Jewish Polytheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: Jewish Polytheism
(27-05-2016 09:58 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

I stopped the video at the beginning and examined the logic circuit on the lower right. No matter what the input I can't figure out what the output would be. No matter the input you can't figure out what either of the two outputs are without first knowing what the other output is, and vice versa.

Is this supposed to be an agnostic circuit?

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
01-06-2016, 07:44 AM
(27-05-2016 08:38 PM)f stop Wrote:  Genesis says "let us make man in our image." The book of Job seems to be a meeting of gods. Are there any other instances in the Bible that would indicate that early Judaism was polytheistic?

The expression "let us make man in our image" is an indication that God is a Trinity. The sons of god mentioned in Job are angels.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 08:14 AM
(01-06-2016 07:44 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 08:38 PM)f stop Wrote:  Genesis says "let us make man in our image." The book of Job seems to be a meeting of gods. Are there any other instances in the Bible that would indicate that early Judaism was polytheistic?

The expression "let us make man in our image" is an indication that God is a Trinity. The sons of god mentioned in Job are angels.

BS. Prove it. No Jew would agree, and they wrote it.
Just amazing the bullshit you idiots cook up to rationalize your nonsense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2016, 08:27 AM
(01-06-2016 08:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:44 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The expression "let us make man in our image" is an indication that God is a Trinity. The sons of god mentioned in Job are angels.

Funny thing is, it's *their* nonsense. So their procedure for getting rid of theological problems is "add more explanatory bullshit" rather than "remove bullshit"...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-06-2016, 09:28 AM
(01-06-2016 08:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:44 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The expression "let us make man in our image" is an indication that God is a Trinity. The sons of god mentioned in Job are angels.

There are Christians out there who think that we Jews don't read our own scripture. I've actually met them, and they're actually told that evangelizing to Jews is really easy because we have no idea what our own book says. Facepalm

Theophilus, did you realize that Jews wrote the book? Did you understand that it is our book, and we do know what it says? The meanings of these passages have been passed down from generation to generation, and we know well that the tense is plural. But it doesn't mean (or even say) that G-d is speaking to other parts of himself.

We have a tradition that Moses asked G-d why he was using a plural form in that sentence, and that G-d told basically him to shut up and write. Moses further argues that there will be some people who will get their hands on our texts and interpret this though it means that G-d is part of some plural entity. But alas, G-d says that although they'll be incorrect in their assessment, the bottom line is that the thoughts in their heads don't add up to anything of relevance and we should just ignore them.
01-06-2016, 09:34 AM
(01-06-2016 09:28 AM)Aliza Wrote:  We have a tradition that Moses asked G-d why he was using a plural form in that sentence, and that G-d told basically him to shut up and write. Moses further argues that there will be some people who will get their hands on our texts and interpret this though it means that G-d is part of some plural entity. But alas, G-d says that although they'll be incorrect in their assessment, the bottom line is that the thoughts in their heads don't add up to anything of relevance and we should just ignore them.

Laugh out load

Um Aliza... you do realise this is a religious defense meme here? Ask reasonable question - o shit it's reasonable - invent conversation of Moses with God that neatly answers question, throw in a dose of "and those who think of this question or question this answer are deluded too". Classic bug fix.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-06-2016, 10:12 AM
(01-06-2016 09:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:28 AM)Aliza Wrote:  We have a tradition that Moses asked G-d why he was using a plural form in that sentence, and that G-d told basically him to shut up and write. Moses further argues that there will be some people who will get their hands on our texts and interpret this though it means that G-d is part of some plural entity. But alas, G-d says that although they'll be incorrect in their assessment, the bottom line is that the thoughts in their heads don't add up to anything of relevance and we should just ignore them.

Laugh out load

Um Aliza... you do realise this is a religious defense meme here? Ask reasonable question - o shit it's reasonable - invent conversation of Moses with God that neatly answers question, throw in a dose of "and those who think of this question or question this answer are deluded too". Classic bug fix.

I do realize that.... And?
01-06-2016, 01:43 PM
(01-06-2016 10:12 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 09:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Laugh out load

I do realize that.... And?

So... you realise that the tradition is... not true? No event like that - God telling Moses to shut it and write, and also answering his query about what future generations might think of the use of the plural actually happened? What actually happened was some smug, smarmy bastard (like e.g. dog) got under a priest's skin enough that he made up the story?

Look I'm not trying to be nasty or anything, just... what I'm wondering is do you accept the tradition is true or do you sorta chuckle at the tradition as being a bit bullshit?

01-06-2016, 01:57 PM
(01-06-2016 01:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 10:12 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I do realize that.... And?

So... you realise that the tradition is... not true? No event like that - God telling Moses to shut it and write, and also answering his query about what future generations might think of the use of the plural actually happened? What actually happened was some smug, smarmy bastard (like e.g. dog) got under a priest's skin enough that he made up the story?

Look I'm not trying to be nasty or anything, just... what I'm wondering is do you accept the tradition is true or do you sorta chuckle at the tradition as being a bit bullshit?

Why does it matter if it's true or not? We have it on record in the Talmud, so it stands to reason that we didn't make it up after the Christians started claiming this trinity stuff. We know what we wrote, we know what we meant, and any arguments that Christians present on this subject (to us) are nullified by our prior understanding of our own book.
01-06-2016, 02:13 PM
(01-06-2016 01:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Why does it matter if it's true or not? We have it on record in the Talmud, so it stands to reason that we didn't make it up after the Christians started claiming this trinity stuff. We know what we wrote, we know what we meant, and any arguments that Christians present on this subject (to us) are nullified by our prior understanding of our own book.

To me, it matters because the question of why God refers to himself in the plural is not in fact *answered*, if the tradition is not true. In that case I don't at all hold that the Christian interpretation is better, but it certainly then I think throws doubt on the authenticity of the Jewish text as an account of God's interaction with Moses? And if the tradition is not true, then how can you summarily dismiss the Christian interpretation that he's refering to the trinity? As much as Christians are far less likely to have an understanding of the scripture as opposed to you, who read it in the original - not translated, your dismissal of the claim is based on what seems to me an obvious lie invented to explain an anomaly that was noticed even early on, although not so early that the scripture got corrected. Hence my question... Again, not trying to be hostile but I *am* an atheist Wink

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post