Jewish Graveyard Desecration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: Jewish Graveyard Desecration
I dunno..

I guess I'm just terminally logical about dead bodies.

My mother died in 2003. She's buried (per my dad's wishes) about 1/2 mile north of me.

I've never visited the grave.

No point.

The lady's dead.

She's got nothing to say.

So why bother???

Yeah, I loved my mom. She was a hoot, and fun to hang out with.

That ended when she died - and I don't indulge in self-delusion thinking otherwise....

It'd be a good thing if other people figured this out, and knocked it off with the spooky bullshit associated with dead bodies.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2017, 05:35 PM
(27-02-2017 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 11:30 AM)Aliza Wrote:  It's probably the 70 bomb threats to Jewish community centers and preschools in 2 months that is fueling the fears of terrorism with the grave disturbances. On the day the news reported about the St. Louis cemetery vandalism, there were 11 bomb threats made, and today there was another one in South Florida.

Where is this coming from now? I though we were targeting Muslims not Jews? Is this just a bunch of teenage juvenile delinquent vandals trying to one up each other on the internet or is it as the stupid canine intimated, some organized group like the KKK or some other indiscriminate hate group who hate Jews, Muslims, and darkies of all sort equally?

puppet's election has "empowered" a whole bunch of people to act on their bigotry...but I'd speculate that of the Jews/Muslims/darkies, the Jews are perceived by alt-right types as the most "responsible" for some asshole dude's life sucking. Because Jews control the banks, y'all. Muslims: a lot of people in the flyover states have never knowingly met one (plus that's going to be the military's job), but they probably know a Jew or two. I don't know if it's coordinated, but I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be so. There's been a big surge in white power groups since 2009.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
27-02-2017, 08:30 PM
(27-02-2017 10:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yes - it's a form of terrorism.

But -- it's like any other form of fucking voodoo ---- it only effects the recipient if they're willing to believe that there something special about sticking a dead motherfucker in the ground.

(I suspect the first guy to bury another guy, half expected the guy to grow back outta the ground like a seed of corn -- thus inventing religion).

There's no logical justification for wasting real estate (of which there's a limited amount) on corpses.

It's superstitious twaddle - and should be treated as such.

I disagree. Superstition is irrelevant to the message -- after all, many Jews are atheists -- and from what I understand, any thoughts of an afterlife are muddled and not widely accepted.

No, the message in these vandalisms is the target itself. The vandals don't know which Jewish family believes their loved one to be eternally alive or not. The vandals are acting on what they think will happen in the minds of the families, friends, and wider Jewry as a whole.

One need not be superstitious, or Jewish, to understand the message: we hate you.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-02-2017, 08:31 PM
(27-02-2017 11:34 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Graves, like funerals, are not for the dead but for the living. Attacking the graves was attacking the living loved ones and descendants of the deceased, sending a message. It's the worst of humanity.

I think the response of the Muslim community to the desecration of the Jewish graves has shown the best of humanity.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/22/516582971/...e-repaired

This man gets it.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-02-2017, 08:33 PM
(27-02-2017 04:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno..

I guess I'm just terminally logical about dead bodies.

My mother died in 2003. She's buried (per my dad's wishes) about 1/2 mile north of me.

I've never visited the grave.

No point.

The lady's dead.

She's got nothing to say.

So why bother???

Yeah, I loved my mom. She was a hoot, and fun to hang out with.

That ended when she died - and I don't indulge in self-delusion thinking otherwise....

It'd be a good thing if other people figured this out, and knocked it off with the spooky bullshit associated with dead bodies.

You're stance has been noted (multiple times I might add). I don't think you'll get much disagreement from any of us on that point.

The point is... what this stands for in the greater scheme of things. It's not the graves we are speaking on. It's what (and who) they stand for. Members on here with much better skills at pointing out that fact have done so but it seems you still seem to be missing out on "that" point. I hope you can see the larger picture?

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 5 users Like RearViewMirror's post
27-02-2017, 08:38 PM
(27-02-2017 12:36 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 08:48 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  This isn't about dead people this is about targeting a group of people for their beliefs.

That's even too narrow. It's about them being jews. I think it's an educated guess that religion is the least important problem here. The group they're belonging to is.

