Jesus was a terrorist!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
29-11-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Jesus was a terrorist!
What Bible are you getting your reference from. Matthew 11-12 you have missed quoted. Jesus and his disciples, the kingdom of heaven were suffering the violence from the Romans and Herod were taking it by force. The establishment had just a rested and killed John the Baptist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2016, 08:07 PM
(17-06-2011 05:16 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I am sure a careful reading of the gospels reveals that Jesus was a terrorist.

A terrorist is someone who is willing to use violence to achieve political aims.

There is no doubt that in the decades before, during and after Jesus’ time many of the Palestinian Jews, and particularly the poor peasant Jews of Galilee, felt degraded and oppressed by the Romans who had killed or sold into slavery many of their relatives. Many Jewish Galilean peasants were even angry with their more urban fellow Jews who had partially assimilated into the Graeco-Roman culture.
A young pure-blooded Jew like Jesus would have hated the Romans with a passion. He would have regarded Romans as an inferior class of people, not God’s chosen, illegitimate impostors who ruled only by virtue of the fact they had a very powerful and brutal army. We should appreciate that Jesus’ audience were poor, oppressed peasants who suffered under the burdens of taxation, landlessness, unemployment and perceived religious discrimination.

If something lives in the sea, looks like a fish, swims like a fish and gets caught on a hook, that something is a fish. Jesus lived in a time and place that was a hotbed of political unrest, he had the right pedigree to be a zealot, he talked, lived and died like a zealot, so therefore he was a zealot. He was the leader of a group of tough talking Galilean militants, men who were angry that Romans were in charge of God’s holy land. He wanted to free his people from Roman rule and create a glorious Israel. The evidence for this is in the Bible.

If I am right, this is a seriously powerful argument that can be used to help educate Christians about their god/man hero.

If there is enough interest in this thread I will discuss the evidence ( there is too much to release all at once). I will be seriously interested in everyone's thought about this.

According to Roman law, Jesus was in no way a political criminal. This is why the character would not have been crucified.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-11-2016, 08:12 PM
(29-11-2016 05:26 PM)Twheelz1 Wrote:  What Bible are you getting your reference from. Matthew 11-12 you have missed quoted. Jesus and his disciples, the kingdom of heaven were suffering the violence from the Romans and Herod were taking it by force. The establishment had just a rested and killed John the Baptist.
This is a 5 year old thread.
But it's funny that this question must even be asked. If God wanted there to be a Bible, wouldn't it be THE Bible? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
29-11-2016, 08:31 PM
(29-11-2016 05:26 PM)Twheelz1 Wrote:  What Bible are you getting your reference from. Matthew 11-12 you have missed quoted. Jesus and his disciples, the kingdom of heaven were suffering the violence from the Romans and Herod were taking it by force. The establishment had just a rested and killed John the Baptist.

Word salad. Toss it much?
29-11-2016, 09:29 PM
(17-06-2011 05:16 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I am sure a careful reading of the gospels reveals that Jesus was a terrorist.

I am sure the Patriot Act makes reading terrorism. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-11-2016, 10:23 AM

A terrorist is someone who is willing to use violence to achieve political aims.

There is no doubt that in the decades before, during and after Jesus’ time many of the Palestinian Jews, and particularly the poor peasant Jews of Galilee, felt degraded and oppressed by the Romans who had killed or sold into slavery many of their relatives. Many Jewish Galilean peasants were even angry with their more urban fellow Jews who had partially assimilated into the Graeco-Roman culture.
A young pure-blooded Jew like Jesus would have hated the Romans with a passion. He would have regarded Romans as an inferior class of people, not God’s chosen, illegitimate impostors who ruled only by virtue of the fact they had a very powerful and brutal army. We should appreciate that Jesus’ audience were poor, oppressed peasants who suffered under the burdens of taxation, landlessness, unemployment and perceived religious discrimination.

If something lives in the sea, looks like a fish, swims like a fish and gets caught on a hook, that something is a fish. Jesus lived in a time and place that was a hotbed of political unrest, he had the right pedigree to be a zealot, he talked, lived and died like a zealot, so therefore he was a zealot. He was the leader of a group of tough talking Galilean militants, men who were angry that Romans were in charge of God’s holy land. He wanted to free his people from Roman rule and create a glorious Israel. The evidence for this is in the Bible.

If I am right, this is a seriously powerful argument that can be used to help educate Christians about their god/man hero.

If there is enough interest in this thread I will discuss the evidence ( there is too much to release all at once). I will be seriously interested in everyone's thought about this.

The new testament I find makes much more sense when read in the context of the Great Revolt. Jesus' crime was sedition after all, and the men crucified next to him were either thieves or insurgents. I don't think the Romans would have crucified people for something as simple as theft, maybe put into slavery sure but crucifixion was more of a special punishment.

So that leaves us mostly with insurgents. And there are so many references in the New Testament about things that happened only in the Great Revolt.
[+] 1 user Likes Celestial_Wonder's post
30-11-2016, 10:43 AM

The fucker is still a terrorist today, look at all the shit his demented followers do in his name, unless of course he is a completely fictional character of course.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
30-11-2016, 02:14 PM
(30-11-2016 10:23 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  

The new testament I find makes much more sense when read in the context of the Great Revolt. Jesus' crime was sedition after all, and the men crucified next to him were either thieves or insurgents. I don't think the Romans would have crucified people for something as simple as theft, maybe put into slavery sure but crucifixion was more of a special punishment.

So that leaves us mostly with insurgents. And there are so many references in the New Testament about things that happened only in the Great Revolt.

My thread has risen from the dead!!

(Yes folks, I'm still here...just been busy setting up a new surgery and feeding 10 month old...see me here http://www.pulsemed.com.au/our-team.html if anyone is interested)

I still haven't changed my mind.

If this Jesus existed, he was a terrorist.
[+] 5 users Like Mark Fulton's post
30-11-2016, 02:29 PM
The least he was, (if he existed), was a *trouble-maker*.
During the Pax Romana, in occupied countries, there was a "standing order" to summarily execute trouble-makers. If he caused a ruckus in the temple (the economic center and life-blood of a city entirely devoted to ritual festival-tourism), then he posed a threat. They just got rid of a meddlesome threat.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2016, 02:36 PM
(30-11-2016 02:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The least he was, (if he existed), was a *trouble-maker*.
During the Pax Romana, in occupied countries, there was a "standing order" to summarily execute trouble-makers. If he caused a ruckus in the temple (the economic center and life-blood of a city entirely devoted to ritual festival-tourism), then he posed a threat. They just got rid of a meddlesome threat.

Yep.

Then, after the war (66-70) they wrote fabricated stories about him....turned him into a messiah who was a pacifist. They created an "already been and gone" Jewish messiah in order to suppress Jewish nationalism rearising out of the ashes of the war.

Good to hear from you Bucky.