Jewish ppl? ok Christiance? HOW?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Jewish ppl? ok Christiance? HOW?
Hello, i live in israel and i have a question about christianity.

The jewish bible is 5771 years old, but the new testament is only 2000 years old? and it was written by man? i mean, how can people believe that? if already you're believing something, believe the origin. i really dont understand christianty.

and a second question, if jesus chrise was jewish, how can christiance hate jewish people? i mean....our god is technacly the father of your god so i dont understand it.

anyways sorry if i had spelling mistakes im not use to writing in english, as i sad imfrom israel. if someone can answer my questions i will be delayted.
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2010, 12:33 PM

RE: Jewish ppl? ok Christiance? HOW?
Wow. You will get many answers, but let me point out a few very basic answers. First of all the Jewish Bible may be 5771 years old, but it's still VERY MUCH WRITTEN BY MAN. Secondly in a country just a bit over 200 years old even 2000 years is really old. If you've read the new testament you would be aware that Jesus is basically the fullfilment of many, many old testament (jewish bible) prophecies. So it's not so much forget about that book and listen to this one, but more this one is a continuation of that one. Now while technically the Old Testament God is the "father" of Jesus it is believed, that that is more of a human description, and that actually God and Jesus are one and the same. The hate thing is something I really can't explain. The root of course would be that the Jews "killed" Jesus, but this really makes no sense so that's not really and explanation to me. It's probably more that Christians are OK with Jews up to the Life of Jesus, and then they figure the Jewish religion should have gone away being replaced with Christianity. So the more hate post Jesus Jews. Well that's the basics anyway.
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM
(05-11-2010 11:59 AM)S.P.Q.R Wrote:  The jewish bible is 5771 years old, but the new testament is only 2000 years old? and it was written by man? i mean, how can people believe that? if already you're believing something, believe the origin.

The Old Testament is just as much a part of Christian beliefs as the New Testament. They often consider the New Testament to be more important, but they believe the Old Testament just the same.

Quote:and a second question, if jesus chrise was jewish, how can christiance hate jewish people?

Not all Christians hate Jewish people. Actually, very few do.

Quote:i mean....our god is technacly the father of your god so i dont understand it.

We aren't Christian. This is a forum for atheists. We don't believe in God at all.

Quote:anyways sorry if i had spelling mistakes im not use to writing in english, as i sad imfrom israel. if someone can answer my questions i will be delayted.

No problem. Welcome to the forum.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2010, 04:10 PM
It may be true that not all Christians hate Jews but that was certainly the case for a long, long time. The official position of the Catholic Church until the 1960s was that Jews were responsible for the death of Christ and that the entire religion, by not accepting him as the messiah, were still responsible.

During Protestant Reformation many of the new Protestant sects happily accepted the Church's view on Jews. Martin Luther thought the issue was that Jews rejected the Church's corruption and not the messiah argument. He was rather pissed when Jews did not flock to his new found church, too, and wrote some of histories most hateful Antisemitic writings, up to 1933 at least.

It's also worth noting that while the original Christians were Jews, most Christians do not descend from Jews as they converted after it became the official religion of Rome. So, it's not like there is all a common ancestry.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-11-2010, 07:19 PM
A lot of christians are christians because their ancestors were give a choice of death, torture or convert to christianity. Christians weren't just hostile to Jews, historically they were hostile to just about everybody at one time or another.
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM

I wouldn't worry overmuch about Christianity and Christians opinion about Jews.
Christians seek salvation from the God they worship for damning them, and then giving them a second chance after he created them to be faulty humans, knowing full well as an omniscient being, they'd fall short of his grace.

Suffice to say, Christians are either incapable or voluntarily set aside critical thought processes, in order to become slaves to a myth. They live all their lives hoping to get out from under the yoke their God set upon them, as lesser created beings, so they can arrive in heaven and live in the midst of that supreme sadist for all eternity. But they don't see it that way. Instead they excuse, pardon and believe God approves, their bigotry, misogyny, racism, sexism and classism, all in hopes of being rewarded for it when they die.

The best revenge is when the Christian dies. Though we'll never know if there's any part of them that remains to be so so surprised.