Jesus was a terrorist!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
16-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Jesus was a terrorist!
(16-12-2016 06:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a fucking charlatan-fake ignoramus. NO scholar says Luke was written for a Jewish audience.

Nice strawman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Jesus was a terrorist!
How is this a straw man ? Even non scholarly people like myself know that Luke was written with a gentile audience in mind.
16-12-2016, 11:49 AM
(16-12-2016 07:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 06:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What a fucking charlatan-fake ignoramus. NO scholar says Luke was written for a Jewish audience.

Nice strawman.

LOL. Whenever pseudo-intellectuals don't like something or can't answer it, they go with the "strawman" bullshit. It's not a strawman. I DIRECTLY contradicted YOUR BULLSHIT with a scholarly reference. You just don't want to admit you really know nothing about the Bible, and that your fake degree taught you nothing. YOU said Luke was written for a Jewish audience. IT WAS NOT.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Jesus was a terrorist!
(16-12-2016 11:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 07:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Nice strawman.

LOL. Whenever pseudo-intellectuals don't like something or can't answer it, they go with the "strawman" bullshit. It's not a strawman. I DIRECTLY contradicted YOUR BULLSHIT with a scholarly reference. You just don't want to admit you really know nothing about the Bible, and that your fake degree taught you nothing. YOU said Luke was written for a Jewish audience. IT WAS NOT.

Except I never claimed or said Luke was written for a Jewish audience, hence pointing out the strawman you erected.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
18-12-2016, 08:01 PM
(13-12-2016 07:16 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Except I never claimed or said Luke was written for a Jewish audience, hence pointing out the strawman you erected.

Perhaps we should consider it in an historical perspective and say: it was written by poorly educated/ignorant people for other poorly educated people living in the ancient world?

The book was certainly written for a Roman audience. No matter the area or nationality of the individuals. They were mostly within the empire.

Christianity is after all a Roman religion.

Just a note. I have yet to witness Bucky ever creating a strawman argument. I think on that count you are mistaken Tommy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-12-2016, 09:02 PM
(16-12-2016 06:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  The audience in the parable is Jewish, if the parable as stated in Luke is representive of what Jesus actually said, which your appeal to using it in supporting Jesus the terrorist, is suggesting as well, the audience would clearly have been Jewish.

Now, with this in mind, and the historical reference we spoke of earlier, it changes a few things regarding how many non- Jewish people unaware of the historical reference interpret the passage.

If you were a Jewish person hearing this story who opposed Herod Archaleus's rule and cruelty, the person you would readily identify with is the defient servant, and the ones the ruler is planning to kill for not accepting his authority.

Just like if we were to tell a parable of a slave revolt, where the slaves were caught and killed. The slaves hearing the parable would identify with the murdered revolters, not the oppresser.

Unfortunately for you, you said precisely that. Facepalm
"The audience in the parable is Jewish" ...

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-12-2016, 09:20 PM
(18-12-2016 09:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Unfortunately for you, you said precisely that. Facepalm
"The audience in the parable is Jewish" ...

Yes, the audience in the parable is Jewish.

Not Luke's Gospel was written for a Jewish audience. That was your strawman.

The difference would be between saying the crowd in the film was Russian, and the film was made for Russians.

18-12-2016, 09:40 PM
No. You're such a dishonest cunt.

(16-12-2016 12:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  In the Luke parable Jesus speaks of an cruel individual who went off to receive the title of King, and that a delegation of individuals went out before him to indicate they did not want him to be their ruler, but he was made their ruler anyway.
It's pretty clear, that Jesus's audience would have understand who Jesus was referring to. The parallels are quite evident.

(16-12-2016 06:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  The audience in the parable is Jewish...

It's PERFECTLY obvious what you said and what you meant, AND that you were saying what Luke wrote was aimed at a Jewish audience.

Stop lying.

18-12-2016, 09:52 PM
(18-12-2016 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's PERFECTLY obvious what you said and what you meant, AND that you were saying what Luke wrote was aimed at a Jewish audience.

Stop lying.

lol, the only thing obvious is that you erected a strawmen, and lack the honesty to admit that, even when corrected.

Because clearly the "audience in the parable was Jewish" =/= "Luke's Gospel was written for a Jewish audience". You misinterpreted it to mean that, and lack the honesty to admit to your mistake, even after being corrected. Not only did I not say that Luke's Gospel was written for a Jewish audience, I don't even hold that it was.

18-12-2016, 10:11 PM
(18-12-2016 09:52 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's PERFECTLY obvious what you said and what you meant, AND that you were saying what Luke wrote was aimed at a Jewish audience.

Stop lying.

lol, the only thing obvious is that you erected a strawmen, and lack the honesty to admit that, even when corrected.

Because clearly the "audience in the parable was Jewish" =/= "Luke's Gospel was written for a Jewish audience". You misinterpreted it to mean that, and lack the honesty to admit to your mistake, even after being corrected. Not only did I not say that Luke's Gospel was written for a Jewish audience, I don't even hold that it was.

But the stuff IN IT was written for Jewish audience, (LOL ???) which IS what YOU said to Mark.
Luke PUT the parable in his gospel, and it was NOT for the reason you said.
YOU said JEWS would recognize the context.
You're such a fraud.
Make you should enroll in another quickie degree program.