Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Jesuss
(17-08-2017 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Zipporah sounds like a great name for pole dancing stripper persona. .... And of course, it's already taken.

With that name I would've thunk this much more suited, Girly, dear Angel

[Image: giphy.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
17-08-2017, 07:57 PM
(17-08-2017 08:14 AM)keepy Wrote:  Read it carefully and much more this time. surely the Holy Spirit who is the first teacher will enlight you.

I'm sure the Bible would be a hell of a lot more entertaining with the help of spirits, but unfortunately I'm underage. Dodgy

More Min Gee Ziss
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
17-08-2017, 08:26 PM
(17-08-2017 07:56 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Zipporah sounds like a great name for pole dancing stripper persona. .... And of course, it's already taken.

With that name I would've thunk this much more suited, Girly, dear Angel

Raleigh, NC area has a local newscaster named Candace Sweat. Seriously, you can't make this up. We finally heard one of her coworkers a few days ago refer to her as Candy Sweat. Now THAT'S a stripper pole name if I ever heard one.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
17-08-2017, 09:41 PM
What if there's more than one Jesus? What if there's a good Jesus and an evil Jesus?
17-08-2017, 09:43 PM
(17-08-2017 09:41 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What if there's more than one Jesus? What if there's a good Jesus and an evil Jesus?

Of course there's more than one. There's Protestant Jesus, Catholic Jesus, Eastern Orthodox Jesus, the actual, historical Yeshua ben-Yosef, and, of course...

But seriously, what the hell kind of a question is that? Shocking

More Min Gee Ziss
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
17-08-2017, 09:47 PM
(17-08-2017 09:43 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:41 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What if there's more than one Jesus? What if there's a good Jesus and an evil Jesus?

Of course there's more than one. There's Protestant Jesus, Catholic Jesus, Eastern Orthodox Jesus, the actual, historical Yeshua ben-Yosef, and, of course...

So you think Jesus was a good guy?
17-08-2017, 09:48 PM
(17-08-2017 09:47 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:43 PM)TSG Wrote:  Of course there's more than one. There's Protestant Jesus, Catholic Jesus, Eastern Orthodox Jesus, the actual, historical Yeshua ben-Yosef, and, of course...

So you think Jesus was a good guy?

I think we know virtually nothing about Yeshua ben-Yosef, aside from the obvious embellishment and literal deification on the part of his followers' followers.

More Min Gee Ziss
17-08-2017, 09:53 PM
(17-08-2017 09:48 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:47 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  So you think Jesus was a good guy?

I think we know virtually nothing about Yeshua ben-Yosef, aside from the obvious embellishment and literal deification on the part of his followers' followers.

He was the Son of God. Do you believe that?
17-08-2017, 09:53 PM
He seems to have lost his temper and threatened people when they didn't believe he was a super-duper magic man. We wouldn't call such a man today "good" we would call the cops.
17-08-2017, 09:57 PM
(17-08-2017 09:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:48 PM)TSG Wrote:  I think we know virtually nothing about Yeshua ben-Yosef, aside from the obvious embellishment and literal deification on the part of his followers' followers.

He was the Son of God. Do you believe that?

No, as his name suggests, he was the some of Yosef/Joseph. We know very little about him, but that much seems pretty clear-cut, although I've heard some say that Miriam/Mary got pregnant via affair and tried to explain her pregnancy as a result of divine intervention.

That 'son of God' stuff is what I meant when I said embellishment and deification. What justification would you have not only to believe that there is a god, but that said god is the God of Abraham and Isaac, and that said God somehow begot a son in the form of a Palestinian Jew?

More Min Gee Ziss