Jesus was Married???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-09-2012, 01:53 AM
RE: Jesus was Married???
little known fact - Jesus was also a plumber who liked mushrooms, coins and was afraid of turtles
Mario Bros was based on Jesus's life - ya it's true

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
19-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Well of course the Xtains will put a spin on this no doubt. But, it is another possible contradiction to add to the pile.

Live life, cause you only have one!Youtuber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Livelife8072
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2012, 03:34 AM
(18-09-2012 09:13 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  I've already browsed a few Christian forums and the consensus there seems to be that this discovery is either:

1) An Atheist forgery
2) The work of Satan
3) Or referring to another Jesus...after all, Jesus was a common name.

It's amazing all the mental gymnastics the Christian mind must perform to hang on to their beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence that their faith is man-made.

Great points, as I thought the same too.

Live life, cause you only have one!Youtuber:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Livelife8072
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2012, 05:39 AM
(19-09-2012 01:53 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  little known fact - Jesus was also a plumber who liked mushrooms, coins and was afraid of turtles
Mario Bros was based on Jesus's life - ya it's true

Proof that Jesus was Mario @6:28.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-09-2012, 09:44 AM
As a friend of mine on Facebook posted, to which I wholeheartedly agreed:

"So, a new piece of Christian literature suggest that Jesus may have been married, and now it's a major talking point and controversy. But hey, don't worry about the walking on water, talking snakes, big red dragons, giants, rape, slavery, torture, bestiality, the act of levitation, angels, murder of children, racism, and homophobia... We just don't need to ever talk or acknowledge those."

So Jesus has done something that is considered "sacred" in the eyes of Christians (which is blasphemy if "normal" people, or for the sake of the argument "God's children", like gays participate in) but their so beloved Jesus Christ, son of God, commits such a holy act and it's, as a previous poster stated
"1) An Atheist forgery
2) The work of Satan
3) Or referring to another Jesus...after all, Jesus was a common name."

I swear...some of the most contradictory people on earth.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
[+] 2 users Like ctull's post
19-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Like any cult leader he was probably fucking everything with two leggs and some things with four.

He clearly had a cult following of willing females. They were the only ones who showed up when the Romans offed his ass for being a cult leader.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
19-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Well, there really isn't anything new to this. The Gnostics believed Jesus married and some even believed that he went to India and studied with the mystics there.

But I don't see why people are accusing Christians of doing mental gymnastics to argue against these ancient ideas. The Early Church Fathers dealt with these arguments 1800 years ago. Atheists don't accept the validity of the Nag Hammadi scrolls so why would we expect Christians to?

[Image: shut_the_door.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
19-09-2012, 10:00 AM
(19-09-2012 09:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Well, there really isn't anything new to this. The Gnostics believed Jesus married and some even believed that he went to India and studied with the mystics there.

But I don't see why people are accusing Christians of doing mental gymnastics to argue against these ancient ideas. The Early Church Fathers dealt with these arguments 1800 years ago. Atheists don't accept the validity of the Nag Hammadi scrolls so why would we expect Christians to?

And of course the Secret Gospel of Mark has him cavorting with a guy, (with a faint remnant of that in the present Gospel of Mark ... the guy in the white sheet).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-09-2012, 10:12 AM
(19-09-2012 10:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 09:50 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Well, there really isn't anything new to this. The Gnostics believed Jesus married and some even believed that he went to India and studied with the mystics there.

And of course the Secret Gospel of Mark has him cavorting with a guy, (with a faint remnant of that in the present Gospel of Mark ... the guy in the white sheet).

Well, and let's not forget all the cavorting he did with his "beloved disciple" John. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
19-09-2012, 10:33 AM
My take on this:

It's a pretty interesting find

BUT

a few things -

1) It was written around the same time or after the CoN. Those of you saying "it didn't make the cut" are right... it wasn't around to make the cut.
2) At the time of its authorship, Christianity was a new religion, and it wouldn't be uncommon for people to write documents which gave a new spin or twist to it.
3) It could also be a "fan fiction" of sorts. In other words, someone writing a story about Jesus.
4) This is in no way any type of proof that Jesus had a wife. Anyone could have written this, and it was written ~300 years after the Gospels were written.
5) The Book of Enoch along with the Assumption of Moses was consider scripture by the Hebrews and early church. It wasn't until the CoN discredited these books because of the obvious corruption of them in the latter parts. If books that were considered scripture were removed because of corruption, then how easy would it be for someone to write something like this?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post