Jesus was Married???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-09-2012, 12:52 PM
RE: Jesus was Married???
You guys keep spelling Jebus wrong.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2012, 12:55 PM
(19-09-2012 12:52 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You guys keep spelling Jebus wrong.

Hey, Seuss.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
19-09-2012, 01:03 PM
(19-09-2012 12:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 12:52 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You guys keep spelling Jebus wrong.

Hey, Seuss.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
19-09-2012, 01:11 PM
(19-09-2012 12:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey, Seuss.
Yea, I loved him and most everything he said... especially, "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."

He also said:
"Preachers in pulpits talked about what a great message is in the book. No matter what you do, somebody always imputes meaning into your books."

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-09-2012, 01:16 PM
(19-09-2012 10:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  My take on this:

It's a pretty interesting find

BUT

a few things -

1) It was written around the same time or after the CoN. Those of you saying "it didn't make the cut" are right... it wasn't around to make the cut.
2) At the time of its authorship, Christianity was a new religion, and it wouldn't be uncommon for people to write documents which gave a new spin or twist to it.
3) It could also be a "fan fiction" of sorts. In other words, someone writing a story about Jesus.
4) This is in no way any type of proof that Jesus had a wife. Anyone could have written this, and it was written ~300 years after the Gospels were written.
5) The Book of Enoch along with the Assumption of Moses was consider scripture by the Hebrews and early church. It wasn't until the CoN discredited these books because of the obvious corruption of them in the latter parts. If books that were considered scripture were removed because of corruption, then how easy would it be for someone to write something like this?

Just as easy as people having made it all up, I'd say.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2012, 01:58 PM
So I was reading the Gospel of Thomas, from Nag Hammadi, and apparently Jeebus liked trannies also, and HATED women ??

114) Simon Peter said to Him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are
not worthy of Life."
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her
male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you
males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the
Kingdom of Heaven."

http://lifeintegrity.com/Gospel-of-Thoma...ersion.pdf

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-09-2012, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 07:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
So I looked up the requirements for being a Rabbi, in Ancient Israel. The fact that Jesus is not mentioned as married is very odd, and perhaps more evidence he never existed. A number of places in the gospels someone calls him "Rabbi". If that were actually true, then he would have had to be married, as there was only one in history that was not married, and he was famous for just that. The general education of a Rabbi, was as follows :
Age 5 - ready for study of written Torah
Age 10 –ready for study of oral Torah
Age 13 – Bar Mitzvah (religious ceremony for coming of age)
Age 15 –Study of Halachot (rabbinic legal decisions)
Age 18 –Ready for marriage, and got married.
Age 20 – Looking for a profession
Age 30 -ready to enter the mainstream of community life

Of course the fact that there was no "town" of Nazareth, (but only a graveyard in one end of that valley/canyon), is another nail in the coffin of his historicity.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-09-2012, 11:49 PM
(19-09-2012 01:11 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 12:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey, Seuss.
Yea, I loved him and most everything he said... especially, "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."

He also said:
"Preachers in pulpits talked about what a great message is in the book. No matter what you do, somebody always imputes meaning into your books."

Someone didn't see the fun of the pun in what I had done...

...with green eggs and ham.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
20-09-2012, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 02:58 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-09-2012 11:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-09-2012 01:11 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I loved him and most everything he said... especially, "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."

He also said:

Someone didn't see the fun of the pun in what I had done...

...with green eggs and ham.

I saw some of the fun in the pun, hun, but preferred gum, to bake in the sun. Tell your dogs their dues are due for doing their do do, in the Dew.
I see on the air that Harry the heir's hair was hurriedly aired, before he flew his harrier home.