Jesus was a terrorist!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
18-12-2016, 10:39 PM
RE: Jesus was a terrorist!
(18-12-2016 10:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But the stuff IN IT was written for Jewish audience, (LOL ???) which IS what YOU said to Mark.

No, I think the historical Jesus actually said that parable, someone else may have written it down, and this was Luke's source for it, for a variety of reasons, such as a historical reference to Herod Archelaus. But this is beside the point, because Mark Fulton (who the original comment was directed to), already holds that the passage is authentic to the historical Jesus, in his appeal to it to support of Jesus the terrorist.

Quote:YOU said JEWS would recognize the context.

Yes. Assuming as Mark F. already does that it was authentic to a historical Jesus. If it was authentic to Jesus than clearly it would have been aimed at a Jewish audience, as indicated in the setting of the account in Luke.

Also the parable includes a historical reference to Herod Archaelaus, which any Jewish person at the time would have likely recognized, gentiles perhaps less so. A point that makes it less likely the invention of the writer of Luke, since we assume he was writing to a gentile audience, who likely would not recognize the reference.

Quote:You're such a fraud.

You're the one who lacks the intellectual honesty to admit to your misinterpretation here. It happens frequently, people misinterpret some thing someone else said, but generally when they're corrected on this, they acknowledge it. But you're so cowardly that you can't.

I did not claim, nor do I hold that Luke's Gospels was written for a Jewish Audience. I did claim that the audience in the parable was Jewish. I also hold that it was likely an authentic saying of Jesus, which Mark F. also to some degree holds as well. I also hold that Luke likely derived the account from other earlier written sources, that perhaps were composed for Jewish audiences.

But apparently you don't/or refuse to understand the difference from these positions, and the position of Luke's Gospel being written for a Jewish audience.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2016, 06:52 AM
(16-12-2016 12:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  It's pretty clear, that Jesus's audience would have understand who Jesus was referring to. The parallels are quite evident.

The Gospel of Luke was NOT written for a Jewish audience.
Tomato claimed The (Jewish) audience OF THIS TEXT would have recognized what the parable was about. Then caught in the ignorant claim, he waffles and back-peddles and tries to weasel out of his ignorant claim. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-12-2016, 07:03 AM
(19-12-2016 06:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Gospel of Luke was NOT written for a Jewish audience.
Tomato claimed The (Jewish) audience OF THIS TEXT would have recognized what the parable was about. Then caught in the ignorant claim, he waffles and back-peddles and tries to weasel out of his ignorant claim. Facepalm

Tomato claimed in quote "the audience in the parable was Jesus".

And Bucky apparently doesn't know what "in" means. And believes the audience in the parable means the audience Luke's Gospel was written too. Not sure why if anyone wanted to claim the audience of Luke's Gospel was Jewish, they would prefer to say the audience in the parable, but hey that's bucky distorted world for you.

Bucky is a coward who can't admit to his misinterpretation and strawman, rather he digs his feet in like a perfect example of pathetic and dishonest atheist. Oh, the length folks like Bucky will go to to avoid acknowledging their mistakes.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
19-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Tommy boy.

All done at the glory hole? Sadcryface

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-12-2016, 09:18 AM
(19-12-2016 07:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  All done at the glory hole? Sadcryface

Yes for now, but could always go for seconds.

19-12-2016, 10:16 AM
(19-12-2016 07:03 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Bucky is a coward who can't admit to his misinterpretation and strawman, rather he digs his feet in like a perfect example of pathetic and dishonest atheist. Oh, the length folks like Bucky will go to to avoid acknowledging their mistakes.

How very Christian of you.

And Tomato can't help himself generalizing AGAIN about atheists. His MO.
The MISTAKE here was Tomato claiming and DISCUSSING how the audience in the parable in LUKE'S gospel (which NO SCHOLAR would affirm) was Jewish and would recognize the parable. Then called out about it, trys to weasel out and do his verbal fandango. We all know how dishonest you are. What are you doing here, Tomato ? "Getting the wheels turning" by insulting atheists ?
Jebus no likey that shit. You complete fraud.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-12-2016, 03:21 PM
(19-12-2016 10:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How very Christian of you.

Don't know how unchristian in his for pointing out your dishonesty.

Quote:The MISTAKE here was Tomato claiming and DISCUSSING how the audience in the parable in LUKE'S gospel (which NO SCHOLAR would affirm) was Jewish and would recognize the parable.

The audience in the parable is Jewish, Zacheaus is a jewish tax collector, as well as the people in the story gathered around him in Jericho, no scholar would deny that.

But like I said you don't seem to understand the difference between indicating the audience in the parable is Jewish, and Luke's audience is Jewish.

Quote:Then called out about it, trys to weasel out and do his verbal fandango. We all know how dishonest you are. What are you doing here, Tomato ? "Getting the wheels turning" by insulting atheists ?

You're the only one weaseling, because you're too pathetic, and lack the balls to acknowledge your misinterpretation of what I said.

I claimed the audience in the parable is Jewish. You wanted to interpret this as I said Luke's audience was Jewish, and still persist even after being corrected. You're just a dishonest coward of an atheist.

19-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Hey Tommy boy.

Do me a favour, would ja?

First, prove the existence of your god.

Then come and talk to us about it.

Until then, STFU.

What you say is unimportant. To us, you are simply sad and delusional.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
19-12-2016, 04:46 PM
(19-12-2016 03:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  First, prove the existence of your god.

That like asking someone to prove to a delusional person they're delusional. If there was a God to prove to you exists, you would not want to believe in him.

Quote:Until then, STFU.

Nah, I prefer to continue on as always.

Quote:What you say is unimportant. To us, you are simply sad and delusional.

Ah, delusional maybe, but I can't say I'm particularly sad.

20-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Quote:I agree the "parable" sounds like it is all about Archelaus. It is interesting that he lasted 10 years, to be replaced by Antipas.

Um, Mark. Archelaus lasted 10 years but he was replaced by Coponius who was named prefect when Augustus granted the petition for Judaea to become a Roman Prefecture under the governor of Syria, at that time the newly-appointed Publius Sulpicius Quirinius.

Antipas was never given control of Judaea. Antipas had to be content with Galilee and Perea instead of Jerusalem with its smelly old jews.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!