Jewish article: Is empathy for others a betrayal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Jewish article: Is empathy for others a betrayal?
I just finished reading this article http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/when-bala...rKHM.email written by a Jewish guy who is (it seems to me) upset that some Jewish people are failing to love their own people more than others. Perhaps because I'm not religious I don't think this way and I was actually kind of bothered by what he said. In fact I don't think I belong to any group that I would say "I love the children of X group more than the children of Y group". I understand the particulars of Israel v. Palestine but I thought this was a strange message. Perhaps I've missed the point of this article and should proceed with drinking my morning coffee. Anyone care to tell me their thoughts?
TIA!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 04:20 PM by Janus.)
RE: Jewish article: Is empathy for others a betrayal?
Quote:I just finished reading this article http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/when-bala...rKHM.email written by a Jewish guy who is (it seems to me) upset that some Jewish people are failing to love their own people more than others. Perhaps because I'm not religious I don't think this way and I was actually kind of bothered by what he said. In fact I don't think I belong to any group that I would say "I love the children of X group more than the children of Y group". I understand the particulars of Israel v. Palestine but I thought this was a strange message. Perhaps I've missed the point of this article and should proceed with drinking my morning coffee. Anyone care to tell me their thoughts?
TIA!

A fascistic cocktail of primitive tribalism, xenophobia, arrogance, and a superiority complex at work there. A.k.a. zionism.

Don't forget that with Gaza those people are effectively running the largest ethnic ghetto since Warsaw in WWII! It is almost incomprehensible but it demonstrates for all to see that they learnt nothing from the holocaust on their own brethren!
And with that they massively betray their memory.

Of course blindly supported by the USA, who are consequently 100% complicit in and accountable for Israel's breaches of human rights. Like Gaza.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post