented a more, human, even laughing Jesus, and were seen as a threat. Somebody must have thought otherwise, and hid copies of some of them. I still haven't read the damn Da Vinci Code Blush

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Philip
http://www.appointedtimeministries.org/A...ospels.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Gospels

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post