RE: Jesuss
(17-08-2017 10:48 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I don't know Weeping

Hug

Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2017, 11:36 PM
I don't know if this guy is trying to rewrite the bible, saying it's great, or saying it's stupid.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2017, 06:57 AM
(17-08-2017 09:41 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What if there's more than one Jesus? What if there's a good Jesus and an evil Jesus?

What if there's no Jesus? Or 8 Jesi? What is your point? That people can make up anything and believe it? That's pretty obvious.
[+] 4 users Like kemo boy's post
18-08-2017, 06:58 AM
(17-08-2017 09:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  He seems to have lost his temper and threatened people when they didn't believe he was a super-duper magic man. We wouldn't call such a man today "good" we would call the cops.

Is that in the Bible?

Haven't you read it?
18-08-2017, 07:00 AM
(17-08-2017 10:17 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:11 PM)TSG Wrote:  And let me ask why you believe that.

There's so much suffering in the world and people are (mostly) just ignorant and backwards. Also, as technology advances, people are becoming more alienated from each other, and becoming more selfish/self-centered. I believe everything is going according to the evil god's plans. I don't think atheism is a rational position based on the likelihood of everything coming into existence so perfectly for no reason (yeah right lol) I really think a higher intelligence or multiple higher intelligences are colluding in the process of universe expression and play a large part in the affairs of humanity.

Why does there have to be a god at all? What, exactly, IS the likelihood? What is so "perfect"? What evidence of this cosmic meddling do you have?
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
18-08-2017, 07:08 AM
(17-08-2017 10:10 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I think science is basically a tool the evil god uses to confuse people and lead them away from the truth.

Let me get this right, you think that the systematic observation, measurement, experimentation, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses to discover how the natural world functions is an evil tool while groveling to unevidenced supernatural entities is the way to truth?

[Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

Thanks, you made my morning.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
18-08-2017, 08:45 AM
(17-08-2017 09:43 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:41 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What if there's more than one Jesus? What if there's a good Jesus and an evil Jesus?

Of course there's more than one. There's Protestant Jesus, Catholic Jesus, Eastern Orthodox Jesus, the actual, historical Yeshua ben-Yosef, and, of course...

But seriously, what the hell kind of a question is that? Shocking

American Gods nails it.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
18-08-2017, 08:48 AM
(17-08-2017 06:23 AM)keepy Wrote:  Aaron and Moses were the ones who led the tribes of israel out of Egypt. at the time Moses was 80 and Aaron 83.

Too bad none of that ever happened.
18-08-2017, 11:21 AM
(11-08-2017 06:11 AM)keepy Wrote:  call him that he may eat bread?. and Moses was content to dwell with the man, and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter. one day Moses laid the flock of his father in law Jethro the priest and came to Sinai the mountain of god, this is strange, why isnt the bush burn up, i will go closer and see this great sight. Moses Moses, do not come any closer, take off your sandals because you are standing on holy ground? GaspGaspi am the god of your ancestors, now iam sending you to the king of Egypt to lead my people out of his country. when you bring the people out, you will worship me on this mountain. i know that the king will not let you go unless he is forced to do so. then i will use my power to do terrifying things there, after that he will let you go. the egyptians will give them to you, and you will put these fine things? on your sons and daughters. carry all this away when you leave.

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-08-2017, 02:08 PM
(17-08-2017 10:10 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I think science is basically a tool the evil god uses to confuse people and lead them away from the truth.... Live with scientific knowledge, it divides us. Or maybe that was the evil god's intention......?
You're messing with us, right? You can tell us. We like jest.

Now, if you're serious, may I remind you that science is the tool humans use to cure cancer, make books for knowledge, and so on. If the evil god is behind medical science and astrophysics and so on, then are you sure people worship the right god?

Also, you realize multiple deities is in fact not in line with biblical teaching and law? (It's like they'd have a commandment or something about that...)