Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: Jesuss
(11-08-2017 12:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  <---hands Moses a fire extinguisher to put out the burning bush.

Hey! Wait a minute with that fire extinguisher!

[Image: 93fe5d7cdaa6f8e47b9c3e21d8844b4f.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-08-2017, 01:07 PM
(11-08-2017 12:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  <---hands Moses a fire extinguisher to put out the burning bush.

ABC class fire extinguishers: The new iron chariots!

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
11-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Also why does Jesus have two s's? Is the extra s for emphasiss?
11-08-2017, 01:08 PM
(11-08-2017 01:07 PM)Astreja Wrote:  

ABC class fire extinguishers: The new iron chariots!

Yes, God's creations for the win! Tongue
11-08-2017, 01:16 PM
(11-08-2017 06:11 AM)keepy Wrote:  call him that he may eat bread?. and Moses was content to dwell with the man, and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter. one day Moses laid the flock of his father in law Jethro the priest and came to Sinai the mountain of god, this is strange, why isnt the bush burn up, i will go closer and see this great sight. Moses Moses, do not come any closer, take off your sandals because you are standing on holy ground? GaspGaspi am the god of your ancestors, now iam sending you to the king of Egypt to lead my people out of his country. when you bring the people out, you will worship me on this mountain. i know that the king will not let you go unless he is forced to do so. then i will use my power to do terrifying things there, after that he will let you go. the egyptians will give them to you, and you will put these fine things? on your sons and daughters. carry all this away when you leave.

Exodus 4
24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him.
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

Why did God want to kill Moses? How did he fail at that task? The Bible. It be weird.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
11-08-2017, 01:24 PM
(11-08-2017 01:16 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Why did God want to kill Moses? How did he fail at that task? The Bible. It be weird.

Try reading the Old Testament God as a bipolar paranoid schizophrenic off his meds, and it makes a ton more sense. Yes
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
11-08-2017, 01:27 PM
(11-08-2017 01:16 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Exodus 4
24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him.
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

27 And her son said, "What the fuck mom?" I wasn't the one out for 40 days talking to a bush!
28 And Zipporah replied "Shut up. Just be glad I didn't stone you."
29 And there was much rejoicing

[Image: IncredibleSevereFiddlercrab-small.gif]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
11-08-2017, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 01:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-08-2017 01:16 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 06:11 AM)keepy Wrote:  call him that he may eat bread?. and Moses was content to dwell with the man, and he gave Moses Zipporah his daughter. one day Moses laid the flock of his father in law Jethro the priest and came to Sinai the mountain of god, this is strange, why isnt the bush burn up, i will go closer and see this great sight. Moses Moses, do not come any closer, take off your sandals because you are standing on holy ground? GaspGaspi am the god of your ancestors, now iam sending you to the king of Egypt to lead my people out of his country. when you bring the people out, you will worship me on this mountain. i know that the king will not let you go unless he is forced to do so. then i will use my power to do terrifying things there, after that he will let you go. the egyptians will give them to you, and you will put these fine things? on your sons and daughters. carry all this away when you leave.

Exodus 4

Why did God want to kill Moses? How did he fail at that task? The Bible. It be weird.

That's interesting ... I never noticed that one before. It looks like a short little story that got included, when they assembled the various sources... but it's really not congruent with the larger text. Normally the bizarre stuff in Exodus is there because the priests are bashing either the Northern or Southern Kingdom's traditions ... but I don't get this one. Edit : come to think of it, Moses' wife is not consistently described. The Book of Numbers 12:1 calls the wife of Moses "a Cushite woman", (a black woman from Africa, below Egypt, Cush was Ethiopia), but here Moses's wife Zipporah is said to come from Midian. Thus this story may have been an affirmation about whom he was really married to.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

Up a couple verses it's pretty funny : "4:20 So Moses took his wife and sons, put them on a donkey and started back to Egypt. And he took the staff of God in his hand." .... really ? poor donkey ! I wonder what games they played traveling on the donkey, back in those days ? "Spot the donkeys ?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-08-2017, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 02:01 PM by Cosmo.)
... ...

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
11-08-2017, 01:52 PM
(11-08-2017 01:16 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Exodus 4

"What's your favorite Bible story, Grasshopper?"

"Well, it's got to be the one where God tries to kill Moses (Tries? What do you mean, tries? He's God! There is no try -- there is only do or not do!), but Zipporah (gotta love that name) saves his life by circumcising their son with a sharp stone. Oh, and then she throws the bloody foreskin at Moses and says "A bloody husband thou art!" You can't make this stuff up!"
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post