Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: Jesuss
(28-08-2017 06:48 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 08:31 AM)keepy Wrote:  when pharaoh asked for a sign, Moses threw hid rod before him and it became a snake. ask the lord for a sign.

> I've been there and done that during my youth when my faith was pure. That alone was proof that Bible claims are bunk. And this happened many times, Keepy, many times. Stop pontificating and back up your claims with some valid evidence and arguments. As things now stand, you're an intellectual coward hiding behind self-righteous fulminations.

> By the way, that tale of Moses throwing his staff before Pharaoh is fictional.

Fictional how?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2017, 12:27 AM
(29-08-2017 12:24 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 06:48 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I've been there and done that during my youth when my faith was pure. That alone was proof that Bible claims are bunk. And this happened many times, Keepy, many times. Stop pontificating and back up your claims with some valid evidence and arguments. As things now stand, you're an intellectual coward hiding behind self-righteous fulminations.

> By the way, that tale of Moses throwing his staff before Pharaoh is fictional.

Fictional how?

Fictional:
fic·tion·al
ˈfikSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: fictional

relating to fiction; invented for the purposes of fiction.
"fictional texts"
synonyms: fictitious, fictive, invented, imaginary, made up, make-believe, unreal, fabricated, mythical
"fictional characters"

(Yes I do know how to use a dictionary, how amazing!)

Does that help clarify things?

Now if you want to claim it is non fiction then you need to demonstrate your claim.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
29-08-2017, 12:41 AM
(29-08-2017 12:24 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Fictional how?
[Image: raw]

In that it never happened. You dumbass.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
31-08-2017, 02:23 AM
(29-08-2017 12:41 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 12:24 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Fictional how?
[Image: raw]

How would you even begin to know whether it did or did not happen? Dumbass.
31-08-2017, 03:22 AM
(31-08-2017 02:23 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 12:41 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  [Image: raw]

How would you even begin to know whether it did or did not happen? Dumbass.

Because unlike you we are not dumb cunts?

The story of Moses is entirely fictional, and this is the mainstream opinion of archaeologists, cultural anthropologist, biblical and rabbinical scholars.

There is no corroborative evidence in support of any of the story. The Egyptians, who took and kept meticulous records (yes, even the unflattering one), have nothing to say about it. Also none of Egypt's enemies made note of their tragedies, no mention of plagues, the mysterious death of all the first born, losing half their population, nor did any scholar note any strange astrological occurrences. There is no archaeological evidence to support Egypt having such a massive slave population. There is no evidence of such a massive group of people wandering the dessert for 40 years, which anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of logistics would be able to understand the massive undertaking that just feeding such a large group would entail; and it would have undoubtedly left evidence if it had actually happened. Nobody wants the story to be true more than the Israeli's, and they spent millions on archaeological digs and research hoping to find historical evidence to back up their claims to their holy land. Even they came away empty handed, and were forced to own up to their great patriarch being nothing more than a fanciful myth.

The historical record's lack of evidence is deafening.

Not that any of us would expect someone of your staggering lack of intellectual sophistication to have been able to suss that one out. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-08-2017, 03:26 AM
(31-08-2017 03:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 02:23 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  How would you even begin to know whether it did or did not happen? Dumbass.

Because unlike you we are not dumb cunts?

The story of Moses is entirely fictional, and this is the mainstream opinion of archaeologists, cultural anthropologist, biblical and rabbinical scholars.

There is no corroborative evidence in support of any of the story. The Egyptians, who took and kept meticulous records (yes, even the unflattering one), have nothing to say about it. Also none of Egypt's enemies made note of their tragedies, no mention of plagues, the mysterious death of all the first born, losing half their population, nor did any scholar note any strange astrological occurrences. There is no archaeological evidence to support Egypt having such a massive slave population. There is no evidence of such a massive group of people wandering the dessert for 40 years, which anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of logistics would be able to understand the massive undertaking that just feeding such a large group would entail; and it would have undoubtedly left evidence if it had actually happened. Nobody wants the story to be true more than the Israeli's, and they spent millions on archaeological digs and research hoping to find historical evidence to back up their claims to their holy land. Even they came away empty handed, and were forced to own up to their great patriarch being nothing more than a fanciful myth.

The historical record's lack of evidence is deafening.

Not that any of us would expect someone of your staggering lack of intellectual sophistication to have been able to suss that one out. Drinking Beverage

And? You're admitting you know nothing and are taking someone else's word for it? You're the dumb cunt.
31-08-2017, 03:32 AM
(31-08-2017 03:26 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  And? You're admitting you know nothing and are taking someone else's word for it? You're the dumb cunt.

Lets look at that again.

I'm deferring to the mainstream opinion of multiple fields of experts, representing lifetimes worth of work, education, and evidence (note for the slow, evidence is the most important part there). They represent an incredibly well informed opinion (once again, well informed because it is substantiated by evidence). Deferring to experts is kinda what we have to do these days, not everyone has the time to gain a doctorate in biblical studies and go traipsing off into the desert in their spare time.

While you have, what, backing you up again? A child's understanding of a book of fairy tales?

Color me less than impressed, cunt. Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-08-2017, 03:35 AM
(31-08-2017 03:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 03:26 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  And? You're admitting you know nothing and are taking someone else's word for it? You're the dumb cunt.

Lets look at that again.

I'm deferring to the mainstream opinion of multiple fields of experts, representing lifetimes worth of work, education, and evidence (note for the slow, evidence is the most important part there). They represent an incredibly well informed opinion. Deferring to experts is kinda what we have to do these days, not everyone has the time to gain a doctorate in biblical studies and go traipsing off into the desert in their spare time.

While you have, what, backing you up again? A child's understanding of a book of fairy tales?

Nice assumptions. You clearly aren't capable of thinking for yourself, which is sad/pathetic
31-08-2017, 03:38 AM
(31-08-2017 03:35 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 03:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Lets look at that again.

I'm deferring to the mainstream opinion of multiple fields of experts, representing lifetimes worth of work, education, and evidence (note for the slow, evidence is the most important part there). They represent an incredibly well informed opinion. Deferring to experts is kinda what we have to do these days, not everyone has the time to gain a doctorate in biblical studies and go traipsing off into the desert in their spare time.

Nice assumptions. You clearly aren't capable of thinking for yourself, which is sad/pathetic

0/10 - Troll harder please. We get one of you cookie cutter dipshits every other week.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-08-2017, 05:19 AM
So... sadly we're pretty much at the Facepalm stage of our relationship with Angra Mainyu?

Sad

Not at work