Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: Jesuss
(17-08-2017 07:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 07:51 AM)keepy Wrote:  You should read the Bible, it is truth. God speaks in many ways.

I've read it. It's interesting as mythology. It has little to do with reality.

Read it carefully and much more this time. surely the Holy Spirit who is the first teacher will enlight you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2017, 08:27 AM
(17-08-2017 08:08 AM)keepy Wrote:  Adam knew the lord very much, they used to meet in the morning.

For coffee?

Quote:he knew that the lord was his father, so the instructions of a father should be taken care and not be disobeyed.

That depends entirely on what the instructions are. Following any authority blindly is childish and irresponsible.

(17-08-2017 08:14 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 07:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I've read it. It's interesting as mythology. It has little to do with reality.

Read it carefully and much more this time. surely the Holy Spirit who is the first teacher will enlight you.

I have read it carefully. I've also read other things. Have you?

Bottom line... what evidence do you have that I should take the bible as anything other than the mythology of primitive people trying to explain the world they saw and trying to gain power and position?

I base my beliefs on evidence. Every bit of evidence I have seen shows the bible to be nothing special. If you have anything, present it. If you are just going to preach then please move on. It's all been heard, and read, many times and there is simply little of value to be found in it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
17-08-2017, 09:09 AM
(17-08-2017 08:14 AM)keepy Wrote:  Read it carefully and much more this time. surely the Holy Spirit who is the first teacher will enlight you.

I see no difference whatsoever between the "Holy Spirit" and "Satan." In addition to being mythological characters, they're both just tools that the evil god in the Bible uses to mess with mortals' minds and subvert their free will.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
17-08-2017, 11:33 AM
(17-08-2017 07:53 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I've read it. It's interesting as mythology. It has little to do with reality.

Which parts should I read more carefully? Where god commits genocide and/or commands genocide to be committed? Where god lets his most faithful servant get completely devastated because of a bet? Where god gives pages and pages of rules based on the most trivial things but doesn't think just maybe he should come out against slavery and rape? Where god instantly kills people for the most trivial rule breakings but then has his favorites like David do some horrible shit and he's like "bad king! bad king!". Where apparently iron chariots are his Kryptonite?

Or maybe you mean it tells you not to question anything, the bible is true because the bible said so, that he loves us so much he'd going to punish us eternally if we don't do exactly what he says, and that not believing in him is by far the worst thing we could ever do.
[+] 5 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
17-08-2017, 11:43 AM
(17-08-2017 07:44 AM)keepy Wrote:  remember that the lord instructed them not to eat of the fruit of evil in the middle of the guarden, but they disobeyed.

Makes sense; the all knowing god who created everything and put that fruit there and made it able to give his creation abilities he didn't want them to have and made it appealing obviously has zero blame in this whole affair.

If an adult takes a loaded gun, puts in on a table in the middle of the room, tells the child in the room "Don't touch" and then leaves, and the child ends up getting hurt or killed (or doing so to someone else), do they get to just tell the police "I told that kid not to touch it!".

Amazing that people can think this story does anything but paint god as either a sick bastard or an absolute idiot (or both).
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
17-08-2017, 11:50 AM
(17-08-2017 08:08 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 07:52 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  You wake up on a strange planet and a disembodied voice tells you not to push the red button in the middle of the guarden (sic) (What the hell is a guarden anyway?).

But if you do push the red button NEVER, EVER follow that up by pulling on the blue lever, no explanation given. What would you do keepy?

Adam knew the lord very much, they used to meet in the morning. he knew that the lord was his father, so the instructions of a father should be taken care and not be disobeyed.

Did he know him in the biblical sense?Unsure
17-08-2017, 11:52 AM

I did, and the Holy Spirit gave me my first lesson. Keepy is a dick.

Now I'm enlight-ed!
17-08-2017, 12:56 PM
(17-08-2017 06:23 AM)keepy Wrote:  Aaron and Moses were the ones who led the tribes of Israel out of Egypt. at the time Moses was 80 and Aaron 83.

No, no, no... It's all a fairy story, just like this bullshit. It's not real.

Exodus 6:20 —And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years.

(Marriages with aunts and nieces were not unlawful at the time. Incest and paedophilia—games for the whole family.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
17-08-2017, 07:41 PM
(17-08-2017 07:51 AM)keepy Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 06:33 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Facepalm

No Keepy.

The whole thing is a 'Myth'. It's a fable. The tale is made up, not real.

You should read the Bible, it is truth. God speaks in many ways.

> You should read The Silmarillion. It is truth. Erú Ilúvatar speaks in many ways. Yes
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
17-08-2017, 07:51 PM
(17-08-2017 07:41 AM)keepy Wrote:  Zipporah said to Moses, you are safe because of the rite of circumcision.

Zipporah sounds like a great name for pole dancing stripper persona. .... And of course, it's already taken.

Stripper Loses Lawsuit for Hourly Wages

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post