Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Jesuss
(25-08-2017 10:35 AM)keepy Wrote:  remember that god made man in his image so man utters speech like god his father. the bible is indeed the word of god.

You've got it ass-backwards, Keepy. People make gods in the image of their culture.

I believe that the Bible is merely the word of a monotheistic cult of misogynistic control freaks who lived thousands of years ago, and as such their opinions on Life, the Universe and Everything can largely be dismissed or taken with a very large grain of salt. Any god that would actually write such a piece of trash as the Bible can also be dismissed as an uneducated and immoral savage unworthy of respect.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
25-08-2017, 02:33 PM
(25-08-2017 10:39 AM)keepy Wrote:  the lord spoke to Moses...
blah blah blah bullshit...

Here's a crazy, whacked out idea.
Answer a fucking question instead of proselytizing.

I know, insane, right?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
25-08-2017, 02:43 PM
(25-08-2017 10:35 AM)keepy Wrote:  remember that god made man in his image so man utters speech like god his father. the bible is indeed the word of god.

> Prove it!

> The burden of proof lies upon he who alleges. Religious people should be aware that I'm perfectly willing to believe in god(s), ghosts, mediums, demons, angels, spirits, channeling, miracles, horoscopes, astrology, psychics, Ouija boards, the supernatural, and anything else for that matter, as long as they adhere to one proviso: prove it! That's all I ask for. Just one simple request. Prove it!

> Don't give me speculations, guesses, hopes, dreams, wishes, desires, beliefs, faith (or appeals to faith), or indoctrinations. Don't give me one-time-only, non-repeatable, non-testable events. Don't give me internal alterations in one's psychology or physiology which cannot be tested, observed or demonstrated, only felt or believed. And don't give me effects that cannot be related to the supposed cause.

> I have no objection to believing in a deity as long as proof based upon a rational standard of knowledge is forthcoming. Is that too much to ask? But surely, theists can't expect me to adopt their beliefs on the basis of what has been presented, thus far. Every "proof" that I've heard and very piece of evidence that I've seen for the existence of God(s) has been easily countered by rational evidence/arguments to the contrary. No convincing evidence for the existence of any deity has ever emerged.

> I'm more than willing to listen to theistic arguments or view theistic evidence as long as cross-examination is permitted. No claims which must be shielded from rational scrutiny are worth believing. As conditions now stand, theology rests far more on superstition and faith, than upon facts and reason. Consider
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
26-08-2017, 05:17 PM
(25-08-2017 10:35 AM)keepy Wrote:  Remember that god made man in his image...

No. See my sig. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
26-08-2017, 06:26 PM
“Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a worm, and yet he will be making gods by dozens.”

― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
27-08-2017, 12:30 AM
(25-08-2017 10:39 AM)keepy Wrote:  the lord spoke to Moses
No, he did not as Moses is not a real historical figure, and the events of his life are fictional. You're pretty gullible ain't ya?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
27-08-2017, 01:16 AM
(11-08-2017 06:11 AM)keepy Wrote:  ..Moses, do not come any closer, take off your sandals because you are standing on holy ground....

Good point, and scientifically speaking we could speculate that God is in the soil of Mother Earth, and that our bare skin in contact with the ground helps him to communicate with us.
Likewise Jesus once puzzlingly trailed his finger in the dust as if "logging on" to God in the ground. We could even suggest God is the Earth Mother herself..
And perhaps ancient stone circles like Stonehenge were some kind of attempts by primitive humans to tap into that earth energy which they could sense was there?
Oops sorry was i rambling?..Wink
27-08-2017, 03:50 AM
Selling Jesus to atheists:

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2017, 03:54 AM
[Image: main-qimg-cfe3abdc47af712960adb06b0a8e4c04-c]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-08-2017, 04:32 AM
(25-08-2017 10:29 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 07:02 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > My father got his "wisdom" from the Bible, especially the part about beating children to a pulp to keep them in line. "By the blueness of their wounds shall they be cleansed." He was a self-righteous, overbearing tyrant and I did not shed one tear for him at his funeral.

> Interestingly, I read the Bible (six versions) with an open mind and came away with the knowledge that it was nothing more than the creation of ignorant, fallible men, and reflected the fears, superstitions and prejudices of the times in which it was written.

> Sorry, but I put no stock in a book which justifies slavery and wars of conquest in the name of God. Neither do I trust a book featuring talking animals and people rising from the dead. My life improved immeasurably by reading the Bible. It helped me to become an atheist. Thumbsup
read it again, maybe the time to be enlighted has come.

> See my post #173. Maybe it's time for you to admit that you have no rational evidence to back up any of your claims. Yes