These were also the first steps in persecuting the jews in the past. Desecrate their burrial grounds, move on to burn their places of worship and graduate to murder them.

Suffice to say, there's something related to that story that gives me hope. A muslim woman went out of her way top collect more than a 100.000 dollars for rebuilding efforts. She got a lot of internet abuse for her efforts. No big surprise there. Muslims wear a target on their backs also. For the very same groups that are behind attacks like that.

I listened to the article RocketSurgeon76 linked the other day as it aired on NPR, and that same thought of yours crossed my mind: These are people who nowadays also carry the burden of bigotry. I'm glad they stand together, and i'm happy, as an atheist, to stand with them, for the exact same reason.

Niemoller (whom I've had to reference too many goddamned times in the last two months, what a sad state we've come to!) comes to mind again: we must stand up together against the hatred that still infects the minds of too many.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-02-2017, 01:27 AM
(27-02-2017 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Where is this coming from now? I though we were targeting Muslims not Jews? Is this just a bunch of teenage juvenile delinquent vandals trying to one up each other on the internet or is it as the stupid canine intimated, some organized group like the KKK or some other indiscriminate hate group who hate Jews, Muslims, and darkies of all sort equally?

Doubt it's a coordinated strategy, but it can feed into a larger agenda - govt response is important. If it's a nod and a wink and a "that's very naughty" then things are very bad. Probably isolated hate groups at the moment, but if they see that they can act with impunity they will become bolder. Gut feeling is the typical group will be white supremacist neo-nazi, who *are* pretty much indiscriminate in their hate.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-02-2017, 06:41 AM
(27-02-2017 12:23 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 08:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Live people rate in my book -- so any live person being attacked is an issue.

Dead people don't rate.

That's just it. The desecration is about the living, not the dead. Morondog explained it very well.

If OLB is tone-deaf to the deeper underlying message of hate in the vandalism, you would think he would at least not miss the obvious law and order ramifications of wantonly vandalising private property.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
28-02-2017, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 06:52 AM by abaris.)
(27-02-2017 08:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Niemoller (whom I've had to reference too many goddamned times in the last two months, what a sad state we've come to!) comes to mind again: we must stand up together against the hatred that still infects the minds of too many.

I quoted him too quite often. There's ample reason for quoting him over and over. I'm not under the illusion that many will listen. But if it could give some sitting on the fence pause, it's already a success. Thing is, nobody fears to be on the receiving end at some time. When it hits them like a freight train it's already too late.

(28-02-2017 06:41 AM)tomilay Wrote:  If OLB is tone-deaf to the deeper underlying message of hate in the vandalism, you would think he would at least not miss the obvious law and order ramifications of wantonly vandalising private property.

Which, as I said, is missing the mark. If they're waved through on charges of property damage, it doesn't resolve the underlying issue. Which is a hate crime. Obviously. They didn't go out to vandalise the christian cemetary next door, they went for a jewish one. Destroying over a hundred grave stones. There's an obvious message and the crime should be handled accordingly.

As I said, there's a difference between blowing up a phone booth and vandalizing a jewish burrial ground. And the difference is the message. Sent, first and foremost, to the members of the jewish community and secondly to the public at large.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
28-02-2017, 06:57 AM
(27-02-2017 03:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 11:30 AM)Aliza Wrote:  It's probably the 70 bomb threats to Jewish community centers and preschools in 2 months that is fueling the fears of terrorism with the grave disturbances. On the day the news reported about the St. Louis cemetery vandalism, there were 11 bomb threats made, and today there was another one in South Florida.

Where is this coming from now? I though we were targeting Muslims not Jews? Is this just a bunch of teenage juvenile delinquent vandals trying to one up each other on the internet or is it as the stupid canine intimated, some organized group like the KKK or some other indiscriminate hate group who hate Jews, Muslims, and darkies of all sort equally?

The haters have always hated Jews as the brains behind what should be hated. They believe the Jew plants the wrong seed into the minds of the darkies. It's totally warped and that is why it makes an integral part of a warped set of beliefs. George Soros comes up a lot in discussions of white supremacists even when discussing Muslims.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post