Jesuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2017, 09:57 PM
RE: Jesuss
(17-08-2017 09:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  He seems to have lost his temper and threatened people when they didn't believe he was a super-duper magic man. We wouldn't call such a man today "good" we would call the cops.

Is that in the Bible?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2017, 10:00 PM
(17-08-2017 09:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:53 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  He seems to have lost his temper and threatened people when they didn't believe he was a super-duper magic man. We wouldn't call such a man today "good" we would call the cops.

Is that in the Bible?

Well, you might cite his tantrum in the temple, or his vendetta against fig trees. But the threats came after Yeshua died, when people like Paul perverted his teachings into something completely unrecognizable from what he actually said.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
17-08-2017, 10:01 PM
(17-08-2017 09:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  

Is that in the Bible?

It is.

17-08-2017, 10:01 PM
(17-08-2017 10:00 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 09:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Is that in the Bible?

Well, you might cite his tantrum in the temple, or his vendetta against fig trees. But the threats came after Yeshua died, when people like Paul perverted his teachings into something completely unrecognizable from what he actually said.

Yeah, Paul sucks. I don't believe that shit.
17-08-2017, 10:02 PM
(17-08-2017 10:01 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:00 PM)TSG Wrote:  Well, you might cite his tantrum in the temple, or his vendetta against fig trees. But the threats came after Yeshua died, when people like Paul perverted his teachings into something completely unrecognizable from what he actually said.

Yeah, Paul sucks. I don't believe that shit.

His epistles make up a sizable chunk of the New Testament. What do you believe?

More Min Gee Ziss
17-08-2017, 10:10 PM
(17-08-2017 10:02 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:01 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Yeah, Paul sucks. I don't believe that shit.

His epistles make up a sizable chunk of the New Testament. What do you believe?

I believe an evil being made the universe and that the spirit was imprisoned in matter/time. There are two gods, an evil god and a good god, and our souls are a reflection of the evil god, while our spiritual nature indicates a higher being/force than the evil creator god. I think science is basically a tool the evil god uses to confuse people and lead them away from the truth. I believe various spiritual texts have the ability to unlock a person's consciousness and lead them closer to the spirit of the most high god. So I guess I'm like a gnostic christian? I really don't know. I feel like I don't understand much of anything, but one thing I know for sure, when I hear atheists discussing things, it seems to go on forever with no point and it comes across as petty arguing. I don't think humans were meant to live with scientific knowledge, it divides us. Or maybe that was the evil god's intention......?
17-08-2017, 10:11 PM
(17-08-2017 10:10 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:02 PM)TSG Wrote:  His epistles make up a sizable chunk of the New Testament. What do you believe?

I believe an evil being made the universe and that the spirit was imprisoned in matter/time. There are two gods, an evil god and a good god, and our souls are a reflection of the evil god, while our spiritual nature indicates a higher being/force than the evil creator god. I think science is basically a tool the evil god uses to confuse people and lead them away from the truth. I believe various spiritual texts have the ability to unlock a person's consciousness and lead them closer to the spirit of the most high god. So I guess I'm like a gnostic christian? I really don't know. I feel like I don't understand much of anything, but one thing I know for sure, when I hear atheists discussing things, it seems to go on forever with no point and it comes across as petty arguing. I don't think humans were meant to live with scientific knowledge, it divides us. Or maybe that was the evil god's intention......?

And let me ask why you believe that.

More Min Gee Ziss
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
17-08-2017, 10:17 PM
(17-08-2017 10:11 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:10 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I believe an evil being made the universe and that the spirit was imprisoned in matter/time. There are two gods, an evil god and a good god, and our souls are a reflection of the evil god, while our spiritual nature indicates a higher being/force than the evil creator god. I think science is basically a tool the evil god uses to confuse people and lead them away from the truth. I believe various spiritual texts have the ability to unlock a person's consciousness and lead them closer to the spirit of the most high god. So I guess I'm like a gnostic christian? I really don't know. I feel like I don't understand much of anything, but one thing I know for sure, when I hear atheists discussing things, it seems to go on forever with no point and it comes across as petty arguing. I don't think humans were meant to live with scientific knowledge, it divides us. Or maybe that was the evil god's intention......?

And let me ask why you believe that.

There's so much suffering in the world and people are (mostly) just ignorant and backwards. Also, as technology advances, people are becoming more alienated from each other, and becoming more selfish/self-centered. I believe everything is going according to the evil god's plans. I don't think atheism is a rational position based on the likelihood of everything coming into existence so perfectly for no reason (yeah right lol) I really think a higher intelligence or multiple higher intelligences are colluding in the process of universe expression and play a large part in the affairs of humanity.
17-08-2017, 10:24 PM
(17-08-2017 10:17 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:11 PM)TSG Wrote:  And let me ask why you believe that.

There's so much suffering in the world and people are (mostly) just ignorant and backwards. Also, as technology advances, people are becoming more alienated from each other, and becoming more selfish/self-centered. I believe everything is going according to the evil god's plans. I don't think atheism is a rational position based on the likelihood of everything coming into existence so perfectly for no reason (yeah right lol) I really think a higher intelligence or multiple higher intelligences are colluding in the process of universe expression and play a large part in the affairs of humanity.

The fact that everything seems to be filled with suffering seems rather to contradict your assertion that everything came into existence "so perfectly." What is so outlandish about the proposal that existence perpetuates itself only through the means of natural law? Why is a god necessary?

More Min Gee Ziss
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
17-08-2017, 10:48 PM
(17-08-2017 10:24 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:17 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  There's so much suffering in the world and people are (mostly) just ignorant and backwards. Also, as technology advances, people are becoming more alienated from each other, and becoming more selfish/self-centered. I believe everything is going according to the evil god's plans. I don't think atheism is a rational position based on the likelihood of everything coming into existence so perfectly for no reason (yeah right lol) I really think a higher intelligence or multiple higher intelligences are colluding in the process of universe expression and play a large part in the affairs of humanity.

The fact that everything seems to be filled with suffering seems rather to contradict your assertion that everything came into existence "so perfectly." What is so outlandish about the proposal that existence perpetuates itself only through the means of natural law? Why is a god necessary?

I don't know Weeping