Jewish Graveyard Desecration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: Jewish Graveyard Desecration
I know what you mean but for remaining family members a grave can be very important. My grandfather was killed in North Africa in 1943 fighting against the Germans. He is buried in Massicault War Cemetery in Tunisia. My grandmother never remarried. She eventually got to visit the grave in the 1980's thanks to the British war graves commission. It was a great comfort to her. War graves have been desecrated in Libya and if the same was to happen in Tunisia I would be very pissed off.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Marozz's post
27-02-2017, 03:50 PM
(27-02-2017 02:38 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I know what you mean but for remaining family members a grave can be very important. My grandfather was killed in North Africa in 1943 fighting against the Germans. He is buried in Massicault War Cemetery in Tunisia. My grandmother never remarried. She eventually got to visit the grave in the 1980's thanks to the British war graves commission. It was a great comfort to her. War graves have been desecrated in Libya and if the same was to happen in Tunisia I would be very pissed off.

It can be very comforting to a lot of people to see that their loved ones have had a respectful burial. It's cultural and also very personal, and how a person chooses to honor and remember their loved ones is their business.

Yeah, the graves in that video were vandalized in retaliation to Korans that were recently burned. Grave desecration is clearly about hurting the living, not the dead.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
27-02-2017, 03:53 PM
(27-02-2017 11:30 AM)Aliza Wrote:  It's probably the 70 bomb threats to Jewish community centers and preschools in 2 months that is fueling the fears of terrorism with the grave disturbances. On the day the news reported about the St. Louis cemetery vandalism, there were 11 bomb threats made, and today there was another one in South Florida.

Where is this coming from now? I though we were targeting Muslims not Jews? Is this just a bunch of teenage juvenile delinquent vandals trying to one up each other on the internet or is it as the stupid canine intimated, some organized group like the KKK or some other indiscriminate hate group who hate Jews, Muslims, and darkies of all sort equally?

#sigh
27-02-2017, 03:57 PM
People literally inherit the dead bodies of their relatives.

They can do as they see fit, long as the dept. of health has no objections.

And that is how it should be. Graves are also private property. They are either purchased or leased. Vandalizing graves is destruction of private property that carries a high value for the owners.

Even if you attach no value to these things, they do have a value to those who invested in them. That deserves respect.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
27-02-2017, 03:59 PM
(27-02-2017 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 11:30 AM)Aliza Wrote:  It's probably the 70 bomb threats to Jewish community centers and preschools in 2 months that is fueling the fears of terrorism with the grave disturbances. On the day the news reported about the St. Louis cemetery vandalism, there were 11 bomb threats made, and today there was another one in South Florida.

Where is this coming from now? I though we were targeting Muslims not Jews? Is this just a bunch of teenage juvenile delinquent vandals trying to one up each other on the internet or is it as the stupid canine intimated, some organized group like the KKK or some other indiscriminate hate group who hate Jews, Muslims, and darkies of all sort equally?

Unknown. If I understand it correctly, the calls started Jan 9th and came in bigger waves coordinating with the cemetery disturbances. I'm sure the Feds are rooting out the perpetrators but I'm not aware of what progress they've made.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
27-02-2017, 04:09 PM
(27-02-2017 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Where is this coming from now? I though we were targeting Muslims not Jews? Is this just a bunch of teenage juvenile delinquent vandals trying to one up each other on the internet or is it as the stupid canine intimated, some organized group like the KKK or some other indiscriminate hate group who hate Jews, Muslims, and darkies of all sort equally?

They're on equal footing these days. Hating muslims is more PC in this beautiful new world. But why stop there? If you hate, you can at least do it right.

(27-02-2017 03:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Even if you attach no value to these things, they do have a value to those who invested in them. That deserves respect.

Which misses the mark. It's not on the same lines as blowing up a phone booth for the heck of it. It's making a statement. And that statement is contempt and we gonna get you.
27-02-2017, 04:18 PM
(27-02-2017 04:09 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 03:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Even if you attach no value to these things, they do have a value to those who invested in them. That deserves respect.

Which misses the mark. It's not on the same lines as blowing up a phone booth for the heck of it. It's making a statement. And that statement is contempt and we gonna get you.

Agreed, but even if you can't get everyone to agree with you on the cultural and emotional significance, there is still an impartial and objective way to look at it. This is a crime whether you respect the family's mode of mourning or not.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
27-02-2017, 04:22 PM
(27-02-2017 04:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Agreed, but even if you can't get everyone to agree with you on the cultural and emotional significance, there is still an impartial and objective way to look at it. This is a crime whether you respect the family's mode of mourning or not.

That's where we disagree because it blurs the lines of what this is actually aimed at. It's not a property crime. Intent is all that matters.

I've vandalized a lot of things when I was young, drunk and stupid. Cemetaries of places of worship weren't among them.
27-02-2017, 04:30 PM
This is how fascism begins. Not with the truncheon or the hobnailed boots but with the silent masses thinking, "Well they don't really matter much."

Personally I hope that the judge gets Creative when they catch these SOBs.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
27-02-2017, 04:34 PM
(27-02-2017 04:30 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  This is how fascism begins. Not with the truncheon or the hobnailed boots but with the silent masses thinking, "Well they don't really matter much."

That's also how my parents told me that it started last time round. It's also not "they don't really matter much" but they have to be tought a lesson.