Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: Jesuss
(25-08-2017 12:14 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 10:35 AM)keepy Wrote:  remember that god made man in his image so man utters speech like god his father. the bible is indeed the word of god.

So that means god has a larynx, lungs, and a tongue? Weird. I would think an eternal all powerful entity wouldn't be hindered by such things.

I mean it's so weird that god sounds so much like a man....almost like early authors of the bible modeled god after what they thought of as a powerful ruler...hmmmmmm
the father is like his son jesus. and adam was begotten in the image of jesus. the believer in jesus will soon become flesh? in the likeness of jesus. this will take place when the dead rise, first timeSmile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2017, 07:51 AM
(25-08-2017 02:05 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 10:35 AM)keepy Wrote:  remember that god made man in his image so man utters speech like god his father. the bible is indeed the word of god.

You've got it ass-backwards, Keepy. People make gods in the image of their culture.

I believe that the Bible is merely the word of a monotheistic cult of misogynistic control freaks who lived thousands of years ago, and as such their opinions on Life, the Universe and Everything can largely be dismissed or taken with a very large grain of salt. Any god that would actually write such a piece of trash as the Bible can also be dismissed as an uneducated and immoral savage unworthy of respect.

jesus said, love your enemy
28-08-2017, 08:02 AM
(25-08-2017 02:43 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  

> Prove it!

> The burden of proof lies upon he who alleges. Religious people should be aware that I'm perfectly willing to believe in god(s), ghosts, mediums, demons, angels, spirits, channeling, miracles, horoscopes, astrology, psychics, Ouija boards, the supernatural, and anything else for that matter, as long as they adhere to one proviso: prove it! That's all I ask for. Just one simple request. Prove it!

> Don't give me speculations, guesses, hopes, dreams, wishes, desires, beliefs, faith (or appeals to faith), or indoctrinations. Don't give me one-time-only, non-repeatable, non-testable events. Don't give me internal alterations in one's psychology or physiology which cannot be tested, observed or demonstrated, only felt or believed. And don't give me effects that cannot be related to the supposed cause.

> I have no objection to believing in a deity as long as proof based upon a rational standard of knowledge is forthcoming. Is that too much to ask? But surely, theists can't expect me to adopt their beliefs on the basis of what has been presented, thus far. Every "proof" that I've heard and very piece of evidence that I've seen for the existence of God(s) has been easily countered by rational evidence/arguments to the contrary. No convincing evidence for the existence of any deity has ever emerged.

> I'm more than willing to listen to theistic arguments or view theistic evidence as long as cross-examination is permitted. No claims which must be shielded from rational scrutiny are worth believing. As conditions now stand, theology rests far more on superstition and faith, than upon facts and reason. Consider

lift up your big head and see up in the stars, for the stars in the sky is the work of jesus in the beginning. so could you think how much powerful he is? this is a proof, something has been done.
28-08-2017, 08:02 AM
(28-08-2017 07:47 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 12:14 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  So that means god has a larynx, lungs, and a tongue? Weird. I would think an eternal all powerful entity wouldn't be hindered by such things.

I mean it's so weird that god sounds so much like a man....almost like early authors of the bible modeled god after what they thought of as a powerful ruler...hmmmmmm
the father is like his son jesus. and adam was begotten in the image of jesus. the believer in jesus will soon become flesh? in the likeness of jesus. this will take place when the dead rise, first timeSmile

Are you just? here to preach and randomly bold words and insert spurious puntucation or do you plan? to offer any evidence for your crap?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-08-2017, 08:12 AM
from the evening of the 14th day of the first month? to the evening of the 21st. you should eat no yeast, because of the dead first sons. to remind you this fatal night
28-08-2017, 08:14 AM
(28-08-2017 08:12 AM)keepy Wrote:  from the evening of the 14th day of the first month? to the evening of the 21st. you should eat no yeast, because of the dead first sons. to remind you this fatal night

> "I eat what I want and let the food fight it out." (Mark Twain) Yes
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
28-08-2017, 08:16 AM
(28-08-2017 08:02 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 02:43 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Prove it!

> The burden of proof lies upon he who alleges. Religious people should be aware that I'm perfectly willing to believe in god(s), ghosts, mediums, demons, angels, spirits, channeling, miracles, horoscopes, astrology, psychics, Ouija boards, the supernatural, and anything else for that matter, as long as they adhere to one proviso: prove it! That's all I ask for. Just one simple request. Prove it!

> Don't give me speculations, guesses, hopes, dreams, wishes, desires, beliefs, faith (or appeals to faith), or indoctrinations. Don't give me one-time-only, non-repeatable, non-testable events. Don't give me internal alterations in one's psychology or physiology which cannot be tested, observed or demonstrated, only felt or believed. And don't give me effects that cannot be related to the supposed cause.

> I have no objection to believing in a deity as long as proof based upon a rational standard of knowledge is forthcoming. Is that too much to ask? But surely, theists can't expect me to adopt their beliefs on the basis of what has been presented, thus far. Every "proof" that I've heard and very piece of evidence that I've seen for the existence of God(s) has been easily countered by rational evidence/arguments to the contrary. No convincing evidence for the existence of any deity has ever emerged.

> I'm more than willing to listen to theistic arguments or view theistic evidence as long as cross-examination is permitted. No claims which must be shielded from rational scrutiny are worth believing. As conditions now stand, theology rests far more on superstition and faith, than upon facts and reason. Consider

lift up your big head and see up in the stars, for the stars in the sky is the work of jesus in the beginning. so could you think how much powerful he is? this is a proof, something has been done.

> Nope! That's a bunch of empty rhetoric known as the Argument from Assertion Fallacy. Try again. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
28-08-2017, 08:18 AM
(28-08-2017 07:47 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(25-08-2017 12:14 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  So that means god has a larynx, lungs, and a tongue? Weird. I would think an eternal all powerful entity wouldn't be hindered by such things.

> Yeah, and I'm King Isildur. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
28-08-2017, 08:31 AM
(28-08-2017 08:16 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 08:02 AM)keepy Wrote:  lift up your big head and see up in the stars, for the stars in the sky is the work of jesus in the beginning. so could you think how much powerful he is? this is a proof, something has been done.

> Nope! That's a bunch of empty rhetoric known as the Argument from Assertion Fallacy. Try again. Dodgy

when pharaoh asked for a sign, Moses threw hid rod before him and it became a snake. ask the lord for a sign.
28-08-2017, 08:43 AM
(28-08-2017 08:31 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 08:16 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Nope! That's a bunch of empty rhetoric known as the Argument from Assertion Fallacy. Try again. Dodgy

when pharaoh asked for a sign, Moses threw hid rod before him and it became a snake. ask the lord for a sign.

Why don't you do it? Hey throw a stick on the ground and watch it turn into a snake. Be sure to have witnesses and video. It wouldn't really prove anything because you are an idiot and fail to understand that at best you could maybe demonstrate it's possible to turn a stick into a snake (though this is highly unlikely).

Then again.... maybe we can get David Copperfield to do it, cute little magic trick but on the whole, not really impressive anyway. OH hey did you know that "magic" is made from slight of hand tricks?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post