Jesus was a terrorist!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
15-12-2016, 10:52 AM
RE: Jesus was a terrorist!
Transubstantiation eh?

I attended a catholic wedding when I was a kid. At the time, I didn't know what the cracker and wine was all about. I thought to myself, "What kind of cheap assholes feed their guests dry cracker and shitty ass wine?". Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Yes. Transubstantiation:

Quote:Transubstantiation (in Latin, transsubstantiatio, in Greek μετουσίωσις metousiosis) is, according to the teaching of the Catholic Church, the change of substance by which the bread and the wine offered in the sacrifice of the sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass, become, in reality, the body and blood of Jesus the Christ.[1]

The Catholic Church teaches that the substance, or essence, of the Eucharistic offering (either bread alone, or bread and wine) is changed into both the body and blood of Christ.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation

Fucking cannibals!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
15-12-2016, 11:32 AM
(15-12-2016 11:16 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Fucking cannibals!
Don't be so hard on them Minimalist. They have permission directly from their all-good, all-loving god:
Leviticus 26:29; Deuteronomy 28:53-57; Jeremiah 19:9

(Besides, we don't want to give them an excuse to call us out for eating all those babies... Wink )

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
15-12-2016, 11:33 AM
(15-12-2016 10:05 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 07:39 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes billions of catholic say that while eating bread and drinking wine, and clearly not eating actual flesh, or drinking actual blood.
You're kidding right? That's one of the primary differences between Catholic and at least many Protestant denominations - the belief that communion consists of eating real flesh and blood actually (as opposed to symbolically) converted from bread and wine. If you are "Catholic" and don't believe that, you may as well be Protestant.

Unbelievable that you don't understand your own faith. Dodgy

Catholic can say whatever they want, but they're still eating bread and drinking wine, no matter how you cut it.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-12-2016, 11:55 AM
(15-12-2016 11:33 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Catholic can say whatever they want, but they're still eating bread and drinking wine, no matter how you cut it.
Am I remembering incorrectly that you're Catholic? I'm really surprised that you don't understand this very basic and fundamental Catholic concept. And no, Catholics don't get to decide to make the church doctrine anything that they prefer - at least not in any way that's acceptable to the church or gawd. Catholic doctrine says it IS the body and blood of Jesus. After the bread and wine are consecrated during the mass, they are no longer bread and wine.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
15-12-2016, 12:12 PM
(15-12-2016 11:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Am I remembering incorrectly that you're Catholic?

No I'm not catholic

Quote:I'm really surprised that you don't understand this very basic and fundamental Catholic concept. And no, Catholics don't get to decide to make the church doctrine anything that they prefer - at least not in any way that's acceptable to the church or gawd. Catholic doctrine says it IS the body and blood of Jesus. After the bread and wine are consecrated during the mass, they are no longer bread and wine.

Like I said they can say whatever they want, but it's literally bread and wine. We can take a variety of scientist to test the bread and wine after it's consecrated, and I doubt anyone here will be surprised to learn that it's not literally flesh and blood, but purely bread and wine.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
15-12-2016, 12:32 PM
(15-12-2016 11:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 11:33 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Catholic can say whatever they want, but they're still eating bread and drinking wine, no matter how you cut it.
Am I remembering incorrectly that you're Catholic? I'm really surprised that you don't understand this very basic and fundamental Catholic concept. And no, Catholics don't get to decide to make the church doctrine anything that they prefer - at least not in any way that's acceptable to the church or gawd. Catholic doctrine says it IS the body and blood of Jesus. After the bread and wine are consecrated during the mass, they are no longer bread and wine.

I was under the impression that transubstantiation only occurred after the bread and wine was consumed although I could be wrong.
15-12-2016, 12:40 PM
(15-12-2016 12:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No I'm not catholic
Oh my apologies then. I must be thinking of someone else.

(15-12-2016 12:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Like I said they can say whatever they want, but it's literally bread and wine. We can take a variety of scientist to test the bread and wine after it's consecrated, and I doubt anyone here will be surprised to learn that it's not literally flesh and blood, but purely bread and wine.
Ok, now that I understand you are not Catholic, your viewpoint makes perfect sense. And, of course, I agree as an atheist that they remain bread and wine.

(15-12-2016 12:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I was under the impression that transubstantiation only occurred after the bread and wine was consumed although I could be wrong.

No, here's a link about it. From the link:

Quote:How does this change take place? It happens during the eucharistic prayer of the Mass.

At that time, the bread and wine are changed into the Body and Blood of Christ, as the Church has always taught. Although they still look like bread and wine, they have, by divine power, actually changed into His Body and Blood.

15-12-2016, 01:02 PM
(15-12-2016 11:33 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 10:05 AM)Impulse Wrote:  You're kidding right? That's one of the primary differences between Catholic and at least many Protestant denominations - the belief that communion consists of eating real flesh and blood actually (as opposed to symbolically) converted from bread and wine. If you are "Catholic" and don't believe that, you may as well be Protestant.

Unbelievable that you don't understand your own faith. Dodgy

Catholic can say whatever they want, but they're still eating bread and drinking wine, no matter how you cut it.

Nope. IF they actually believe they are eating flesh and blood, then that's what they are doing, in their own minds. That's cannibalism, AND it's not permitted in ancient Judaism. Your fake distinctions with no differences are pathetic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-12-2016, 01:04 PM
(15-12-2016 12:12 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-12-2016 11:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Am I remembering incorrectly that you're Catholic?

No I'm not catholic

Quote:I'm really surprised that you don't understand this very basic and fundamental Catholic concept. And no, Catholics don't get to decide to make the church doctrine anything that they prefer - at least not in any way that's acceptable to the church or gawd. Catholic doctrine says it IS the body and blood of Jesus. After the bread and wine are consecrated during the mass, they are no longer bread and wine.

Like I said they can say whatever they want, but it's literally bread and wine. We can take a variety of scientist to test the bread and wine after it's consecrated, and I doubt anyone here will be surprised to learn that it's not literally flesh and blood, but purely bread and wine.

That's utterly HYSTERICAL. Since when do you religionists subject your religious bullshit to science ? A slippery slope that ... Tomato.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post