Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: Jesuss
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot -- this whole "God tried to kill Moses" episode occurs immediately after God gives Moses his great commission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.

"So, I've got this very important mission for you, Moses (too bad I'm going to kill you before you get a chance to do it)."

Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
11-08-2017, 02:11 PM
(11-08-2017 02:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Oh, yeah, I almost forgot -- this whole "God tried to kill Moses" episode occurs immediately after God gives Moses his great commission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.

"So, I've got this very important mission for you, Moses (too bad I'm going to kill you before you get a chance to do it)."

Laugh out load

Consider So, Trump really IS god?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-08-2017, 03:22 PM
(11-08-2017 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You can't make this stuff up!"

Obviously someone can.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-08-2017, 03:24 PM
More like 'kreepy', amirite, guys?

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
11-08-2017, 03:27 PM
So we know that Adam & Eve were blamed for disobeying even though they couldn't have had any understanding of what that meant.... it occurred to me that something similar happened at Sinai. Supposedly Moses went up the mountain for a period of time to get the commandments and while up there the people made an idol and started misbehaving but if they hadn't been given the law yet how were they to know that what they were doing was wrong? Moses was ordered to go down and start killing (despite the brand new "thous shalt not kill" order) over a law that didn't exist when the people broke it.

Yahweh is a royal prick.The only good thing he ever did was to not exist.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
11-08-2017, 04:23 PM
And meanwhile:

1 In that time of the First Age were made those things that afterward were most renowned of all the works of the Elves. For Fëanor, being come to his full might, was filled with a new thought, and he pondered how the light of the Trees , the Glory of the Blessed Realm, might be preserved imperishable. Then he began a long and secret labour, and he summoned all his lore, and his power, and his subtle skill; and at the end of all he made the Silmarilli.

2 As three great jewels they were in form. But not until the End ere the Sun was made and not until the Sun passes and the Moon falls shall it be known of what divine substance they were fashioned. Like the crystal of diamonds it appeared, and yet was stronger than adamant, so that no violence could mar it or break it within the Kingdom of Arda. Yet that crystal was to the Silmarilli but as is the body to the Children of Ilúvatar: the house of its inner fire, that is within it and yet in all parts of it, and its life. And the inner fire of the Silmarilli Fëanor made of the blended light of the Trees of Valinor, which lives in them yet, though the Trees have long withered and shine no more. Therefore, even in the darkness of the deepest treasury the Silmarilli shone in their own radiance like the stars of Varda; and yet, as they were indeed living things, they rejoiced in light and received it and gave it back in hues more marvelous than before. (The Silmarillion, 7:1-2)

Hey, Moses, you know what you can do with your lame burning bush story! Dodgy
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
11-08-2017, 04:33 PM
(11-08-2017 01:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Also why does Jesus have two s's? Is the extra s for emphasiss?

I just found a pic of the OP. I think it explainss a lot, preciousss

[Image: s369787569345687223_p141_i2_w1071.jpeg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 9 users Like Vera's post
11-08-2017, 04:43 PM
(11-08-2017 04:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 01:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Also why does Jesus have two s's? Is the extra s for emphasiss?

I just found a pic of the OP. I think it explainss a lot, preciousss

[Image: s369787569345687223_p141_i2_w1071.jpeg]

> Indeed. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
11-08-2017, 04:48 PM
(11-08-2017 03:24 PM)TSG Wrote:  More like 'kreepy', amirite, guys?

I have accidentally read it that way. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-08-2017, 06:56 AM
(11-08-2017 04:23 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  And meanwhile:

1 In that time of the First Age were made those things that afterward were most renowned of all the works of the Elves. For Fëanor, being come to his full might, was filled with a new thought, and he pondered how the light of the Trees , the Glory of the Blessed Realm, might be preserved imperishable. Then he began a long and secret labour, and he summoned all his lore, and his power, and his subtle skill; and at the end of all he made the Silmarilli.

2 As three great jewels they were in form. But not until the End ere the Sun was made and not until the Sun passes and the Moon falls shall it be known of what divine substance they were fashioned. Like the crystal of diamonds it appeared, and yet was stronger than adamant, so that no violence could mar it or break it within the Kingdom of Arda. Yet that crystal was to the Silmarilli but as is the body to the Children of Ilúvatar: the house of its inner fire, that is within it and yet in all parts of it, and its life. And the inner fire of the Silmarilli Fëanor made of the blended light of the Trees of Valinor, which lives in them yet, though the Trees have long withered and shine no more. Therefore, even in the darkness of the deepest treasury the Silmarilli shone in their own radiance like the stars of Varda; and yet, as they were indeed living things, they rejoiced in light and received it and gave it back in hues more marvelous than before. (The Silmarillion, 7:1-2)

Hey, Moses, you know what you can do with your lame burning bush story! Dodgy

what about your brother Aaron the leviteSleepy i know he can speak well. he is now coming to meet you? speak to him, i? will help both of you to speak.